Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet refunds

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
I had a trip to Greece booked with a hotel that could only be cancelled for free, up until a month before arrival.

Obviously Easyjet doesn't cancel their flights a month before departure. So I decided for myself to check Easyjet's flight schedule on a daily basis with dummy bookings. Then suddenly a few days ago I found out they zero'd out the route, not selling any tickets for the first half of July. So that was enough for me to take a risk to cancel the hotel and wait for Easyjet to cancel the (2x 192 euro) flights.

The flights still have not been officially cancelled, but pretty sure it will happen eventually.

If this wouldn't have happened i would have cancelled the hotel 1 day before the cancellation deadline and rescheduled my Easyjet flight at that time. Would've been too much of a risk to lose the 2x 192 euro in that case. This might help you a bit deciding what to you yourself in your situation.
Thanks for that, I may just look to re-book in that case to a different destination and bin Berlin for another time. Looking at Split from GLA and flights are running.

I know easyJet wont charge a change fee, but do they still charge the difference in fare?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:49 am

Deleted

Last edited by cwang220; Jun 15, 2020 at 3:06 pm
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by LothianLad
Thanks for that, I may just look to re-book in that case to a different destination and bin Berlin for another time. Looking at Split from GLA and flights are running.

I know easyJet wont charge a change fee, but do they still charge the difference in fare?
As far as I know, there’s no fare difference if easyJet cancel your flight. I also received an email telling me to claim the £10 voucher for my LGW/MLA flights in July. I am pretty sure the flights will be cancelled since those flights are not available now. I will wait until easyJet officially cancel my flights so I can re-book to other dates and destination free of charge. Personally I think it’s better value than £10 vouchers.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
What could also help is to check the departures of Easyjet from your airport. I can see my flight to Rhodes is not on the departure list for the 4th of July, just like the other zero'd out flights. Then from the 18th of July the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport app shows an Easyjet flight to Rhodes again, which corresponds with the bookable flights on Easyjet.com. Everything before 18th of July is zero'd out.

I am 99% sure my flight gets cancelled.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It would appear that my EasyJet refund has been processed today. I got weird email saying my flight was cancelled. I logged in and went into the reservation, and there is a refund to my CC showing - although it's not actually hit my card as yet.

I applied for the refund 24/04/2020.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It would appear that my EasyJet refund has been processed today. I got weird email saying my flight was cancelled. I logged in and went into the reservation, and there is a refund to my CC showing - although it's not actually hit my card as yet.

I applied for the refund 24/04/2020.
That's cool! haven't heard of that many that have actually been completed. I'm about 3 weeks behind you for my first batch.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by TBD
My email confirmation (following request for refund) says "try" within 28 days. So, that's my target.
I gave them 28 days then disputed the charge with Amex and they got the money back in a week or so. From AX's message it seems that EZY didn't even respond to them.
argonath likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I gave them 28 days then disputed the charge with Amex and they got the money back in a week or so. From AX's message it seems that EZY didn't even respond to them.
Sounds like a good strategy. I'm coming up on 28 days for my first 8 tickets, then will move on to Chase.....
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Hi All - I have an EasyJet voucher that I've been unable to use due to COVID. EasyJet isn't flying to the destinations we need to go. The voucher expires in a week. A manager and their exceptions team both have refused to extend the voucher. They've refused to cancel the voucher and issue a new one.

Question - if I use the voucher to book a ticket and then cancel the ticket within 24 hours will EasyJet issue a new voucher with a new expiry?
I imagine we'd lose 33GBP for the administrative charge....

Thx
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
I received notice of cancellation of my flight from Palermo on 24 April, and immediately requested a refund. I have today (18 June) received an email saying the refund to my credit card has been processed today...
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
What could also help is to check the departures of Easyjet from your airport. I can see my flight to Rhodes is not on the departure list for the 4th of July, just like the other zero'd out flights. Then from the 18th of July the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport app shows an Easyjet flight to Rhodes again, which corresponds with the bookable flights on Easyjet.com. Everything before 18th of July is zero'd out.

I am 99% sure my flight gets cancelled.
And as expected I just got my cancellation notification. Filed a refund immediately and got this automated email back:

We are working hard to process your request as quickly as possible. Due to the exceptionally high volumes currently being processed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will try our best to complete your request within 28 days following submission.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I've got some cancelled Easyjet flights booked using Emirates Skywards miles. It looks like Emirates handle an Easyjet redemption by making the EZY booking using an Emirates credit card.

When requesting a Covid refund with EZY, can you specify where it is paid back to, or can it only be paid back to the original card? Obviously, I want to avoid my refund going back to Emirates.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ianwall
I've got some cancelled Easyjet flights booked using Emirates Skywards miles. It looks like Emirates handle an Easyjet redemption by making the EZY booking using an Emirates credit card.

When requesting a Covid refund with EZY, can you specify where it is paid back to, or can it only be paid back to the original card? Obviously, I want to avoid my refund going back to Emirates.
That's a weird edge condition not sure any of us have thought about! On the refund page, if my decayed middle aged memory serves, doesn't give you any options at all. You put in your flight number and name, and hit the submit button. That's about all there was to it when I did a month ago.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I tweeted easyJet and they were quite helpful... I'll explore my other options.

Hi. We are only able to refund to the original method of payment. If this is not of use then we would be able to refund in the form of a flight voucher. Thanks, Ellie

Last edited by ianwall; Jun 20, 2020 at 11:17 am Reason: Quote formatting
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, GE, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Data Point:
Flight Cancelled & Refund Requested online: May 11
Email stating refund issued: June 30
AmEx Credit posted: July 2

Start to finish 52 calendar days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.