Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

How do you like your steak? Doneness? How prepared? Etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How do you like your steak?
Rare
13.68%
Medium rare
64.21%
Medium
14.74%
Medium well
5.26%
Well done
1.05%
I don't eat steak
1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

How do you like your steak? Doneness? How prepared? Etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tycosiao
That color looks wonderful and oh god, what a thick piece of beef. ^
Thank you! My Dad gets the credit though, he mans the Weber in my neck of the woods and he knows just how to do it. We get our meat at Whole Foods here in Durham and they do have such wonderful cuts of steak ^
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Thank you! My Dad gets the credit though, he mans the Weber in my neck of the woods and he knows just how to do it. We get our meat at Whole Foods here in Durham and they do have such wonderful cuts of steak ^
I've never seen blue cheese like that on top of a steak ever.. It looks like the goat cheese I had on my chicken breasts yesterday.. mmm
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Topped with blue cheese, with a side of something carb laden and enjoyed with a beer:

It's hard to tell with different pictures from different cameras, but this steak looks wonderful. Much better than the previous one. Cooked perfectly medium rare, with no 'cold spot' in the center. I would not send that back - ever. I would however have the blue cheese on my salad instead of the steak.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:08 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
I pretty much always order medium-well knowing it will really come out medium.
I like it cooked but I do not mind a drop of pink on the inside.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, USAir Gold
I like to crank up my Big Green Egg and get it really hot. Toss on a fat ribeye and cook to medium. Nothing is better than a grilled steak, baked potato and a Shiner Bock
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
We get our meat at Whole Foods here in Durham and they do have such wonderful cuts of steak ^
Our Whole Foods has pre-sliced Danish Blue in 3" squares - one square fits perfectly on a beef filet and two squares fit perfectly on a rib-eye or NY Strip.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
The steak in the picture looks very good but why ruin it by throwing cheese all over the top?!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Studio54
The steak in the picture looks very good but why ruin it by throwing cheese all over the top?!
Because it tastes good that way! To each their own you know. If you came over I'd serve you yours sans cheese. In fact, that would leave more for me!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Cheese wouldn't be too bad if completely melted.. mmm..
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
For the same reason someone invented the cheeseburger?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Because it tastes good that way! To each their own you know. If you came over I'd serve you yours sans cheese. In fact, that would leave more for me!
Feta cheese would be good too, with some hand-mixed Greek seasoning. ^
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Hey that sounds really good actually. I think I'll try that next time. Ahhh another reason I love DiningBuzz!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:20 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Red Lobster surprisingly has some 14 ounce NY selections, that can be paired up with some lobster for $24.99 (Canada)..

And the steak selection with other seafood options are quite affordable.

I've often been quite surprised by Red Lobster. There is one in Florida near my pad there, and they have an early bird special before 5:30 PM for $8.99 - with drink. One of the options is an 8 oz. steak and it is very good, so I've been told. I have not eaten red meat in a long time. I usually opt for the special, but with fish. Hey, for that price? I can pretend I have blue hair and will be going to bed at 7 PM.

But when I did eat steak... RARE or MEDIUM RARE. Or MEDIUM. I was not that fussy! Just did not like Well Done.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by N965VJ
A favorite in our house is a grilled beef filet with a small amount of melted gorgonzola. Sinful... med rare with a baked potato and a nice dry red wine. ^
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I have a huge steak and I ate the steak last 2 days ago. When she talk with her friend who work at Safeway that they will make a huge steak for me. I haven't ate steak for a long time. It was so delicious! That's why I am very extremely hungry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.