Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict

I am very sorry to say that Mexique closed last month Sad, I'd been wanting to try it. But I do love Topolobampo so I'd recommend checking that out if you haven't!

That is very sad news
Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:23 am

Going to be at Oriole on July 6, then Alinea on the 7th. Will report back!

I'd love any reports on Oriole or Smyth if anyone here goes or has gone!
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member

I am very sorry to say that Mexique closed last month Sad, I'd been wanting to try it. But I do love Topolobampo so I'd recommend checking that out if you haven't!

I'd love any reports on Oriole or Smyth if anyone here goes or has gone!

We loved Smyth when we were there in February. The only issue was that we mistakenly ordered the 12 course tasting menu and it was just way too much food for us. It was wonderful but we should have gotten the like 8 course.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:54 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by United747

Oriole is on my list. Maybe August or September for me to go.

I forgot to add that I had brunch recently at Blue Duck Tavern in DC (one star). Very good as usual - nice service with really good comfort food. The maitre’d was pretty indifferent though, he looked at me a couple times while I was waiting for someone to greet me at the reception area and finally relented after a few minutes of me standing there.
Blue Duck Tavern is solidly 1-star food, but yeah, the service is borderline at times.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am incredibly excited about our trip to San Sebastian this weekend.

We have reservations for:
  • Akelarre (lunch) ***
  • Amelia (dinner) *
  • Martín Berasategui (dinner) ***
  • Mirador de Ulía (lunch) *
8 stars in 3 days is not something that I thought I would ever do and is going to be very expensive. However, once you are there, I guess you have to do it, don't you?

We're also going to do a private Pintxo tour for lunch one of the 3 days!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
I preferred Beresategui over Arzak / Azurmendi / Mugaritz - refinement, precision a little dash of technique here and there but not obtrusively so and obv mindblowingly good food, some memorable as hell dishes.

Love to hear your impressions of Akellare. Don't forget to leave room for pintxos in the old town you lucky person you
EuropeanPete and ringingup like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:46 am

Nice itinerary there! Akelare for lunch is a great choice, as it won't be very full, you will easily get a table by the windows and soak up the amazing views!

• Akelarre (lunch) ***
  • Amelia (dinner) *
8 stars in 3 days is not something that I thought I would ever do and is going to be very expensive. However, once you are there, I guess you have to do it, don't you?

ringingup likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by jbeans
Nice itinerary there! Akelare for lunch is a great choice, as it won't be very full, you will easily get a table by the windows and soak up the amazing views!
One of the reasons why I booked it for lunch is exactly to enjoy the views. Do you think I should request a table by the windows in advance?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:16 am

What time is your res? I had booked the first lunch seating (1pm I think), and we had our pick of a table in an empty dining room. But if you're going a bit later it wouldn't hurt to reach out in advance I think.

One of the reasons why I booked it for lunch is exactly to enjoy the views. Do you think I should request a table by the windows in advance?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jbeans
What time is your res? I had booked the first lunch seating (1pm I think), and we had our pick of a table in an empty dining room. But if you're going a bit later it wouldn't hurt to reach out in advance I think.
It's at 2 PM, so quite late. I may write a note to them in advance!
jbeans likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald

• Akelarre (lunch) ***
  • Amelia (dinner) *

I was in San Sebastian last week and dined at Arzak and Mirador de Ulía. We also ate at Nerua in Bilbao.

The meal at Arzak blew us away. Mirador has a fabulous view of the city. All three restaurants still had guisante lágrima, the so-called "green caviar", on the menu (probably due to the unseasonable cool weather).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: some
Arzak is still one of the best meals I ever had (back when father was still in the kitchen and his daugher FoH. You'll have a great time.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: some
Just returned from Ishikawa, 3* in Tokyo. Modern kaiseki.
This was a very competent meal with some standouts such as the grilled seaperch, the abalone with innards (I am NOT a fan of abalone normally) and uni that rivalled that of Kimura - the best I ever had. Although this is not going to be one of my most vivid memories, it certainly was a truly excellent meal.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Fliar
Arzak is still one of the best meals I ever had (back when father was still in the kitchen and his daugher FoH. You'll have a great time.
If I'm not wrong, the reason why I didn't book it is that it's closed this weekend.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:40 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Fliar
Juan Mari Arzak was there last week. We have a photo with him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.