Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:42 pm

So I have my itinerary planned out for Italy next week.

1* La Bottega del Buon Caffe (Firenze)
2* Vun (Milano)
3* La Pergola (Roma)
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
So I have my itinerary planned out for Italy next week.

1* La Bottega del Buon Caffe (Firenze)
2* Vun (Milano)
3* La Pergola (Roma)
La Pergola is fabulous!

Am seeking input from anyone who might have thoughts or experience. I'll be in Portugal for a bit (Lisbon and Porto) next month and would love recommendations, Michelin or otherwise. I'll be alone in Lisbon, and mostly with a group of 8 (for a friend's birthday trip) in Porto. Belcanto in Lisbon is fully booked for my dates. I made a booking for myself at The Yeatman in Porto before the rest of the group gets in. I appreciate any advice!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
La Pergola is fabulous!

Am seeking input from anyone who might have thoughts or experience. I'll be in Portugal for a bit (Lisbon and Porto) next month and would love recommendations, Michelin or otherwise. I'll be alone in Lisbon, and mostly with a group of 8 (for a friend's birthday trip) in Porto. Belcanto in Lisbon is fully booked for my dates. I made a booking for myself at The Yeatman in Porto before the rest of the group gets in. I appreciate any advice!
Haven't been back to La Pergola for many years, but I still dream about my meals there (even have thought of going to Rome just to eat there!). From the previous post sounds like it's just as good.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:16 pm

Another vote of confidence for La Pergola. Just make sure you save room for desserts!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find that I'm put off by seeing so much foam in the pictures of food from these restaurants.

When did someone decide that "foamy" was a good look and texture for foodstuffs? They didn't ask me!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by MaxBuck
When did someone decide that "foamy" was a good look and texture for foodstuffs? They didn't ask me!
Good? Probably the wrong word but certainly from a texture point of view it does introduce new options and can add some interest. I do however think its over used and been in a fair few places where they should be paying more attention to the basics of seasoning etc rather than making foams.

If its any consolation, they didnt ask me either.
estnet and Fliar like this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:42 pm

Despite the restaurant telling me they were full when I called yesterday, my hotel concierge in Lisbon was able to get me a booking at Belcanto for when I am there next month. I'm very pleased! In the future I'll just ask the concierge to begin with.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Despite the restaurant telling me they were full when I called yesterday, my hotel concierge in Lisbon was able to get me a booking at Belcanto for when I am there next month. I'm very pleased! In the future I'll just ask the concierge to begin with.
Oh definitely. Also realized that not all concierges are the same. If one can't get it for you, try another as well.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AC
Planning a London trip this July and didn't have any luck with The Fat Duck but managed to (rather easily) snag a reservation at the Waterside Inn. Has anyone been there and can offer their opinion on whether it's worth the trek out to Bray to have the meal?

I also have a reservation at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay (I know opinion on this probably isn't too high here, but I was there 3 years ago for dinner right before I proposed to my now wife and it was a perfect meal) and plan to make reservations at The Ledbury (purely in terms of food, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to) and considering making a reservation at The Clove Club.

RGR and Ledbury are pretty much locks so I only want to go to The Waterside Inn and Clove Club if they are actually worth it.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by kiokujai
... Clove Club if they are actually worth it.

Thanks in advance!

Went to Clove Club last year. For the price it's good, but it wasn't worth all the build up. For food quality, I prefer Hedone (although it's more costly).
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:10 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by op487062
Went to Clove Club last year. For the price it's good, but it wasn't worth all the build up. For food quality, I prefer Hedone (although it's more costly).
+1 to that.

Hedone and Claude Bosi are on my 'must return' list whenever I'm in LHR.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:35 pm

I had lunch at The Waterside Inn last year and had the tasting menu and wine pairings. The setting and service were wonderful but I didn't feel it was a 3 Michelin Star meal. No missteps but nothing on the plate was that exciting or memorable. I had a better meal at Gordon Ramsay. That being said I would go for the setting and variety of getting out of London.

I heartily second the Claude Bosi at Bibendum recommendation. I would do that over The Clove Club.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Anyone have thoughts on Michelin-starred spots in Singapore? The only one that has caught my eye so far is Candlenut; most of the other choices seem to be Western-style options.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I had dinner a few weeks ago at Gramercy Tavern. My dinner companion and I had the 3 course prix fixe and thought the meal was very good. No pictures this time.

The service is very different from what you’d expect at a Michelin restaurant. It’s kinda hard to describe, I’d maybe say homey? The server we had was very polite and enthusiastic as were the others. But the kitchen runner would drop plates on the table with a thud which was annoying.

This is was my second visit and would definitely go back. I would like to try the tavern side sometime too.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:17 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by United747
I had dinner a few weeks ago at Gramercy Tavern. My dinner companion and I had the 3 course prix fixe and thought the meal was very good. No pictures this time.

The service is very different from what you’d expect at a Michelin restaurant. It’s kinda hard to describe, I’d maybe say homey? The server we had was very polite and enthusiastic as were the others. But the kitchen runner would drop plates on the table with a thud which was annoying.

This is was my second visit and would definitely go back. I would like to try the tavern side sometime too.
Believe it or not, Gramercy Tavern is my favorite restaurant in NYC...and has been for eons. (The Lambs Club and its spectacular bar may be my second favorite.) It’s always excellent, interesting food combined with relaxed and almost fun service in a energized but not at all pretentious ambience.

Last edited by bhrubin; Apr 21, 2018 at 11:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.