Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
IIRC it's almost impossible for Guy Savoy to double from its current price in Vegas...
Yep, both Paris and Las Vegas are crazy expensive. Appetizers range from $75-$100 and main dishes from $100-$130.

But I think they offer half sizes and are willing to do a make your own tasting menu.

Otherwise, they do have a tasting menu, IIRC, it’s $385
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That is much more reasonable than I had remembered. I must have been thinking of one of the other super chefs in Vegas whose tasting menu was more like $700 or so...
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:26 am

That is much more reasonable than I had remembered. I must have been thinking of one of the other super chefs in Vegas whose tasting menu was more like $700 or so...
Maybe Joel Robuchon? That place is just as expensive, maybe more
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by United747

Maybe Joel Robuchon? That place is just as expensive, maybe more
I might have been thinking of Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, though his premium tasting menu comes with matched wines for the $777, so I guess it's a bit of a steal.

Back on topic, I'm actually back in Vegas in April and am wondering whether it's worthwhile going to any of the serious restaurants there. I did the Joel Robuchon Atelier last year after I couldn't stomach the cost of Robuchon's proper place, but it's still on my to do list after a delayed flight caused me to miss a booking there a few years ago.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:49 am

I might have been thinking of Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, though his premium tasting menu comes with matched wines for the $777, so I guess it's a bit of a steal.

Back on topic, I'm actually back in Vegas in April and am wondering whether it's worthwhile going to any of the serious restaurants there. I did the Joel Robuchon Atelier last year after I couldn't stomach the cost of Robuchon's proper place, but it's still on my to do list after a delayed flight caused me to miss a booking there a few years ago.
I did Joel Robuchon proper a few years ago. The food was great, but had pretty bad service. They just didn’t really seem to care that I was there.

If you’re going to one of them I’d pick Guy Savoy. You could do some half portions from the a la carte menu.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by estnet
But then the price will double
At least
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:20 pm

Going to Italy next month. Going to be traveling from Rome stopping by Florence, Venice, and ending in Milan. I have reservations at La Pergola in Rome and Vun in Milan and I'm trying to get a seat at Osteria Francescana. Any where else I should hit up?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
Going to Italy next month. Going to be traveling from Rome stopping by Florence, Venice, and ending in Milan. I have reservations at La Pergola in Rome and Vun in Milan and I'm trying to get a seat at Osteria Francescana. Any where else I should hit up?
We hit 3* Le Calandre while staying in Venice (about 1 hr drive), and it was truly outstanding. Same chef also has 1* Quadri in Venice. Not as good nor as pricey but a lot more convenient.

i highly recommend 2* Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia in Milan. One of the best 2* restaurants I’ve ever enjoyed. Truly sublime, comparable in excellence IMO to Le Calandre.

In Rome, we didn’t try La Pergola, but we very much enjoyed 2* Il Pagliaccio and 1* La Terrazza.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:32 pm

I’ll second Le Calendre, and would even go so far as to say we much preferred it to Francescana.
bhrubin and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think Narisawa is a 2 star now. They're both different styles and I enjoy them both. I'd say go with Narisawa since you already did Ryugin.
I actually booked both for my upcoming stay in Tokyo...I enjoyed Ryugin a lot - both the atmosphere and food, but that was over a year ago and in fall, so I am curious to see what their spring menu would be...and Narisawa is something new for me this time, so I am glad to hear positive confirmation of my choice
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by in4tar
I actually booked both for my upcoming stay in Tokyo...I enjoyed Ryugin a lot - both the atmosphere and food, but that was over a year ago and in fall, so I am curious to see what their spring menu would be...and Narisawa is something new for me this time, so I am glad to hear positive confirmation of my choice
Probably something that includes some form of cherry blossom and spring catches. You'll have 2 great dining experiences.
in4tar likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by phant0m
I think Il Cibreo in Florence is a can't miss. Discussed upthread I think or possibly on a thread elsewhere. I don't think it is Michelin rated but I wouldn't pay any attention to that.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I think Il Cibreo in Florence is a can't miss. Discussed upthread I think or possibly on a thread elsewhere. I don't think it is Michelin rated but I wouldn't pay any attention to that.
Trattoria Il Cibreo has a Bib-Gourmand
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Originally Posted by offerendum
Trattoria Il Cibreo has a Bib-Gourmand
I saw that somewhere else as well. Looks like they have a ristorante and a trattoria that serves from the same kitchen. I'll add the trattoria to my list. Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I had a lovely lunch today at 2 Michelin star Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons in Oxfordshire. I had read mixed reviews but this was stunning! I now have a new appreciation for quail. This meal was probably better food-wise than my meal at The Fat Duck 2 weeks ago and far far better value.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.