What's for dinner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Salad with butter lettuce and kale and goat cheese--ranch dressing. Salmon coated with mustard/mayo/dill mix and cooked en papillote, romanesco cauliflower just because it looks so cool and Martian-like. I'm on the wagon so I couldn't break into the Sauvignon Blanc that was calling me.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by braslvr
Yeah, maybe some basil, but I wouldn't want any of the other toppings other than the mozzarella. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard of such a vile combination.

Acceptable vegetables on pizza include mushrooms, black olives, artichoke hearts, and green onions.
It was a Blaze Pizza - where you build your own (for one price), rather like Chipotle where you add your own toppings. It's a tasty way to get a bunch of vegetables without eating a salad. If I'm paying for the toppings, it's pepperoni and green pepper.

(BTW, it's pretty funny that someone who objects to a "vile combination" of vegetables on a pizza would think mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts and green onions are just fine. Considering your location, I'm surprised you didn't add kale and sprouts to the mix. )
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I try to be funny, and I never jumped on the kale bandwagon.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I had a Blaze pizza for lunch today - shredded mozzarella, mozzarella di bufala, basil, spinach, green peppers, roasted red peppers, banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, onions. Perfect!
LeBron thanks you for your support.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Remembered I had a ziploc of leftover smoked barbecue (ribs, sausage, chicken) in the freezer. Whipped up a batch of corn muffins to go with it.

Mmmmm
cawhite likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by MaxBuck
LeBron thanks you for your support.
I didn't realize that - just Googled to find out what you were talking about.

I ordered ribs from Twin Anchors (a legendary place for ribs in Chicago - a place I had managed never to go to). It seems I made the right choice before tonight. Blah.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:16 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Remembered I had a ziploc of leftover smoked barbecue (ribs, sausage, chicken) in the freezer. Whipped up a batch of corn muffins to go with it.

Mmmmm
Mmmm, sounds yummy!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Steak cookout with my dad. Cocktails, grass fed ribeye and baked potatoes, post dinner cigars.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Mrs. Milepig was gone last evening and I made a batch of something she won't let in the house.

It is from my childhood and I believe the original name was "Top of the stove scalloped potatoes" and I suspect the origin was either a depression or war-time recipe. It is beloved my myself and all my siblings but no one else will go near the stuff. It doesn't help that my farmer BIL renamed it "pig slop."

In essence, the original recipe called for boiling potatoes and carrot slices in milk with salt and pepper and then adding cheese (the faker the better) and crumbled crackers to bind it all together.

This recipe had multiple problems and the milk always boiled over, the potatoes were done before the carrots and turned to mush, and the dish came off the stove looking like, well, pig slop. But, the ultimate comfort food.

In my rendition I first saute carrots onions and celery (depending on what's in the house) until partially cooked and then add the potatoes and milk and a nub of butter unless we happen to have whole milk in the fridge. I use a giant pot avoiding the boiling over problem. When the potatoes are done I then add actual cheese from the cheddar family (anything more flavorful would ruin the taste) and a few crackers.

The stuff is like crack to me, but Mrs. Milepig coined the phrase "lips that touch pig slop shall never touch mine." I carefully cleaned everything up and took out the trash so with luck she won't realized that I'd strayed from the path.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
For a Family & Friends gathering we hired a well-reputated BBQ chef to do a whole lamb rotating over charcoal heat. Served with potato gratin , tomato salad, broccoli and lots of Rioja. Two guests will bring deserts, still unknown to me.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:41 pm

I supported LeBron again. Every veggie I could find!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Lemon pepper sockeye salmon fillets, cooked over charcoal (along with a vegetable medley -- also cooked over charcoal), Mrs. cblaisd's homemade yeast rolls toasted into garlic bread, orange slices.

And I get extra points for grilling in the rain
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Leftover Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
spaghetti and meat sauce (now feel bloated)
*burp*
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
lunch: salmon steak

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.