Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by enviroian
was it re-giftedf?
No, a friend was over and I just asked her if she wanted it.

If I'm going to get an air fryer, it would be the lid that goes on an InstantPot.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Her recommendation was to go with one of the high-end toaster ovens that has convection feature, and use that as your air fryer.
This seems like the best advice in the thread to me.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
I agree with this however, restaurant quality equipment usually costs a lot of money.
Top tip...go to restaurant auctions. You can pick up nearly new stuff at a great price. And those machines are designed to run all day.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by enviroian
was it re-giftedf?
Possibly a gift from ex mother inlaw!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Possibly a gift from ex mother inlaw!
No, she wouldn't buy something like that because she would think I shouldn't eat anything fried.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I definitely don't get toaster ovens, I had one on my first apartment over here, other people raved about them, I just ended up with a deep and nasty burn on my upper arm! Got rid when I moved. If I want toast, I have a toaster which is much quicker. If I want to cook in an oven I have a full size oven, and if I so desired I could work out how my microwave does other types of cooking (but haven't so far, I just know it does).
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
We have a standard toaster oven, but it’s been years since it’s been used. The toaster and air fryer get used regularly. We don’t even use the normal oven that much. Maybe once a month.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:18 am
Suspended

OMG...how much does an air fryer cost?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by emma69
I definitely don't get toaster ovens, I had one on my first apartment over here, other people raved about them, I just ended up with a deep and nasty burn on my upper arm! Got rid when I moved. If I want toast, I have a toaster which is much quicker. If I want to cook in an oven I have a full size oven, and if I so desired I could work out how my microwave does other types of cooking (but haven't so far, I just know it does).
I couldn't live without my toaster oven! It's one of the older Breville convection models without the airfryer and other fancy modes, but it does a fantastic job of toasting, baking and broiling - so much so I haven't used my stove oven in years! And what doesn't go into the toaster oven can usually go into the microwave. Of course I don't have to cook large quantities of anything any more, so a large stove oven is unnecessary - although it does make a great place to store pots and pans.

So I was wondering ... if I used the Breville on convection mode, would it act like an airfryer? (You can tell I'm not a cook)
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use my toaster oven every day. It's so versatile and I don't have to take all the pans that are stored in my stove oven out. Plus I am not going to heat up the big oven and the house for just toasting some nuts or heating up a baguette or cooking a couple slices of bacon or so many other things.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
I couldn't live without my toaster oven! It's one of the older Breville convection models without the airfryer and other fancy modes, but it does a fantastic job of toasting, baking and broiling - so much so I haven't used my stove oven in years! And what doesn't go into the toaster oven can usually go into the microwave. Of course I don't have to cook large quantities of anything any more, so a large stove oven is unnecessary - although it does make a great place to store pots and pans.

So I was wondering ... if I used the Breville on convection mode, would it act like an airfryer? (You can tell I'm not a cook)
Yes...an air fryer is basically the same as a convection oven or pretty close to it.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I too use the toaster oven daily and I use the stove oven several times a week.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use my oven and the 'broil' (grill) setting for a lot of things that people seem to use their toaster ovens for, and I also use pans on the stove for many things as well - I don't eat bacon but if I did I would cook it under the grill, I toast nuts in a dry non stick pan all the time, and the baguette, if it was frozen and I am reheating it, yes I would use the regular oven, but I also often use a hot pan with regular or garlic butter if I am so inclined - makes a great caprese sandwich!. I guess, since getting rid of the one I had I have never thought 'gee I wish I had my toaster oven still'. I am now wondering if it is actually still in a box in the basement as I can't remember actually getting rid of it - I don't think I would have put it in the garbage, but can't recall giving it to anyone either! Might have to have a basement dig around!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I use my oven and the 'broil' (grill) setting for a lot of things that people seem to use their toaster ovens for, and I also use pans on the stove for many things as well - I don't eat bacon but if I did I would cook it under the grill, I toast nuts in a dry non stick pan all the time, and the baguette, if it was frozen and I am reheating it, yes I would use the regular oven, but I also often use a hot pan with regular or garlic butter if I am so inclined - makes a great caprese sandwich!. I guess, since getting rid of the one I had I have never thought 'gee I wish I had my toaster oven still'. I am now wondering if it is actually still in a box in the basement as I can't remember actually getting rid of it - I don't think I would have put it in the garbage, but can't recall giving it to anyone either! Might have to have a basement dig around!
Pitter, patter.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:10 pm

Yanisa wanted one. She's been using it every day. Wings come out great. Yes it's basically a specialty convection oven with a basket. The one she got is 7 quarts, it's fairly large for an air fryer. It's also pretty noisy, but you cook things much faster in it using no oil or maybe a brushing of oil on some things. Frozen french fries come out great in it. Nice and crispy if you do them correctly. It is pretty large on the counter. Lots of smaller ones out there as well. Is it a fad? Maybe part of the stay at home thing I guess, but Yanisa's enjoying it.

She got this one though it was $86 (even cheaper with other non-item specific promos) when we bought it:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B081GJXXRM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.