Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
We're continuing to try out the air fryer. Bacon was a game changer! (Mainly because Mr. CE loves bacon and it's so messy to cook.) He also tried and loved potstickers. And tonight we did air fried panko crusted cod for fish tacos for dinner.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have an interesting air fryer story. I have traditionally been against getting one since I always thought of it as a mini convection oven, and I already have a convection oven. However, I had the opportunity to get one for free by making an unboxing video for it. When I first got it, I loved using it. Now I only use it occasionally but I am definitely glad I have it. Waiting for my gas oven to preheat takes time whereas the air fryer can be done by the time the regular oven gets to temperature.

-J.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Got an Air Fryer for Christmas and plan to use it for the first time tonight.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:16 pm

While the air fryer is bigger than I'd like (in terms of storage space), we are using it several times a week. Today or was used for pot stickers for lunch then cauliflower for dinner. Cauliflower was delicious -- I'm not a huge cauliflower fan and I'd eat it every day. I tossed it in olive oil and sprinkled
this this
(great for all kinds of roast vegetables), then roasted it at 390 for 14m tossing it every 2-3m. During the last minute or two I melted about a tablespoon of https://www.popsugar.com/food/photo-gallery/45871085/embed/48305600/p and tossed the cooked cauliflower in it. Wow.

(Looks like the link didn't embed correctly and I can't fix on my phone, but Trader Joe's brown butter!
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
While the air fryer is bigger than I'd like (in terms of storage space), we are using it several times a week. Today or was used for pot stickers for lunch then cauliflower for dinner. Cauliflower was delicious -- I'm not a huge cauliflower fan and I'd eat it every day. I tossed it in olive oil and sprinkled this (great for all kinds of roast vegetables), then roasted it at 390 for 14m tossing it every 2-3m. During the last minute or two I melted about a tablespoon of Trader Joe's brown butter, and tossed the cooked cauliflower in it. Wow.

(Looks like the link didn't embed correctly and I can't fix on my phone, but Trader Joe's brown butter!
Trader Joe sells brown butter?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by corky
Trader Joe sells brown butter?
Yes! Newish product and excellent!
corky likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Yes! Newish product and excellent!
Is it shelf stable? I am not seeing the point when all you have to do is melt butter in a saute pan.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by corky
Is it shelf stable? I am not seeing the point when all you have to do is melt butter in a saute pan.
I'm not sure if it's shelf-stable after opening -- I threw it in the fridge. The convenience was what sold me on it...far easier to spend a minute melting it than to spend 10 minutes trying to brown butter without burning it.
corky likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

We've got Gourmia 7qt in Costco in December for $49 on sale. Have been using it about 5 times a week. Everything comes out perfect and it's easy to clean!
My absolute favorite dish so far from the air fryer is rack of lamb from Costco. I used to buy 2 lamb lollipops in local restaurant for $16, now I buy whole rack at Costco for ~$20. Cut them in half (rack wouldn't fit in the fryer), put some salt/pepper and wait 22 minutes at 375F. Then remove them from the fryer, wrap them in an aluminum foil for 5 minutes and you are good to go! Sometimes I put Greek souvlaki spice on the rack
French fries, chicken wings, gyoza, samosas, everything comes out perfect in a matter of minutes I can't believe we didn't get it earlier
chgoeditor, LapLap and Kgmm77 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by bwiadca
We've got Gourmia 7qt in Costco in December for $49 on sale.
It's back at Costco for $49. Picked one up yesterday.
corky likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by braslvr
We got one here in Canada for $70+tax. I assume it's the same model. I just picked one up myself. Now I just have to figure out how to use it properly.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Newbie question: We recently got a microwave that is also a convection oven. Can I use the convection oven function as if it were an air fryer? (the controls are just temperature and cooking time).
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Newbie question: We recently got a microwave that is also a convection oven. Can I use the convection oven function as if it were an air fryer? (the controls are just temperature and cooking time).
I would assume so. Air Fryer is pretty much temperature and time control. You should try first on something cheap Like french fries.

My local Costco's (3 of them) have it for $59 now.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Now on sale for $39 at my Costco! Pallets full right inside the door.
corky likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now on sale for $39 at my Costco! Pallets full right inside the door.
At mine too...for a couple weeks now. But I had already talked myself out of getting one as it would either have to sit on my coffee table or on the porch. I am a bit tight on room to say the least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.