Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
leftover pizza heats up in a few minutes

I can do it in my oven but that will take much more time and will end up with a soggy bottom.

Any frozen foodstuff (pre cooked /battered) tastes much more nicer in a airfyer.^
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I have the philips airfryer but my friend has the Tower airfyer and is very happy with it.

Its on offer at around Ł50 on amazon UK at the moment.!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tower-T1700.../dp/B0148N2U7K
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now have yet another reason to depend on our Airfryer.

I still use it every morning to make Bento for the family (cooking proteins and vegetables). Once that's done, it makes my daughter's favourite breakfast.

Pancakes take too long to fuss over in the morning. Now I just make the batter (75g flour, pinch of salt, 1 egg - mix them together then beat in 75ml milk and 55ml water gradually - enough batter for two portions; half of it is kept in the fridge for the next day), heat up the inner non-stick square pan having added just under 10g butter and two peeled and diced apples (or pears or peaches or combination) and a little sprinkle of sugar and cook at 200C for 3 minutes until the fat is very hot. Add half of the batter over the fruit and continue to cook at 200C for 15 minutes.

Result: A Yorkshire pudding packed with baked fruit and a golden crust. Goes beautifully with vanilla or plain yogurt (or ice cream).

The prep time is very quick and the cooking needs no supervision. Would never have imagined having Yorkshire pud in the morning, let alone it becoming a breakfast staple. Definitely wouldn't have started making them if I didn't have the Airfryer.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:18 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by LapLap
Now have yet another reason to depend on our Airfryer.

I still use it every morning to make Bento for the family (cooking proteins and vegetables). Once that's done, it makes my daughter's favourite breakfast.

Pancakes take too long to fuss over in the morning. Now I just make the batter (75g flour, pinch of salt, 1 egg - mix them together then beat in 75ml milk and 55ml water gradually - enough batter for two portions; half of it is kept in the fridge for the next day), heat up the inner non-stick square pan having added just under 10g butter and two peeled and diced apples (or pears or peaches or combination) and a little sprinkle of sugar and cook at 200C for 3 minutes until the fat is very hot. Add half of the batter over the fruit and continue to cook at 200C for 15 minutes.

Result: A Yorkshire pudding packed with baked fruit and a golden crust. Goes beautifully with vanilla or plain yogurt (or ice cream).

The prep time is very quick and the cooking needs no supervision. Would never have imagined having Yorkshire pud in the morning, let alone it becoming a breakfast staple. Definitely wouldn't have started making them if I didn't have the Airfryer.
That sounds delicious. I think I'l have to add this appliance to my wish list.

How is the clean up? I've been looking at the air fryer for a while and haven't bought one mainly because of horror stories on difficult clean up.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcl
That sounds delicious. I think I'l have to add this appliance to my wish list.

How is the clean up? I've been looking at the air fryer for a while and haven't bought one mainly because of horror stories on difficult clean up.
I have a dishwasher, so not an issue for me. Also, I bought the little non stick square pan that fits inside, so that takes care of the more messy projects.

I recommend the Delia Smith Yorkshire pudding for 4 recipe - except I halve the resulting batter (set aside a portion for the next day) and only use about a teaspoon or two of butter. Peaches and nectarine pieces straight from the freezer can be put in with the butter, once the butter is hot, open carefully and pour in the batter. Ready in ten minutes. Had it on Sunday with apples then Monday before school (batter was sitting in the fridge) with nectarines and some vanilla yogurt on the side.
tcl likes this.

Last edited by LapLap; Nov 28, 2017 at 2:27 am
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:24 am

Air Fryer Cookbook - Easy to Cook Delicious Air Fryer Recipes

Check out the book on amazon. Search "B076JG7HS4" in Amazon.com
This book contains proven steps and strategies on how to fry foods deliciously while using air fryer.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:24 pm

These are alright - but they are NOT AT ALL for everybody.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
At first I thought maybe this thread was about a new community called FryerTalk.
tentseller and Betty Allen like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:14 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Potatoes into french fries have worked well for us in an air fryer.

Not so good of luck frying greens of any sort; Brussels sprouts got burned, and spinach did not work well, either.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exerda
Potatoes into french fries have worked well for us in an air fryer.

Not so good of luck frying greens of any sort; Brussels sprouts got burned, and spinach did not work well, either.
Courgettes/zucchini (and green peppers) as well as thick spring onions/scallions and leeks are the only “greens” I use the air fryer for.
I tend to boil beans and broccoli whilst I’m making butternut squash and mushrooms in the air fryer.

If you want to make fried greens and spinach in the air fryer I’d suggest combining them with beaten egg and baking them in silicone cups or ramekins.

I’ve mentioned baked pineapple before, but it has become a big hit at my kid’s school. I cook long pieces at 200c for about 15minutes until dark brown and caramelised (no sugar needed) and take them to bake sales. They sell out before the cupcakes, parents buy them for themselves as well as their children. It improves lacklustre pineapple, but if you can get a good one, the air fryer makes it taste amazing.

It’s been years now, still use ours on a daily basis.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
​​​​​​...
I’ve mentioned baked pineapple before, but it has become a big hit at my kid’s school. I cook long pieces at 200c for about 15minutes until dark brown and caramelised (no sugar needed) and take them to bake sales. They sell out before the cupcakes, parents buy them for themselves as well as their children. It improves lacklustre pineapple, but if you can get a good one, the air fryer makes it taste amazing.

It’s been years now, still use ours on a daily basis.
put the caramelized pineapple an a stick and freeze it. Let me know how you like the popsicle.
LapLap likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
put the caramelized pineapple an a stick and freeze it. Let me know how you like the popsicle.
Eery! Already had that plan. Just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Eery! Already had that plan. Just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer.
And you can do what everyone and their dogs and cat is doing: dip it in chocolate!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And you can do what everyone and their dogs and cat is doing: dip it in chocolate!
On a frozen or baked frozen banana, maybe. Went through a chocolate fondue experimentation phase about 30 years ago, don’t need to repeat it. Grim memories, particularly as it coincided with the introduction of kiwi fruit to the U.K. masses.

No need to gild the lily with the pineapple; baked in the air fryer, it has already reached perfection. A completely guilt free indulgence (just like the delicious baked polenta fries)
tcl and tentseller like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick(ish) Low Carb Bread

Whilst I’m still cooking the usual way with an AirFryer, have just started making another staple.
After more than a month on a high fat low carb diet, I started missing bread. Not having something to mop up fat and grease and sauces and dressings on the plate was a bit of a downer. My starting point was something I already love, a French family favourite: pain de courgettes. And I messed about with it from there.

You do need a suitable pan (or pans/cups) for this, and I do have the Teflon coated square baking tray for the Air Fryer.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 teaspoon of chia seeds plus 5 teaspoons water
2 heaped tablespoons (generous) of ground almonds (or other nuts)
1 heaped teaspoon (very generous) of roughly ground sun flower seeds (I lightly grind them in a serrated mortar and pestle, takes a minute)
1/3 teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 small/medium courgette/zucchini - grated
About 50g/two tablespoon of “hard when cold” fats of choice - I like butter and ricotta cheese as well as a dribble of good olive oil for flavour.
1 heaped teaspoon of untoasted sesame seeds.

Step 1 - combine the chia seeds and water and let them sit. They will form a gel after a few minutes
Step 2 - grease the pan (I use butter). Then sprinkle sesame seeds on the entire base. They will toast there as well as creating a crust on the bottom that won’t stick to the pan.
Step 3 - combine the ground almonds, roughly ground sunflower seeds, baking powder and salt.
Step 4 - add the egg to the chia seed gel and beat together
Step 5 - if using butter pre-melt it and blend the fats together. Combine with the egg/chia mixture
Step 6 - add the ground nuts to the egg/chia and fats and stir to combine
Step 7 - add the courgettes and stir to combine
Step 8 - pour the mixture carefully into the greased sesame lined pan (try not to dislodge the layer of sesame seeds)
Step 9 - bake in the AirFryer at 180C (360) for 15-20 minutes. Test with toothpick - done when browned and pick comes out clean.
Remove from pan and allow to cool.

The finished bread is quite thin, but thick enough that it can be sliced in half horizontally. I then toast these halved pieces for a few more minutes just before eating for a crisper “bread”. Great with pâté and with scrambled eggs. Recipe Makes 3 to 4 portions and keeps for a couple of days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.