Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favourite Breakfasts ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Rainbow Drive-Inn.... Honolulu, HI

Nice big hunk of fried Spam, 2 eggs, and 2 scoops of rice.... $5.25.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:04 pm

I agree with those who don't like to eat right after they've woken up. I won't eat brekkie till at least two hours after I've been up and usually after a work out. My regular breakfast is either 2 hard boiled eggs, a half searving of oatmeal with a bit of cinammon sprinkled on top, or an egg white scramble (add one yolk) with all the veggies I can find in my frig topped with hot sauce, chives and maybe some feta or goat cheese.

For a treat or for when I have company I love to make Paula Deen's baked french toast with the praline topping (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...pe2/index.html) served alongside Rachael Ray's chicken sausage patties with green apples (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html). I generally don't like Rachael's recipes but this one is delicious.

But my all time favorite breakfast ever is bagels and lox...but it has to be done right. Or at least my version of right. I start with a perfectly toasted plain bagel and slather on plain cream cheese. Top with a smattering of capers and then a good amount paper thin sliced red onion, followed by the lox, a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice, a slice of beefsteak tomato about 1/2" thick, another squeeze of lemon finished off with the tiniest pinch of sea salt and a good amount of fresh cracked pepper. The order of placing everything is important so you don't have capers and other items running off the bagel. It's something about the creaminess of the cheese, the saltiness of the salmon, the freshness of the tomato, along with the bite of the capers and raw onion that makes this insanely good.

Now I'm hungry!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHC, AA, SPG, BA
The Pantry Sterling Heights Michigan

Yummy Baked German Pancake with lemon & Powdered sugar, along with bacon & hash browns.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bearcat06

What ?! No Mac Salad ?!

Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is going to sound pretty silly after all the really solid answers on this thread but here it is anyway. I had a craving for my favorite cereal from childhood last weekend and so I stopped by Kroger and got a box of Apple Jacks and a half gallon of 2% Milk. It was absolutely amazing. It tasted of nostalgia and happy childhood memories and so sickeningly sweet. I'm so glad I bought some.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:06 pm

Since you have me majorly craving Corn Pops right now, I don't think it's "silly" at all.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:16 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I doubt this will ever happen, but if any of you make it to Poughkeepsie New York, there is a beautiful little place called Julies, right near Vassar college, get the hungry harry and tell Julie that Josh sent you there...
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:38 pm

I am a fan of brunch on the weekends. For me, the quintessential brunch is some sort of eggs benedict. My favorites are eggs florentine and crab cakes benedict. I'm also a fan of miga's and the Don Juan at Juan in a Million in Austin. Pancakes at Kerby Lane in Austin are also a fav, but I never have those for breakfast, and instead always pair it with the queso for dinner (more like have the queso first and move onto the pancakes). I also have to give props to the McGriddles at McDonald's for combining the sweet with the savory.

My favorite Asian breakfast/brunch dishes are: dim sum, 燒餅油條, nasi lamak, and simple rice porridge with side dishes.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:37 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by future elite
I am a fan of brunch on the weekends. For me, the quintessential brunch is some sort of eggs benedict. My favorites are eggs florentine and crab cakes benedict. I'm also a fan of miga's and the Don Juan at Juan in a Million in Austin. Pancakes at Kerby Lane in Austin are also a fav, but I never have those for breakfast, and instead always pair it with the queso for dinner (more like have the queso first and move onto the pancakes). I also have to give props to the McGriddles at McDonald's for combining the sweet with the savory.

My favorite Asian breakfast/brunch dishes are: dim sum, 燒餅油條, nasi lamak, and simple rice porridge with side dishes.
Migas from Kirby lane are out of this world, Mama's also rocks in Houston with Migas
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by goodeats21
What ?! No Mac Salad ?!

Not that early.... At lunch...? Oh yeah.... especially down at Nico's on the Pier......
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Almost anything from JoAnne's cafe in South San Francisco, although if push comes to shove, I'd order a Santa Fe, which is their take on an Omlette with Chorizo, cheddar, tomatoes, sour cream and tomatillo salsa.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Ann Sather's cinnamon rolls.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Bearcat06

A man after my own heart... love the Rainbow Drive In
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:14 am

Generally, I don't eat breakfast, but if in Chicago, I've got to have a bagel from Jaffa Bagels in the Loop.
At home, I might have Julian's waffles, sold at Costco or Whole Foods.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DJGMaster1
Almost anything from JoAnne's cafe in South San Francisco, although if push comes to shove, I'd order a Santa Fe, which is their take on an Omlette with Chorizo, cheddar, tomatoes, sour cream and tomatillo salsa.
That sounds wonderful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.