Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Kirin Ichiban. ^
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:16 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
New Belgium Abbey Ale
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:54 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Clown Shoes Galactica (imperial IPA out of Ipswich, MA)
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Allagash Curieux
Allagash Saison
Allagash White

I kind of like their beer.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by dchristiva
These are usually quite yummy. What's the 3/14/15 variety?
a tasty ipa. they are no longer in my beer fridge
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:50 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Moo-Duck Hoppy Toad IPA
Moo-Duck Big Bru Imperial IPA
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Went out last night and tonight. Had dinner at Panama City Ale House for the first time. I couldn't read the taps from my high top and got impatient with the server's recitation instead of being presented with a beer list. Stopped him when he came to Sweetwater 420. Then off to Little Village where the keg machine was broken do drank Sweetwater IPA from the can all night. Tonight at Fishale ordered Rogue double chocolate stout and stuck with it.

There's a sixpack of Sweetwater Blue in the fridge. Summer's coming.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Went out last night and tonight. Had dinner at Panama City Ale House for the first time. I couldn't read the taps from my high top and got impatient with the server's recitation instead of being presented with a beer list. Stopped him when he came to Sweetwater 420. Then off to Little Village where the keg machine was broken do drank Sweetwater IPA from the can all night. Tonight at Fishale ordered Rogue double chocolate stout and stuck with it.

There's a sixpack of Sweetwater Blue in the fridge. Summer's coming.
A regularly updated beer list can be great. However, I've found that many places only update the beer list every week or two, so there are a few beers they no longer are serving, and some new ones not on the list.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
A regularly updated beer list can be great. However, I've found that many places only update the beer list every week or two, so there are a few beers they no longer are serving, and some new ones not on the list.
Fishale keeps the list current with the exception of any kegs that went empty that day. New kegs are printed in red and really new kegs are handwritten on the list - there are blank lines at the bottom for this. Servers also mention anything really really new when they first come to the table. Their website OTOH is months out of date and I razz the manager about this on every visit.

Last night was my mother's first time there and even though she drank wine, she loved the place and had a good time. She kept telling me how much my father would have liked it.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Fishale keeps the list current with the exception of any kegs that went empty that day. New kegs are printed in red and really new kegs are handwritten on the list - there are blank lines at the bottom for this. Servers also mention anything really really new when they first come to the table. Their website OTOH is months out of date and I razz the manager about this on every visit.

Last night was my mother's first time there and even though she drank wine, she loved the place and had a good time. She kept telling me how much my father would have liked it.
I've found most places don't keep their lists updated. We're having dinner at one such place tonight. I anticipate that the server will have to recite the beer list, because the one we'll receive won't have been updated since last week.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:43 am
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Lost Abbey 10 Commandments
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: HH Silver
After consuming a vat of Guinness on St. Patrick's Day I stocked up on Smithwick's. ^
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
After consuming a vat of Guinness on St. Patrick's Day I stocked up on Smithwick's. ^
Only a vat?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:15 am

Shiner Bock, but when in Canada... Sleeman's Cream Ale.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be drinking Blue Point's Hoptical Illusion for 3 nights running as that's the IPA tap at my local outdoor music venue and my 3 favorite local artists are performing Thu/Fri/Sat night. Drinks, music and converasation last night. Add fish tacos and flirting with the lead singer into the mix for tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.