Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:42 pm

They also make money on traffic. Maybe you guys can delete your posts.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Does anyone know if a BMO Harris ATM would work for changing the PIN on this card? The Mastercard ATM locator says it supports chip cards, and the BMO Harris website says it allows PIN Changes, so I should think it would work, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure? There's one not far from me.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Does anyone know if a BMO Harris ATM would work for changing the PIN on this card? The Mastercard ATM locator says it supports chip cards, and the BMO Harris website says it allows PIN Changes, so I should think it would work, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure? There's one not far from me.
You can't change it over the phone?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ftomasze
I think you have to tell them you want to change it, then go to a chip-enabled ATM. I was at Citibank tonight (without calling DC first) and tried the DC card. No PIN change option there either. DC must be doing something to enable the option when you call them since they themselves said that Citi should work.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftomasze
You can't just tell them over the phone, because it's an "offline" PIN (the only kind that works at many unattended kiosks in France, btw). So some way of making physical contact with the chip (and thus a chip-enabled ATM) is needed to update the PIN after you call.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
These are the traditional categories that card issuers use to encourage customers to keep the card in their wallets all the times because, for the most part, purchases are made in person. I wouldn't make any assumptions, one way or the other, about Harris Bank's knowledge of Manufactured Spending.
pretty dead on by mia! just because a popular place brings both bonus categories and prepaid issuers together, doesn't mean one should be used to get the other!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. My attempt to use the card at an ATM last night is in the pending transactions list on DC's website.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by tarakcih
I don't have a business card so I am not 100% about the details of the Ink/Office Depot etc. method but I believe the $200 card costs $5.95 and you get 1,000 points for that $6. With Diner's club, buying a $500 gift card at Kroger's gets you 1,500 points for the same $6.

Also, Alaska allows you to add a free stopover to any American Airlines international trip; so you can do things like CDG-DFW (stopover for a few months)- HNL for 20,000 miles in low season. Alaskan policy is actually better than American's old policy when it used to allow stopovers: you don't need to stop over at an International Gateway city!

Oh and last but not least you can transfer points to Choice Hotels and Best Western at a pretty decent rate. This allows you to book a hotel at the center of virtually any big city in the world (and many many small towns in the US) for a maximum of $54 with Best Western and $66 with Choice Hotels even in peak season doing the $6 per $500 gift card route at Kroger. I am perfectly fine staying at these kinds of hotels.

So, yes, I believe you are missing quite a bit
thanks
but on the hyatt front, while the grocery transaction will net 1500 points they dont transfer to hyatt at a 1:1 rate right? isnt the rate 3:1 based the wiki?

i get the alaska airlines play that makes sense just not really for hyatt i think.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
thanks
but on the hyatt front, while the grocery transaction will net 1500 points they dont transfer to hyatt at a 1:1 rate right? isnt the rate 3:1 based the wiki?

i get the alaska airlines play that makes sense just not really for hyatt i think.
No, it's 1 Diners Rewards Points to 0.6 Hyatt Gold Points so 1500 DRP would get you 900 HGP, which is 1.8 HGP per dollar.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
thanks

AS and SPG are the play.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:18 pm

I agree about Alaska and SPG, for personal reasons I will throw out IHG and say that Air Canada might have a decent Round the world option for 300k in business and 400k in first.

Since the wife and I love to cruise, this card will come in handy with the Tailored travel credit to get free cruises without having to pay an extra annual fee for the Arrival.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by tmiw
I think you have to tell them you want to change it, then go to a chip-enabled ATM. I was at Citibank tonight (without calling DC first) and tried the DC card. No PIN change option there either. DC must be doing something to enable the option when you call them since they themselves said that Citi should work.
You call them, tell them that you want to change your pin, they open that option up for 12 hours only, then you go to a Citibank ATM, enter the PIN you want, get a $20 cash advance, the pin you entered is yours now and then when you get the bill they refund the $3 Citibank ATM fee plus the $4 cash advance fee and any interest incurred as a result. That is how the PIN change process works for this card.

Originally Posted by tmiw
Interesting. My attempt to use the card at an ATM last night is in the pending transactions list on DC's website.
Your attempt will drop off from pending transactions in 2 business days.

Last edited by mia; Oct 13, 2014 at 7:33 am
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greglvnv
You call them, tell them that you want to change your pin, they open that option up for 12 hours only, then you go to a Citibank ATM, enter the PIN you want, get a $20 cash advance, the pin you entered is yours now and then when you get the bill they refund the $3 Citibank ATM fee plus the $4 cash advance fee and any interest incurred as a result. That is how the PIN change process works for this card.
This sounds like a cool loophole if you want interest-free cash advances (unless you don't pay the entire statement).
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Tried to add new Premier card to existing Professional card profile Account Management > Add/Manage Accounts, but process failed at final step.

Successfully added the Premier card to the separate Consumer website using the same UserID and Password as the existing Professional card account.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:29 pm

I scoured this thread and the diners club site. But, is the issuer that stupid to not cap 3x at drug stores/groceries, seriously? Or, am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.