Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To the NW People..We like you But

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Even so I'm continually baffled by the acceptance of the way things are in the DL FF community. You guys are the legends who organized SOS and scored a huge retreat a few years ago when DL's benefit cuts went way too far. Even then you didn't get it all back but your victory was remarkable. Still I'm baffled - when DL promised a 'best in class' and delivered what it did -where did the spirit of SOS go?
I think you missed the uproar over the new Diamond. I think DL Plat is still better than similar mileage tiers on other airlines Diamond is best in class in some areas, pedestrian in others and below industry average in some as well.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by WBurcham
I would disagree about the WC's. The food may have been a bit better but I prefer the mixed drinks AND the computers. Often leave my computer behind but I was hopeful to meet new DL/NW Scoop....
I don't know if it is systemic of the WorldClubs but I was in SEA recently where there is no old CRC but rather an old WC re-branded as a SkyClub. The agent greeting me had no access to schedules, ticketing, printing, etc. It wasn't that her computer was down, she said they have never been able to do any flight-related tasks in the club. I had to go out to the ticket counter to do that. I was floored. One of the reasons why I have a SC membership is that I can book, change, and finagle itineraries during my airport "down" time. Is SEA the rule? or the exception?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I think you missed the uproar over the new Diamond. I think DL Plat is still better than similar mileage tiers on other airlines Diamond is best in class in some areas, pedestrian in others and below industry average in some as well.
I tend to agree with your thoughtful analysis my friend with respect to what exists now. I also thought that DL-NW Gold was generally better than the other domestic legacy's related "mid-tier offerings" with 100% RDM bonus and unlimited upgrades and unlimited companion upgrades (of a variety). However, CO may have trumped all of that now. CO Golds have the aforementioned (albeit IHMO slightly better companion upgrade rules) plus CO Golds are now *Alliance Gold and entitled to free lounge access on international trips and (depending on how their rules are written) perhaps international lounges on domestic trips. IHMO, I also think DL PM was slightly weakened when CO made it so their Plats get fee free award changes which is huge IHMO (and only given to our Diamonds). In general though, as noted I agree. As with all things subjective, YMMV.

Safe Travels.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
I don't know if it is systemic of the WorldClubs but I was in SEA recently where there is no old CRC but rather an old WC re-branded as a SkyClub. The agent greeting me had no access to schedules, ticketing, printing, etc. It wasn't that her computer was down, she said they have never been able to do any flight-related tasks in the club. I had to go out to the ticket counter to do that. I was floored. One of the reasons why I have a SC membership is that I can book, change, and finagle itineraries during my airport "down" time. Is SEA the rule? or the exception?
In my only recent experience, BS... sort of. The MEM SkyClub couldn't do anything for me with respect to SDC-ing NW flights (w/DL codes & ticket #). Neither could SMS. Had to wait till got to the connecting gate 30 minutes before departure.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Yeah...it's rather annoying and one thing I can't wait for till everyone's on the same system. I tend to take DL-South metal out of MSP quite a bit, and the SC can't do much to help me - I've got SMS at my disposal, but if I need something at the airport, all the SC can do for me is hold my bags so I can go outside security to the ticket counter to see a DL-South agent...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
In my only recent experience, BS... sort of. The MEM SkyClub couldn't do anything for me with respect to SDC-ing NW flights (w/DL codes & ticket #). Neither could SMS. Had to wait till got to the connecting gate 30 minutes before departure.
Originally Posted by mersk862
Yeah...it's rather annoying and one thing I can't wait for till everyone's on the same system. I tend to take DL-South metal out of MSP quite a bit, and the SC can't do much to help me - I've got SMS at my disposal, but if I need something at the airport, all the SC can do for me is hold my bags so I can go outside security to the ticket counter to see a DL-South agent...
Okay, maybe I need to re-word my question. I can understand where an old WC would not be able to help a DL issue and vice versa at this time (pre-integration). My question is do WorldClub employees have access to the ticketing system for NW? At SEA they had no access to ANYTHING flight related whether it be NW tickets or DL tickets. I had a MEM WC agent change my seats on a NW-metal itin back in December of '08. Would he have been able to process a bump cert, an UG cert, book a new itin, search for an award seat...etc ? I never made a note of every CRC where I have done these things so I was dumfounded when the agent at the SEA SkyClub (a former WorldClub) could do nothing ticket related.... even seat changes.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Ah yes, better at everythign yet was bought out in this "merger".
Comments in the tenor of this one have been found in this forum since the merger was eminent. And you wonder why some of us NWers have felt less than welcome and a bit prickly with all the "Ha, Ha we won, use lose, go suck dust" type of comments.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Okay, maybe I need to re-word my question. I can understand where an old WC would not be able to help a DL issue and vice versa at this time (pre-integration). My question is do WorldClub employees have access to the ticketing system for NW? At SEA they had no access to ANYTHING flight related whether it be NW tickets or DL tickets. I had a MEM WC agent change my seats on a NW-metal itin back in December of '08. Would he have been able to process a bump cert, an UG cert, book a new itin, search for an award seat...etc ? I never made a note of every CRC where I have done these things so I was dumfounded when the agent at the SEA SkyClub (a former WorldClub) could do nothing ticket related.... even seat changes.
I've never tried in SEA. However, the WC agents in DTW and MSP certainly do (they have dedicated desks for this). The WC agents in some of the smaller WCs are also surprisingly amazing (mad props to DCA especially, same for HNL). So I can't speak with any authority for SEA as I never needed to make any changes there, but when I've gotten caught by IROPS or just wanted to make a change, I've always gotten great help from the WC agents, be it re-ticketing or whatever (sometimes they had to call on the phone to get help from someone higher up, but it always has been taken care of).
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I don't know who you ran into, but my experiences in ALL WorldClubs, SEA included, is VERY different than yours. The agents at all of the NW clubs I've been to have had access to reservations and have had considerable skill in altering them.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Watchful
Since you mentioned it....here is a sweet little thread from way back in 2003 - back when we WorldPerks sheep were grazing quietly in our pastures with only an occasional contented "BAA" emerging. (I started the thread, so I may be biased.)

It may bring a tear to your eye as you remember the good old days...

IS THERE VALIUM IN THE WATER HERE?
Are you trying to tell us that the NWA people have gone off their meds?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by redtailshark
As for contacting DL/NW, you may not be aware of this but - for example - I posted a five page open letter to Mr. Anderson on my concerns as an NW WP member during transition, here, and I sent it to DL HQ.
And did you receive any meaningful response?

David
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by GBadger
I don't know who you ran into, but my experiences in ALL WorldClubs, SEA included, is VERY different than yours. The agents at all of the NW clubs I've been to have had access to reservations and have had considerable skill in altering them.
I had a recent (last month) trip via MEM and the agents were able to help and had to make a phone call to get my SDC to work. Don't know if it was a NW/DL mixed metal issue or MEM DSC computer issue.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by muntz73
NWA patrons - don't forget that a very large % of DL's new management team came from NWA.
Really? Itemize them for me please. Who are the former NWers on DL's new management team, and what percentage do they now represent of the "new" management team?

I think you'll be surprised just how much of the "new" DL remains the "old" DL.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:35 pm

I browse through the different FF programs here, I don't post much.

Count me as one of the silent ones that took my business elsewhere. As most of us could if we really wanted to. I had a previously booked revenue flight in January ... that was my last paid fare on NW. This year I took 4 WBC/BE trips to Asia using miles instead of buying Z/C or upgrading Y/B NW fares.

I am saddened somewhat as I came to know a lot of NW frontline people over the years. But I have moved on. I have found 2 carriers that meet my flight needs and I have good status with both.

So once again I am getting decent fares, decent service, and straight talk when things don't go right.

As I was getting the past seven years as a NW Platinum.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:20 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Along with the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...vacuation.html thread, this thread is being closed temporarily.

In the meantime, while this thread is locked, please read the following, originally posted here:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I do not know what is the problem here. I have been a frequent flier member of a number of defunct airlines, including Pan Am, America West, Eastern Airlines and Northwest Airlines, which will cease to exist soon, and I do not recall ever acting as egregiously as a number of you have when posting to the Delta forum.

In addition to the Report Bad Posts that the Delta forum moderators receive on a daily basis, we also are constantly barraged and inundated with e-mails and private messages containing complaints from many FlyerTalk members from both the Delta and Northwest “sides” about the negative tone and lack of civility in this forum. I suppose I should follow the announcement made at the top of the forum about exacting disciplinary action on everyone who disrupts the forum, but then we would be busy constantly issuing the suspension of posting privileges to many FlyerTalk members, and what good would that do? Besides, many FlyerTalk members are threatening to leave — or have already left — the Delta forum in droves.

Can’t you all just get along? Is it really that difficult to respect each other’s opinions? Is it really worth ranting on and on and on about how bad Delta Air Lines is as compared to Northwest, or constantly defending Delta Air Lines and proclaiming over and over again what a wonderful airline it is — all at the risk of apparently ruining for many people what was an informative and fun experience in the Delta forum? Do you find it impossible to have a civil debate clearly stating your point of view and reasoning behind it? Is it that difficult to ignore content with which you do not agree? Why can’t you simply agree to disagree and move on to the topics that matter at that moment? What you post — if it conforms with the Guidelines & Rules of FlyerTalk — will remain viewable to the FlyerTalk membership as long as there is a FlyerTalk, so why continue to spread the same message over and over again in thread after thread?

Speaking for myself, I practice what I preach. When I read something about which I do not agree, I may debate about it with the other person, but I will respect that person’s opinion. Sometimes my view will change. Take this opportunity to learn from the opposing points of view. Think for a few minutes before you decide to post. You do not have to change your point of view, your mind or your argument — just please be more respectful of the experience of others when posting here at the Delta forum. Is that really too much to ask?!?

I apologize for sounding condescending, but I am ashamed at what the Delta forum has become as of late.

While this thread is locked, please use this as an opportunity to think about what I posted here, and then think about what YOU could do to help make the Delta forum a better, more informative, more valuable and fun experience for your fellow Delta forum FlyerTalk members. Putting the extra effort into doing so is not as difficult as you may think, and you may actually learn something.

Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.