Wiki Posts
Search

To the NW People..We like you But

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
To the NW People..We like you But

I will try this again, since my last post, with one response, has mysteriously disappeared. This is to all the former NW people: I am sorry that DL purchased your airline, But it did, I don't like everything DL does, but I am stuck, as many of you know with LAX-ATL ad nauseum. That means DL. I am tired every single day of hearing the complaining about all that DL does wrong. Especially from RE...., well I won't finish the name or I will get banned. DL is your airline, like it or not. We can disagree on many issues, like the one about companion upgrades that NW used to give and with which I disagreed. If the people here would read other legacy (any non-legacy) forums, you would realize that there are problems everywhere, not just at DL. But many people here don't do that, or just assume that DL is the bad guy. Kindly get over the drama, and help us all make DL a better airline to fly. How many people here have actually sent something written to DL to complain, or have just complained here? Probably most of us have sent nothing. NW is dead or almost dead, so please help us constructively make DL a better place. Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:08 pm

hey Walt, it's over here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...uation-54.html
which is probably where this one will be moved again.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
With a company of the new DL's size, there will always be lovers and haters and everybody in between. As the world's largest airline, Delta won't be everything to everyone. With the changes that are coming, there is anxiety from many different parties. NW and DL are far from perfect but people like to hang on to what was and not accept that changes, both good and bad, are going to occur as the airlines complete this merger.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA/DL plat to AA
Not too many years ago, when I was thinking about leaving one organization for another, my boss told me, "Randy, the grass isn't greener over there, it's just mowed differently." He was right. In this case, I don't think DL is "the bad guy." But, I don't like the way they decided to mow my NW grass.

I think many NW people (as well as many DL people) have offered constructive and reasonable input into making DL a better airline (in the many pages related to the 2010 program). Sadly, I'm not seeing much evidence that anyone is actually listening.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
My biggest beef post merger is how quickly discussions in the DL forum turn nasty. I never hung out over at the NW forum so I don't know the level of politeness they had. But. Since the merger, it seems like the moderaters have to get involved much more often than before. Unless the topic was children in F, children in Y, children in the CR, or (just about anywhere for that matter), we pretty much all got along.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Originally Posted by Marylou
Unless the topic was children in F, children in Y, children in the CR, or (just about anywhere for that matter), we pretty much all got along.
I didn't hear any complaining about children in the luggage compartment.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My biggest beef post merger is how quickly discussions in the DL forum turn nasty. I never hung out over at the NW forum so I don't know the level of politeness they had. But. Since the merger, it seems like the moderaters have to get involved much more often than before. Unless the topic was children in F, children in Y, children in the CR, or (just about anywhere for that matter), we pretty much all got along.
There was not all this negative talk on NW forums or being nasty; from my point of view.

I'm sure other than the debacle DL had with sLUT fares DL was the same as NW. People would post about being upset about little things, etc. and on the other side would bring up great things. I used to read AA when I originally was there and it was quite the same, bring up issues for discussion, good or bad.

Maybe NW people are feeling the pain DL people did with sLUT fares. From what I understand the DL people were quite nasty and negative. Threatening to leave or actually leaving.. very similar to what NW people are doing now,what does seem a little weird to me is DL people started savesymiles.com, etc.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Hey Walt,

I'm sick of all the DL fans and loyalists telling us to get over it, get used to it, DL bought NW, etc. Some of us are upset and we have a right to be, just as you have a right to defend anything and everything DL. Welcome to FT, where all opinions are welcome and all should be taken with a grain of salt. And where members should not be telling other members what to post and what not to post.

Pointing out what was great with NW and how DL has failed to bring that along is the very essence of trying to make DL better. With a merger, you get the wonderful opportunity to cherry pick the best of the acquired airline and leave the rest. How you cannot understand that is beyond me. And how DL has repeatedly dropped the ball in this regard is also beyond me.

If you're tired of reading it, log off FlyerTalk and go get some fresh air. Read a book. Or build a model DL airplane, whatever floats your boat. But we're here, we're opinionated, and we're not going away.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

I hope everyone here understands that I am not complaining about anyone in particular. All is I am asking, is that, prior to posting, people ask if their post contributes to a better DL. If it doesn't, why post? Slam all you want, but it doesn't help DL become better if you don't follow it up with a written (not email) to DL.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
I hope everyone here understands that I am not complaining about anyone in particular.
Uh huh...right... (emphasis added)

I am tired every single day of hearing the complaining about all that DL does wrong. Especially from RE...., well I won't finish the name or I will get banned. DL is your airline, like it or not.
All is I am asking, is that, prior to posting, people ask if their post contributes to a better DL. If it doesn't, why post? Slam all you want, but it doesn't help DL become better if you don't follow it up with a written (not email) to DL.
Don't tell me what to post and what not to post. And you have no idea if I've written into DL or not (I have) and whether I've been constructive with my comments or not (I have).

And curiously, why is email not a valid form of communication to you? Not like you work for DL or something (do you?), but they advocate using email for nearly every form of communication to the company. If it's good enough for DL, it certainly should be good enough for you.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMoose
Uh huh...right... (emphasis added)

Don't tell me what to post and what not to post. And you have no idea if I've written into DL or not (I have) and whether I've been constructive with my comments or not (I have).
Okay, I won't tell you what to post. Does that make you feel better? I hope so. Once again, to the Mods, does this make sense?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
My biggest beef post merger is how quickly discussions in the DL forum turn nasty. I never hung out over at the NW forum so I don't know the level of politeness they had.
Since you mentioned it....here is a sweet little thread from way back in 2003 - back when we WorldPerks sheep were grazing quietly in our pastures with only an occasional contented "BAA" emerging. (I started the thread, so I may be biased.)

It may bring a tear to your eye as you remember the good old days...

IS THERE VALIUM IN THE WATER HERE?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I hope everyone here understands that I am not complaining about anyone in particular. All is I am asking, is that, prior to posting, people ask if their post contributes to a better DL. If it doesn't, why post? Slam all you want, but it doesn't help DL become better if you don't follow it up with a written (not email) to DL.
Did you think about this yourself? While, I see your point- I see this thread as inflammatory at best (especially the last couple you wrote where you blatantly called out certain FTers). People have a right to be pissed and have different opinions.. as long as they stay with the T&C, I don't see a problem with it.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:57 pm

Okay, I won't tell you what to post. Does that make you feel better? I hope so. Once again, to the Mods, does this make sense?
But alas you already have told us what you want to see posted and what you don't. Read your own words.

And why are you appealing to the mods? Do you want them to step up the censorship effort?

Look, I get that you like Delta (probably quite a lot) and that criticism hurts when it's against something you like. But so long as the the discussions do not turn personal or against the terms of service, there should be no issue. If you don't like the topic or the posts, ignore them.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMoose
But alas you already have told us what you want to see posted and what you don't. Read your own words.

And why are you appealing to the mods? Do you want them to step up the censorship effort?

Look, I get that you like Delta (probably quite a lot) and that criticism hurts when it's against something you like. But so long as the the discussions do not turn personal or against the terms of service, there should be no issue. If you don't like the topic or the posts, ignore them.
No, no need for the Mods. Seriously, though, I don't care if you absolutely hate DL. I am stuck with DL. I don't care what you post. But seriously, if you hate DL do much, why not fly another airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.