Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This discussion is unique on FlyerTalk in that it allows members who visit the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum to publicly comment on the decisions and actions of its moderators — even though Rule 18 on FlyerTalk specifically prohibits doing this:

Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].
The moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have learned a lot from your input through this discussion; and it has also served to resolve issues over the years — often in a humorous manner.

Despite the existence of this discussion, the moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles still request that you first address any questions or concerns pertaining to the decisions and actions of the moderators via private communications before posting them publicly, as most issues can usually be resolved this way. Please use this discussion sparingly and only when necessary.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie, obscure2k and ryandc99
Co-moderators, Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum
Print Wikipost

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Only if it includes free drinks, Honey Roasted Peanuts, Biscoff Cookies, CTS, and WiFi. And the moderators need to be the nice women sitting at the desk who can rebook us and get us free upgrades.

Hold on, this is the Delta forum we are talking about. No free wi-fi allowed. Oh, I guess you didn't say free. So, I guess a T-Mobile account would be in order.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
[QUOTE=Canarsie]
What do you think of the name The Delta Forum Lounge?

I love it! It's even better than the water cooler, which, now that I think about it, does conjure up those 9-5 type of jobs which I am thinking, not many of us have.

We can always count on you, Canarsie, to come up with something totally unique and fitting.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
So, I guess a T-Mobile account would be in order.
Don't start me!
Old Aug 23, 2005, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by indufan
Hold on, this is the Delta forum we are talking about. No free wi-fi allowed. Oh, I guess you didn't say free. So, I guess a T-Mobile account would be in order.
My daughter has been flying through ATL a lot lately, I told her about the free WiFi at the CO presidents club in the D terminal... so she goes and sits near there during her layovers...

(shhhh, don't mention this to anyone from CO!)
Old Aug 23, 2005, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
???

Question: Has this thread become the replacement for the Cholula Spam Thread? It appears to have everything that caused the Cholula Spam Thread to be transferred to the OMNI forums (off topic posts, nothing to do with DL, post padding etc) Just a question.....
Old Aug 23, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
Just a question.....
Trouble maker!!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by socrates
Question: Has this thread become the replacement for the Cholula Spam Thread? It appears to have everything that caused the Cholula Spam Thread to be transferred to the OMNI forums (off topic posts, nothing to do with DL, post padding etc) Just a question.....
No, but that is an excellent question — one that cannot be answered without first delving into a little history pertaining to this thread.

This thread started as a complaint about too much moderation in the Delta forum. Keep in mind that it first started not long after the Delta forum was first assigned four moderators (which was unpopular at the time, to say the least), and not long after Delta Air Lines announced their sudden short-notice changes in the SkyMiles program, from which Delta forum FlyerTalk members became so irate that the most recent iteration of the Save Sky Miles movement was launched.

The tension in this thread — and in the Delta forum in general — was quite obvious. To relieve the tension, which seemed to increase with each passing day, humor was used. Things indeed eventually calmed down. The discussion in this thread then turned towards other humorous topics, including smoked fish (???) for some reason. The bottom line is that the moderators listened to what the Delta forum FlyerTalk members had to say, and the Delta forum FlyerTalk members began to become comfortable for the most part with the concept of moderators. Ever since then, the Delta forum moderators have had a unique history of listening to what Delta forum FlyerTalk members had to say. Usually, as a result, they accommodated them accordingly. I say “they” because I was not a moderator at that time. I became a moderator in July 2004, long after this thread was launched.

What I am attempting to do here is nothing groundbreaking. You can thank obscure2k, Rssrsvp, gleff and bdschobel for the groundbreaking part. As a replacement moderator for bdschobel, who graciously relinquished his moderator position in the Delta forum to become a moderator in the Marriott forum, I am merely attempting to uphold the tradition.

I encourage all Delta forum FlyerTalk members to read through this entire thread. Don’t be surprised if you see similarities in this thread to the early portions of the Unabashed Cholula Spam thread. Even the original title of this thread harkens the beginnings of the Unabashed Cholula Spam thread!

So, in answer to your question, socrates, while there may be similarities to the Unabashed Cholula Spam thread during its first year of existence, we are still discussing an issue that arose as a result of moderation of the Delta forum and therefore remaining on topic.

I would like to add that while some of the discussion in this thread may be humorous, I am proud to say that most FlyerTalk members contributing to this thread are patiently arguing excellent points in a civil discourse pertaining to the matter of the creation of an unusual new thread.

Even before I was assigned the job as one of the co-moderators of the Delta forum, I held this thread as a testament of the fact that we can discuss the moderation of the Delta forum in a civil manner. I still do to this day.

------------------------------

Now for a little fun for those who are relatively new to the Delta forum:

Name the four original moderators of the Delta forum.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie

I know, I know!!
But I won't answer and will let some of the newer folks figure it out.
Clue: Only two of the current moderators are originals.....
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Leo Mullin, Gerald Grinstein, C.E. Woolman, and the UIG
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Larry, Moe, Curly and Shemp.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)

Last edited by Traveller; Sep 10, 2005 at 6:38 pm Reason: just because
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Traveller
These 4???
No.

----------------------------------

If the vBulletin bulletin board software that powers FlyerTalk had an “Ignore Thread” feature for those FlyerTalk members who do not want to know that the thread existed, the launching of the proposed new thread would be a non-issue.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller
These 4???.....obscure2k, Rssrsvp, gleff and bdschobel

Traveller....you've gotta do a little detective work here. This isn't going to be handed to you on a silver platter.
My clue was that only two of the current four DL mods are originals. The list above shows three of the current DL mods.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....wrongo.
Next??
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)

Last edited by Traveller; Sep 10, 2005 at 6:38 pm
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Instead of Delta Forum Lounge, can we mix some forum history with a Delta staple and call it the CRC -- Cholula Room Club?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.