Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta's $98 response: detained by the DHS/FBI on a DL MR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's $98 response: detained by the DHS/FBI on a DL MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: NWA - Plat...Hilton - Diamond
please don't get this thread locked as well. the reason the OP had to start it was that the last one got locked. i'm just hoping for an update.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
seems to me like the bottom line looks something like this:

1) was delta responsible for getting the passenger pulled from the flight in the first place? if so, for what reason? how is a person who flies circuitously "suspicious" in the sense that it would require involving the federal government? or was this done to harrass someone who was engaging in behavior that the company did not like?

2) regardless of 1, did, in fact, a representative for delta promise to take care of reaccommodating the passenger?

3) regardless of 1 and 2, lawyers, what about the taking involved here? if government agent can approach someone as they literally board an aircraft and effectively cause them to lose their property without warrant, without reasonable suspicion, etc., is there a potentialclaim against the u.s. government?
Old Aug 19, 2007, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by inyourvillages
seems to me like the bottom line looks something like this:

1) was delta responsible for getting the passenger pulled from the flight in the first place? if so, for what reason? how is a person who flies circuitously "suspicious" in the sense that it would require involving the federal government? or was this done to harrass someone who was engaging in behavior that the company did not like?

2) regardless of 1, did, in fact, a representative for delta promise to take care of reaccommodating the passenger?

3) regardless of 1 and 2, lawyers, what about the taking involved here? if government agent can approach someone as they literally board an aircraft and effectively cause them to lose their property without warrant, without reasonable suspicion, etc., is there a potentialclaim against the u.s. government?
Thank you!!!! Great summary of the key issues!
Old Aug 19, 2007, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Thank you!!!! Great summary of the key issues!
Hey! We agree!
Old Aug 19, 2007, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by vasantn
Hey! We agree!
I always knew we would agree on the issues - it's the underlying "facts" that there seems to be some dispute over
Old Aug 19, 2007, 5:59 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
..... talk about painting with a broad brush on the wrong surface.

The phrase quod est absurdum speaks to that attempt to smear by false association.
I'm just saying everyone is SO QUICK to blame "Big Brother" (In this case big brother is Delta) because you don't know the whole story. Sure maybe DL should have flown him home, but were they obligated? NO - he missed his flight.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I think jfulcher is missing a comma. If you read what s/he said as:

it becomes more reasonable. In other words s/he is trying to compare those accusing Delta of some secret conspiracy to deny the OP his/her mileage run to those who try to accuse the US government of some secret conspiracy to cause the incidents of terrorism that occurred in the US on 11 September 2001.

I'm sure jfulcher wasn't attempting to associate the OP or Delta airlines with the incidents of terrorism that occurred in the US on 11 September 2001.
Exactly! Thanks for interperting my lazy typing..
Old Aug 19, 2007, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by craz
According to the OP both the Feds and the GA of DL told him he would be reaccommadated and taken care of.

Well to me a GA is an offical DL rep, now if the OP was able to get them to put such a note onto his record I dont know, otherwise it could be a He Said/She Said deal.

I guess you feel that if Youre booted out of a Full Fare 1st Class seat by an FAM, that DL doesnt owe you any refund, after all the Feds forced them to boot you since you were the one sitting in the seat they sit in. So DL should refuse to refund you any of the $$ you spent for that 1st class seat and having to fly in Coach, while if you want a refund it should be only by suing the Govt for the difference in $$.

Something tells me you wouldnt be agreeing to that so quickly
Again that's what he SAYS happened. After reading these lasts posts - I guess he never did say it happened did he?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.