Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

"Flying Colors" Identity Theme Going Away? Upcoming New Livery...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Flying Colors" Identity Theme Going Away? Upcoming New Livery...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:58 pm

Thumbs up

i quite like the plane. very sharp.

the signage...i think it'll grow on me. purtists will prolly hate it.

but i likey.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by SNAf/a
i quite like the plane. very sharp.

the signage...i think it'll grow on me. purtists will prolly hate it.

but i likey.
Would have much rather seen the widget in shades of blue than red. Just too NW'ish
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:14 pm

It's butt ugly, IMO.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
It's butt ugly, IMO.
LOL...ok I was trying to be nice, but yeah, what ComAir said!!!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah, I think DL does re-branding new livery. I am really like it a lot. I can't wait to come out from paint shop. I know what is mostly best time for DL is repainted all DL aircraft to became a new livery but, I can't tell you why it is good possibility more entire time from DL. Let's do it after DL is emerge from bankruptcy in end of April. I surely hope DL will keep owe money but, don't let losing the money.

Last edited by N830MH; Apr 6, 2007 at 6:28 pm
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:53 pm

That did'nt last too long. Delta must have voiced their concern, those pictures are now pulled.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 6:01 pm

yoink!

(and i feel like a dork...i didn't realize it was a li'l model...)

Last edited by SNAf/a; Apr 6, 2007 at 8:28 pm
Old Apr 6, 2007, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The pictures are gone! Another case of premature evacuation! Anyone have it stored somehow to show the rest of us?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...in/3346039/#27

Reply 27
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:10 pm

Exclamation

holy moley, those people are PISSED!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
The next time I am sitting in DL first and holding a plastic cup in my hand as if I'm at a frat party, I'll think to myself, "Well, at least they have new livery, it's just that I can't see it from where I'm sitting."
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Originally Posted by ConcordeBoy
...I don't know why this is bothering me so much, but it seems few-to-none here seem to be aware of the livery's actual name: Colors In Motion.

That said, whatever iteration of the Widget they bring back, pleeeeaaaase take a page from UA's advertisement success and bring back; and keep Adiemus as DL's official theme song!!!
Yes great song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzqqRVQqzk
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

You know what?

As critical as I am, I actually like the look of the new livery at first glance on the tail, anyway.

The sideways widget is actually pointing in the direction in which an airplane or an aircraft of Delta Air Lines would take off.

Get it?!?

Unfortunately, on one side of the tail, it points in a similar direction as the small triangle points in the Northwest Airlines logo device.

I never was crazy about the current Delta Air Lines logotype. It is a bold version of a cross between the ITC Cheltenham and New Century Schoolbook typefaces, yet with thick Bodoni-like serifs. My first impression of it was that it was very uninspiring or, dare I say, boring and that opinion never changed.

To me, the split burgundy-ish red Delta device is reminiscent of when Apple Computer removed its trademark rainbow colors from its device to a solid color usually, white but sometimes blue, sometimes gray. The Apple device is clean and bold. Apple Computer never looked back. Now, when I see the old rainbow Apple, it looks dated.

Also, Apple Computer changed their logotype from a dated 1970s-style font called Motter Tektura to their own version of ITC Garamond Condensed to a crisp, modern-style typeface which one can view at www.apple.com.

I do not particularly care for the look of the new sans-serif Delta logotype, but it certainly is better than the current one, in my opinion.

It appears to me that Delta Air Lines is attempting to emulate Apple Computer, aiming for a similar revitalization that Apple Computer went through. The new look imparts to me that their market is mid- to high-end when compared to the competition similar to the success of Apple Computer today. Remember, like Delta Air Lines, Apple Computer almost faced extinction at one time.

Overall, although I think it could use some improvement, I think it works. Ill also speculate that I could have done the job with similar or better results at far less cost to Delta Air Lines than what this design refresh must have cost them.
Originally Posted by mike_plat
The next time I am sitting in DL first and holding a plastic cup in my hand as if I'm at a frat party, I'll think to myself, "Well, at least they have new livery, it's just that I can't see it from where I'm sitting."
I will bet that the new logo device will appear in full color on the napkin served with your drink on-board the aircraft, as well as in Sky magazine, on the in-flight entertainment, on the name tag of every flight attendant and pilot, and on your safety card in the seat pocket in front of you, amongst other places aboard the aircraft.
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Another case of premature evacuation!
You do not think that I would let that one get by me, do you?!?

You are such a troublemaker, RobertS975 and you and I have posted to the Delta forum long enough for you to know that that is definitely not a personal attack!

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 6, 2007 at 8:13 pm
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:59 pm

(A very disappointing) spy photo found HERE, in post #6.

It's authenticity cannot be verified, but if it's legit: then MAN is that a letdown!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
WOW If that is it, Im very sad. The widget looks weird on its side and everything else looks so bland. Looks more like a low-budget charter carrier than a major world player like Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.