Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by hockeystl
My HNL-MSP flight departed from (I believe) gate 25 where there was no signage present to indicate the location of the SC. I asked a DL GA who directed me "behind the Starbucks". Once here I took an elevator down and was again uncertain where to go due to poor signage. I ended up walking to the far end of the garden area and ran into the SC almost by accident. Either my vision is going or this signage issue needs some attention.
Its fairly hard to find and get back to the terminal from. I almost missed my first fight ever a few months ago because of it. Theres two different ways to get to it and of course i found the long way
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by CDKing
Its fairly hard to find and get back to the terminal from. I almost missed my first fight ever a few months ago because of it. Theres two different ways to get to it and of course i found the long way
I forgot to mention my exit from the SC...

I, too, had the same issue as you. The elevator directly outside the SC is currently DOA so I took the stairs up. From here, there's no signage noting the location of DL gates and I also initially walked the wrong way.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by CDKing
My HNL-MSP flight departed from (I believe) gate 25 where there was no signage present to indicate the location of the SC. I asked a DL GA who directed me "behind the Starbucks". Once here I took an elevator down and was again uncertain where to go due to poor signage. I ended up walking to the far end of the garden area and ran into the SC almost by accident. Either my vision is going or this signage issue needs some attention.
Remember- when leaving the club, turn right. Walk along the garden and terminal until it bends. There should be stairs there- walk on up to the terminal.

Those elevators seem to break down 50% of the time (and are kinda out-of-the-way when heading to/from the gates)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Just visited the skyclub again on Sunday. The snacks were great- they had the full assortment out including real cheese as well as a REAL coffee machine that makes all kinds of fancy coffees. (Like the one at the ATL airport Hilton executive lounge for those of you who just attended the DO).

The glass enclosed elevator is right next to the stair described above. I usually take it, but it is always HOT like a greenhouse. I can't help but wonder what it would be like to be trapped in that elevator. The location is much less ideal than the NW skyclub, but that club was one of the absoloute worst in the system. This one is much more relaxing modern decor with lots of different seating areas, tables, etc. It is definitely worth the walk.

The small size means that they REALLY enforce rules. Toddler Cellisttoo and I were on the ATL flight and Husband Cellisttoo was on the MSP flight. I had checked us all in. When I got up to leave, the desk dragon told me that my husband would have to leave as well. I informed them that he has a lifetime membership and they promptly (and nicely) backed down.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Just visited the skyclub again on Sunday. The snacks were great- they had the full assortment out including real cheese as well as a REAL coffee machine that makes all kinds of fancy coffees. (Like the one at the ATL airport Hilton executive lounge for those of you who just attended the DO)..
Sorry to report, the ATL Hilton coffee machine is not real coffee. It is liquid concentrated. I know, I saw the attendant refill it.

MO
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Just returned from a trip to HNL which included a 90 minute visit to the SC.

I was there the early part of October and had no trouble finding the SC. There are signs (not hanging from above) but more at eye level (like the different signs you would find checking in). Down the stairs and follow the signs. If you go down stairs, you must go up stairs to get back to the gate.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
HNL SC is about to become easier to find.

For those of you who remember the "tour de clubs" before the DC-10 retirement DO in 2007, and especially for those of you who thought the Continental President's Club was a better space than the Northwest WorldClub...

I heard from HNL SC staff earlier today that with the CO/UA merger, the CO and UA clubs will also merge, in the UA club location (Diamond Head concourse). That will free up the CO space to be remodeled for DL this winter, and once the construction is done, the SC will move in where the CO PC is now.

DL ops will also move in behind there, and the former NW WC will be part of their office space. DL check-in will eventually move down to right behind that stuff landside.

The club move might happen as soon as sometime in January! Check-in will take longer to move.

And since DL won't totally close the SC, the liquor license won't go away, and they won't have any trouble moving it to the new location.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by DanTravels
For those of you who remember the "tour de clubs" before the DC-10 retirement DO in 2007, and especially for those of you who thought the Continental President's Club was a better space than the Northwest WorldClub...

I heard from HNL SC staff earlier today that with the CO/UA merger, the CO and UA clubs will also merge, in the UA club location (Diamond Head concourse). That will free up the CO space to be remodeled for DL this winter, and once the construction is done, the SC will move in where the CO PC is now.

DL ops will also move in behind there, and the former NW WC will be part of their office space. DL check-in will eventually move down to right behind that stuff landside.

The club move might happen as soon as sometime in January! Check-in will take longer to move.

And since DL won't totally close the SC, the liquor license won't go away, and they won't have any trouble moving it to the new location.
Woah

Thanks for the update ^

The COPC room is 'nice' but no windows IIRC and possibly a bit small (went there in 09 while I could as an AS BR member )

Now if they could tear down the wall and use both spaces that'd be cool... Plus add showers ^
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]

The moving of the club is great news--no more elevator to take. But the moving of the check-in location, I'm not so keen on. That's moving UA/CO and DL into right about the same area, meaning that the closest check-point (which has a body scanner, might I add) will have UA/CO/DL flyers trying to get through.

Although one could just as easily walk to another checkpoint.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slippahs
The moving of the club is great news--no more elevator to take. But the moving of the check-in location, I'm not so keen on. That's moving UA/CO and DL into right about the same area, meaning that the closest check-point (which has a body scanner, might I add) will have UA/CO/DL flyers trying to get through.

Eh... kinda maybe. Right now "Lobby 7" is AA and CO, and "Lobby 8" is UA. Look like CO will move to "Lobby 8" and DL will move down from "Lobby 4" (which it shares with a gazillion foreign carriers?) to be next to AA in "Lobby 7" - which the SC staff seemed to feel was where NW had been before, or something.

Whether "Lobby 7" and "Lobby 8" dump into the same checkpoint, I dunno.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:45 pm

Eh... kinda maybe. Right now "Lobby 7" is AA and CO, and "Lobby 8" is UA. Look like CO will move to "Lobby 8" and DL will move down from "Lobby 4" (which it shares with a gazillion foreign carriers?) to be next to AA in "Lobby 7" - which the SC staff seemed to feel was where NW had been before, or something.

Hmm... So AS will be moving too? (IIRC DL handles AS flights in HNL- although Chelsea caters )
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa

Hmm... So AS will be moving too? (IIRC DL handles AS flights in HNL- although Chelsea caters )
Good question - I dunno.

BTW, I like the big jar of pretzel rods, which I don't recall the SC having in August. Reminds me of going to the barber as a kid - they had a jar of 'em too.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If Dl takes over the same area as NW, yes they will dump into the same C/P unless people know to walk 'ewa. But most don't.

That particular C/P was a mess yesterday, fwiw. The nude-o-scope is causing awful delays.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:00 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If Dl takes over the same area as NW, yes they will dump into the same C/P unless people know to walk 'ewa. But most don't.

That particular C/P was a mess yesterday, fwiw. The nude-o-scope is causing awful delays.
Great... More of them?

Cool to hear @ pretzel rods... But won't be goin thru HNL in a while (KOA-OAK/SJC/PDX/SEA on AS works well )
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"January" turns out to have been optimistic.

Knowing how long DL is taking on, say, the PHL SC, I really shouldn't be surprised... I went through HNL yesterday and the staff said that the whole thing of them moving to the old CO PC space "maybe as early as January" was just the usual overly-optimistic chain of command, and March would be more likely/realistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.