Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:54 pm

You can't access the KE lounge with a SC membership. You have to be ST Elite Plus or traveling in an international premium class on a ST carrier.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MachOne
That would indicate the KE lounge might be a good bet if one were booked on the 9am or 2pm DL HNL-LAX flights. ??

MO
Right, but not on the 4pm to ATL or any later flights, as by then it is closed.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:19 pm

In June I'm on an international Business-Flight HNL-LAX-CDG with Air France.
Can I use the Delta-Lounge in Honolulu?
In LAX I will have a Layover, so my flight to Paris is not on the same day like my arival from HNL. But all flights are on the same ticket and there is no 24h+ Stoppover.

Last edited by Kölner; Mar 10, 2012 at 7:05 am
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Kölner
In June I'm on an international Business-Flight HNL-LAX-CDG with Air France.
Can I use the Delta-Lounge in Honolulu?
In LAX I will have a Layover, so my flight to Paris is not on the same day like my arival from HNL. But all flights are on the sam tickets and there is no 24h+ Stoppover.
Yes, as long as you are flying in business class OR have SkyTeam Elite+ status. You just may need to show your itineary, if you don't have your LAX-CDG boarding pass ready.

The HNL-LAX flight is DL anyway (even if AF codeshare).
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:48 pm

Thank you for your answer. In the Flying Blue-community they said, I would get problems to enter the lounge in HNL because the connection flight from LAX to CDG is not an the same day.

PS: I know that the flight HNL-LAX is with Delta Airlines and I have no Status.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
HNL lounge is nice but it does feel like a bunker as it is located on the lower level and has only a few windows in the front portion.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:34 pm

I have a 15 hour layover in HNL, on a BKK-SFO international flight. I understand that I have to clear immi & customs with my bags and check back in to continue on to SFO. I arrive at 0800 and depart at 2210. I want to dump my bags somewhere so that I can stroll around HNL a bit. ill Delta let me recheck my bags early (waaay early) or can the Sky Club mind them for me? Thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Peab0dy
I have a 15 hour layover in HNL, on a BKK-SFO international flight. I understand that I have to clear immi & customs with my bags and check back in to continue on to SFO. I arrive at 0800 and depart at 2210. I want to dump my bags somewhere so that I can stroll around HNL a bit. ill Delta let me recheck my bags early (waaay early) or can the Sky Club mind them for me? Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what DL's current bag policy in HNL is. However, I can tell you that the SC is post-security, so it won't fly to put something in there. Even if it wasn't, I seriously doubt they'd assume any responsibility for something left in the club.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:54 am

Thanks for the quick response.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

It may not be secured or endorsed, but the club does have a luggage area that one could leave carryon luggage at. Not sure what would happen over 18 hours though-if the lounge folks would raise a ruckus. Do watch the hours too as the lounge closes early some nights Would not be fun to have the luggage stuck in the lounge after it closes
Old May 29, 2012, 3:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
I had this same problem and was told that they would only allow check-in 8 hours in advance. I ended up using some Marriott points at the hotel in Waikiki and left my bags in the room and wandered around. It actually worked out well as it also allowed me to get a shower in before I had to head back to the airport.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Peab0dy
Does the carrier you fly BKK to HNL have an interline agreement with DL?

If so- you can probably check your bags through to SFO from BKK as your layover is under 24 hours on an international itinerary. Then you don't have to worry about them just drop off the bags at DL after you clear HNL Customs & Immigration.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:02 am

Thanks for the tip, beckoa. Jeez- 25,000+ posts in 5.5 years? When do you have time to fly?
Old May 29, 2012, 5:07 am

@becks 2nd post: I'm actually flying DL all the way. What you suggested is what I want to do, but I heard some talk about sometimes they won't accept bags until 4 hours before the flight.

I've also now heard of some service that will come get your bags and hold them until a certain time. Gotta get more info.

Checking through would be the best solution, if they'll let me do it. Thanks again.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I'm not sure what DL's current bag policy in HNL is. However, I can tell you that the SC is post-security, so it won't fly to put something in there. Even if it wasn't, I seriously doubt they'd assume any responsibility for something left in the club.
My experience is pre-merger, but the old NW WorldClub was willing to let you stash carry-ons on the luggage shelves while leaving the airport for an L&L bbq visit. They even had some hand drawn maps with directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.