Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
I spoke to one of the HNL SkyClub Employees and they confirm it is going to be quite some time. The same employee says that as of 10/24, access to the Presidents club at HNL will cease for SkyClub members.

Apparently there is 'fine print" to the 1/31/10 extension which says the access to PC will continue through 1/31/10 in airports where there is not a SC. Since there is SC at HNL, no access to the PC after 10/24/09.

MO
Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MachOne
I spoke to one of the HNL SkyClub Employees and they confirm it is going to be quite some time. The same employee says that as of 10/24, access to the Presidents club at HNL will cease for SkyClub members.

Apparently there is 'fine print" to the 1/31/10 extension which says the access to PC will continue through 1/31/10 in airports where there is not a SC. Since there is SC at HNL, no access to the PC after 10/24/09.

MO
there is NO agreement for access past 10/24 but CO has stated they WILL give access through to 01/31/10...this is there attempt to grab PAX from DL
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by socrates
there is NO agreement for access past 10/24 but CO has stated they WILL give access through to 01/31/10...this is there attempt to grab PAX from DL
Great news on this. I was wondering what happened to the booze last month in HNL when I was there at 10am. I thought it was an attempt at making passengers look respectable by not giving out liquor before noon. My solution was a trip to the CO lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SC, Marriott Plat
Related question. Where is the current Delta Sky Club. Down in the garden where the CRC was or up in the old WC room? I think I have seen both of these on various posts over the last few months. I will be in HNL in December, so I hope the PC rumors are true.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:03 pm

Related to the Sky Clubs - Who, in Delta, is in charge of the Sky Clubs? Is there a point of contact for questions, suggestions, etc rather than just a generic Delta email? Just was curious if there was someone/group who actually took/had ownership of the Sky Clubs?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by milesho
Related question. Where is the current Delta Sky Club. Down in the garden where the CRC was or up in the old WC room? I think I have seen both of these on various posts over the last few months. I will be in HNL in December, so I hope the PC rumors are true.
Down in the garden.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by milesho
Related question. Where is the current Delta Sky Club. Down in the garden where the CRC was or up in the old WC room?
Yep, the signs describe it as "under Gate 23" ... It seems like a really small place compared to the old WC and present PC.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by djm3
Yep, the signs describe it as "under Gate 23" ... It seems like a really small place compared to the old WC and present PC.
the good thing is the PC will continue to accept our WC cards until 31JAN
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thumbs down

DL customer service suggested I contact Honolulu liquor commission for update on DL HNL SkyClub liquor license. Therefore, I contacted Honolulu liquor commission and was advised that DL has NOT yet submitted a completed application for a new liquor license. Once an application is properly filed, it will take approximately 3-4 MONTHS before a new liquor license is issued.

DL.com continues to advertise that HNL SkyClub has complimentary bar yet we all know this to be false since this club doesn't even have a liquor license.

What's the real delay in DL not submitting a completed liquor license application? Can't blame the state for this delay as seems they're waiting on DL.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
Still no liquor as of Nov 1. Sure do miss seeing Katie, Cindy, Melva, Dondra and Charlyn also. Club was very crowded @4:30 PM, flights to MSP and ATL at around 6 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by NewMexFlyer
Still no liquor as of Nov 1. Sure do miss seeing Katie, Cindy, Melva, Dondra and Charlyn also. Club was very crowded @4:30 PM, flights to MSP and ATL at around 6 PM.

Forgot about that...

Will be there Jan 15th... and will visit upon arrival of NW's morning flight ex SEA... friend will want
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
A few weeks ago DL customer service suggested I contact Honolulu liquor commission for update on DL HNL SkyClub liquor license. Therefore, I contacted Honolulu liquor commission and was advised that DL has NOT yet submitted a completed application for a new liquor license. Once an application is properly filed, it will take approximately 3-4 MONTHS before a new liquor license is issued.

Delta.com was recently updated to show HNL SkyClub with NO "bar service".

At least HNL club has great "NW" agents...but yes I do miss the former "DL" CR staff who had to transfer out when DL closed HNL CR in 2008.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by surfport
A few weeks ago DL customer service suggested I contact Honolulu liquor commission for update on DL HNL SkyClub liquor license. Therefore, I contacted Honolulu liquor commission and was advised that DL has NOT yet submitted a completed application for a new liquor license. Once an application is properly filed, it will take approximately 3-4 MONTHS before a new liquor license is issued.

Delta.com was recently updated to show HNL SkyClub with NO "bar service".

At least HNL club has great "NW" agents...but yes I do miss the former "DL" CR staff who had to transfer out when DL closed HNL CR in 2008.
What can we do to help 'facilitate' this process?

It seemed like DL did not want to fork over the $$$ for it for a partial year... is that how they are run (based on calendar year?) or are they just that 'frugal' of an airline
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by beckoa
What can we do to help 'facilitate' this process?

It seemed like DL did not want to fork over the $$$ for it for a partial year... is that how they are run (based on calendar year?) or are they just that 'frugal' of an airline
Can we start a FT petition to bring back a liquor license to the HNL SC?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
December 14 update.

Still no liquor license....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.