Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 9:21 am

New location is better

Wife and I recently returned from trip to HNL.

Upon arrival at HNL we visited the WC and found it to be very disappointing in the middle afternoon as it was quite full due to the pending outbound to NRT or some other destination in the far east. The A/C was not working well as we sat there and perspired. Nice open bar but found it out that the ice machine vented into the room thus that probably explains the high temps.

The staff was excellent so no complaints there.

A week later upon our trip home transiting HNL to our ultimate destination of ATL, we went looking for the club only to find the sign saying club closed and moved to the new location in the garden level. We finally found it and were warmly welcomed into a nice cool room. Got checked in smoothly even though it was their first day so some technical folks were at the desk helping to solve minor glitches with the computers the check-in agents use to scan boarding passes, etc.

Sat down and realized no liquor license. Since we had about 3 hours until our departing flight and being fully aware of the CO Club, we decided to move over to it so that we could enjoy a few drinks before boarding. Plus, the CO club was very close to our departure gate 12. CO was quite nice in welcoming us even though the sky club was opened. The CO Bartender was shocked to hear the Sky Club did not have a liquor license and I told him to expect quite a few DL pax until that gets resolved. He just laughed. We were there on 7/30 so it's shocking to hear the liquor license is still an open issue. Must be quite frustrating for pax who are unaware of this situation.

Makes one wonder why DL moved the club without this paperwork being in place. Wonder if the airport made them move by a certain date.

Anyway, the new location is quite nice and reflects the new branding. Should be nice one you can get a drink there.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Will be in HNL the 13 & 14th this month... Is 7 days enough to get a liquor License, or is the concensus stay with the CO PC?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Sounds like a trade up!
Definitely, the old CRC was the nicest of the three Skyteam lounges at HNL.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Unhappy

As of Thursday, August 13, 2009, still no liquor license at Delta's "relocated" (Garden level) SkyClub at HNL.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Glad to hear they're back in the garden location -- much nicer than the WC location (and with a restroom to boot!). When both were still open, I'd only go to the WC if I needed assistance with seating, BPs, etc. Then I'd go down to the CRC and enjoy the nicer surroundings....

When they get the liquor license straightened out, I hope they go back to serving the local brews from the Kona Brewing Company. Never have been fond of the generic choices (Heinekin?) served at the HNL WC.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Definitely, the old CRC was the nicest of the three Skyteam lounges at HNL.
Agreed and the staff was some of the nicest folks in the system.

I'm very pleased the CRC is open again. Even when I'm on AA, I prefer the CRC due its proximity to the AA and DL gates, as well as its (hopefully soon to be restored) liquor selection and self-serve bar.

Anyone going to be there on Aug 17th or 21st?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Is that you, Andy Bernard (the Nard Dog)?

Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
(and with a restroom to boot!).
How much are you planning on drinking???

Old Aug 13, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Spiff
Agreed and the staff was some of the nicest folks in the system.

I'm very pleased the CRC is open again. Even when I'm on AA, I prefer the CRC due its proximity to the AA and DL gates, as well as its (hopefully soon to be restored) liquor selection and self-serve bar.

Anyone going to be there on Aug 17th or 21st?
Almost, but not quite. Already in HNL for work and going home on 22AUG.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Chillin' in the HNL SC right now

Nice looking club, decent decor, food options... well representative of the DL SC options but they do have the coffee machine that I assume was in the NW WC before ^

Still smells a little musky inside, they have been trying to get rid of the odor... but to no avail yet

And alas no liquor license yet... working on getting it back - hopefully by September or so...

And the best plus... my AS flight is departing from 23, nearly directly above!

So very happy to stop in and have a visit ^^

(Oh, and yes, the agents are very kind and polite )
Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Unhappy

Unfortunately still no liquor license in Delta's HNL SkyClub (garden area). I was told liquor license has been delayed more than anticipated and liquor license is not expected for awhile. At least club still has fantastic agents.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, DL MM
Oct 4th update.

Still no liquor license.

Typing this from the HNL CO President's Club. I usually used the WC in my previous Hawaii trips. Visited the Skyclub just now for the 1st time.

Not impressed, especially considering the size of the place (the liquor license notwithsatnding) and the sheer number of DL/NW widebodies that transit here.

Seems woefully under-served.

-K
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Kaeokai
Oct 4th update.

Still no liquor license.

Typing this from the HNL CO President's Club. I usually used the WC in my previous Hawaii trips. Visited the Skyclub just now for the 1st time.

Not impressed, especially considering the size of the place (the liquor license notwithsatnding) and the sheer number of DL/NW widebodies that transit here.

Seems woefully under-served.

-K
Still none in Oct?

I know they were having some issues legally trying to reestablish it, but it seems they are possibly being rather frugal as well... so they don't have to pay for a liquor license that expires 3 months later (not sure how this works in HI so pure speculation)...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
HNL SkyClub - Still no liquor license

Let me preface by saying: I know this has been discussed in another thread that was addressing Sky Club deficiencies in general, however I feel it deserves it's own thread.

I think it is pushing two months now and the HNL SkyClub still does not have a liquor license.

Hopefully fellow FT'ers will take a moment to give us all a status update when they are at HNL.

MO
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Maybe they can continue the trend and get some "fake" booze? @:-)
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:35 pm

I was advised a few weeks ago that it's going to be "awhile" before liquor license is received. According to SkyClub representative, when Delta closed their Honolulu Crown Room Club back in either 2007/2008, Delta turned in liquor license. When Northwest WorldClub relocated to the former Delta Crown Room Club location (in garden area below gate 23) this past summer, apparently they couldn't just transfer the liquor license from one location to another...even though it's still within Honolulu International Airport but just at different area of the airport. So when this information was known, they had to reapply for "new" liquor license as if they were starting from scratch. I guess this process is lengthy and not sure if there's anymore red tape involved or not. In the meantime you can visit CO HNL President's Club and hopefully DL HNL SkyClub will receive their "new" liquor license by January 31, 2010 (since I believe CO President's Club will honor DL SkyClub card until then). At least DL HNL SkyClub still has fantastic staff which is reason enough to visit DL HNL SkyClub if you don't need any liquor. If anyone hears DL HNL SkyClub gets their "new" liquor license before then please advise.

Mahalo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.