Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive IFE/In-Seat Power Thread (for both DL and NW)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive IFE/In-Seat Power Thread (for both DL and NW)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 9:40 pm

No video on the A320. You can look video on most DL planes on seatguru.com or similar sites.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:43 pm

Thanks for the tip re: seatguru! I appreciate it.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
...or, you could just look here.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:18 pm

i found this today http://bizflightinfo.blogspot.com/20...767-300er.html doea that mean that all 767-300ER have AVOD now i am flying on aug 12 BOS to AMS
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by djkt486i
i found this today http://bizflightinfo.blogspot.com/20...767-300er.html doea that mean that all 767-300ER have AVOD now i am flying on aug 12 BOS to AMS
It does not. There are more reliable sources - including this very thread. Seven 767-300ERs have been fitted with AVOD in coach and prepped for the very longest 767 routes; these are designated internally as 76T. There are 50+ 767-300ERs w/o coach AVOD (767) and that is more predictability the aircraft you will encounter.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mersk862
Boeing 737-800 (16 seats in First, Rows 1-4; 144 seats in Coach, Rows 10-33)
- If the plane is coded as a 73H in the downloadable timetable (link here), it will have PTVs/AVOD.
I don't think this is quite correct, and the reason for that is that there are DL 737-800s with winglets that don't have PTVs/AVOD (two I've flown just this year are N3740C and N384DA...sorry I don't have the ship #s handy). On the flip side, none of the 737-800s that don't have winglets have PTVs/AVOD. In short, I think it's like this:

If your plane is a 738, no shot of PTVs/AVOD (barring an equipment substitution, of course.)

If your plane is a 73H, it will have winglets, and may or may not have PTVs/AVOD. My guess is 70% of the 73H's have PTVs/AVOD. I don't think there is a way of knowing for sure if you'll have it until you can see the registration number on the side of the plane.

My source is mostly keeping track of this while I fly; I'm also looking at a copy of the Delta fleet spreadsheet from widgetheads.net that I downloaded before said website went down.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:17 pm

Correct. Delta is quickly putting winglets on ALL 737-800's which removes the distinction from being able to spot a 738 with TV and one without. I have been on numerous 73H's that had no TV.

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I don't think this is quite correct, and the reason for that is that there are DL 737-800s with winglets that don't have PTVs/AVOD (two I've flown just this year are N3740C and N384DA...sorry I don't have the ship #s handy). On the flip side, none of the 737-800s that don't have winglets have PTVs/AVOD. In short, I think it's like this:

If your plane is a 738, no shot of PTVs/AVOD (barring an equipment substitution, of course.)

If your plane is a 73H, it will have winglets, and may or may not have PTVs/AVOD. My guess is 70% of the 73H's have PTVs/AVOD. I don't think there is a way of knowing for sure if you'll have it until you can see the registration number on the side of the plane.

My source is mostly keeping track of this while I fly; I'm also looking at a copy of the Delta fleet spreadsheet from widgetheads.net that I downloaded before said website went down.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
This seems to be the most relevant thread for my inquiry, and please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject. I was fortunate to have an in-seat 110V outlet on my transcon flight this past Friday, and will have it again on Monday on my return. The power adapter on my laptop is 90W. About 10 minutes into usage of my laptop, the outlet conked out. I asked the FAs to reset the power supply, and they claimed to have done so, but they also admitted that it was their first time on the aircraft and didn't know much about the power source. Fair enough (and note, this is not a rant about their lack of knowledge, as their admission, though slightly annoying at the time, was candid and apologetic). Anyway, I tried using my 1C's outlet, and that immediately conked out as well.

Is the 90W power adapter incompatible with the 110V outlet? Do I need a special adapter for my laptop? I'm using a ThinkPad issued by my company, but also may want to use my personal mac laptop too.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:48 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
What kind of plane were you on? For some reason, I'm thinking that the power outlets can only handle 75W, but I can't find seem to find any source for that right now.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL
Where to find update on 767-300ER fleet AVOD interior upgrade status?

Specifically, I'm interested in the 767-300ER that flies between SFO-NRT and JFK-IST. I'm wondering whether those planes have been done yet so I know which seats to choose in Y (whether I need to consider where to sit if I need to watch the movie on the overhead LCD).

thanks
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:14 pm

bump... also wondering about JFK/IST 767-300er which i'll be flying late dec/early january. will this have avod? is this considered one of the "longest" flights where it will be utilized? could i call delta and ask? or will they not know until right before the departure?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
JFK-IST is just under the threshold that would require the 76T (on the return flight). It is very unlikely you will have AVOD, as this fleet is already stretched thin.

767-300ER Y mods will not resume until around this time next year.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM
Just a couple quick notes on power outlets on Delta:

I haven't encountered an "Empower" one in a while. Most of them appear to be 110V outlets now and fit various international plugs. They should provide 70W.

If you are having issues with the power outlet, here is what helped me:

- unplug, wait a minute, and plug in again.
- the plug has to sit correctly. I think there is a switch that turns the outlet off if the plug isn't seated firmly to avoid accidents (kids sticking finger in outlet?).
- I find that in particular two-prong plugs don't work well. They don't sit as tight in the outlet as three prong plugs
- FA's usually don't know how to reset the outlet. Not sure if it is even possible. Some don't even know where to find the plug.
- to find the plug: in a dark plane, look for the green LED. Usually in the arm rest or between the seats
- the old NW business elite seats have plugs that need to be "twisted" to uncover. Again works a lot better with three prong cords.

If your laptop is very power hungry, enable all possible energy saving features. In particular, dimming the screen seems to help (most laptops with work fine in a dark airplane on minimum brightness). It helps to remove the battery, but this is risky as the plug easily pops out. First charging the battery while the laptop is off and then only use it with a full battery may help.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I suspect the answer is NO, based on what I've read here, but does Row 44 (the nice exit row) on the 777-300ERs have inseat power? Or is there someplace close by I can plug into?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I suspect the answer is NO, based on what I've read here, but does Row 44 (the nice exit row) on the 777-300ERs have inseat power? Or is there someplace close by I can plug into?
I'm not aware of any 777-300ERs in the fleet:

https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...yout/index.jsp

If you mean 777-200ER, it doesn't look like there are any power outlets at row 44 on this type of aircraft:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del..._777-200_B.php
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ucts/power.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.