FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive IFE/In-Seat Power Thread (for both DL and NW)
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:12 am
LoganFlyer

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mersk862
Boeing 737-800 (16 seats in First, Rows 1-4; 144 seats in Coach, Rows 10-33)
- If the plane is coded as a 73H in the downloadable timetable (link here), it will have PTVs/AVOD.
I don't think this is quite correct, and the reason for that is that there are DL 737-800s with winglets that don't have PTVs/AVOD (two I've flown just this year are N3740C and N384DA...sorry I don't have the ship #s handy). On the flip side, none of the 737-800s that don't have winglets have PTVs/AVOD. In short, I think it's like this:

If your plane is a 738, no shot of PTVs/AVOD (barring an equipment substitution, of course.)

If your plane is a 73H, it will have winglets, and may or may not have PTVs/AVOD. My guess is 70% of the 73H's have PTVs/AVOD. I don't think there is a way of knowing for sure if you'll have it until you can see the registration number on the side of the plane.

My source is mostly keeping track of this while I fly; I'm also looking at a copy of the Delta fleet spreadsheet from widgetheads.net that I downloaded before said website went down.