Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
8 Airports - 3 Airlines - 150,000 Miles (and a little cash ;))

Jan 14, 09

JFK-ICN-SYD - KE

Feb 6, 09

CNS-GUM - CO Micronesia
GUM-NRT - NW

Feb 8, 09

NRT-MSP-LGA - NW

Last edited by tkey75; Jan 14, 2009 at 6:08 pm Reason: schedule change
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL, AA, AS
Smile

Always got what I want.... usually LAS - DUB and LGW - LAS in BE. Just book wayyyyy in advance and it will clear. Always get Sky Saver.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 7:07 am

Programs: SPG, HH, UAMP, AEPL, DC
I just booked a SkySaver in F from DCA-LAS 8/11 - 8/17. There was a lot of choice at the lowest redemption level (45K). Although Vegas in August is not a prime destination, I am connecting through ATL and was surprised at the amount of choice available on the DCA-ATL / ATL-DCA legs. Interestingly, SkySaver in Y had much less availability on the 11th, and was not available at all on the 17th. So my choice came down to 25K for LAS-DCA in Y (SkyChoice), or 22,500K for LAS-DCA in F (SkySaver). Think I made the right call ^
Old Mar 21, 2008, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
DTW-PWM (in August!) in SkySaver coach. The CO search feature was working at the moment - very buggy for me - and the return is through JFK but it's early morning. nwa.com found none of its own flights at saver levels, nor DL, nor CO.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Just booked what I'd originally planned to ticket as an award RTW, except that straight ticketing it as a regular award used fewer miles. All in Y (so it's a good thing I'm used to Y) for 95K miles. The entire itinerary took about 15 minutes to book, and taxes came to $168 with an additional $20 fee (which I didn't mind paying in this instance).

Jan 1, 2009: ATL-PHL-CDG on DL and AF

Jan 6: CDG-NRT on AF

Jan 15: NRT-LAX-MEX on NW and AM

Jan 24: MEX-ATL on DL

All of the long haul is on non-DL metal, so seat assignments are going to be a bit of crap shoot. I did ask SMS to request all aisle seats, so hopefully that will work (particularly as I'm a bit claustrophobic). She also said that I could try calling the individual airlines and requesting myself. I suppose it's worth a try...
Old Mar 21, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
This is the opposite of success.

Trying to help someone with some short-notice redemptions, more then willing to pay the $75 fee for booking so close to departure. A GM can not leave PBI/FLL/MIA, on 3/21 or 3/22, for any amount of milage, in any class of service. Flat out nothing available, to GMs. Lots of SkySaver to get down to South Florida, zero availability to leave on those two weekend days, not even a SkyChoice available. Suspect that Medalion might be able to pull off a ticket... for a GM, it's cash, or another airline.

Steve B.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 3:06 pm

Programs: United Gold, AXP Platinum, Choice Diamond, and Marriott Gold
2 Skysavers to report:

1 EWR-SAN on Continental (Y)
2 JFK-CPT on Delta (Y)
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:49 pm

Well I was able to score a combo the other day (skychoice departing / skysaver returning) on the following:

FLL via JFK to CPT in first/business at the end of September.

And considering it saves me from connecting in Europe, I gladly "paid" the 200k miles... not to mention that even if I were willing to go through Europe, business or above availability on most any other airline that goes to CPT is near impossible! Granted I'd be much happier if DL would toss the new 777 with the flatbed seats on this route and skip the whole Dakar stop... but who knows, maybe in the future I'll get so lucky since I have a feeling I'll be flying back and forth to CPT a lot more (ah, gotta love those really long distance relationships!)
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:14 pm

RT ATL-PUJ (Punta Cana, DR) in Biz for this weekend

Outbound Skysaver was not available until today it just opened up and SMS and reisuue desk fixed it up in under 3 min's...
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Skysaver ATL-SVO Apr 02 opened today with Skysaver return Oct 02 and another Skysaver R/T ATL-SVO Aug 14 return Oct 02. Unfortuantely the AVL-ATL on the puddle jumper was Skychoice so I opted to drive to ATL.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
75% isn't bad.

Well, I'm pretty happy:

331 days out on AF LAX>CDG>DEL>CDG>LAX, all in Business except for the DEL>CDG leg which is economy. So, once a day for the next 330 days, I'll be calling to see if Business opened up. There really isn't a great way to get to Delhi from LAX. The only real alternative is CO and they had nothing in Business.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Another SQ F award

Just booked another SQ F award on my favorite flights: SQ 001/002 SFO-HKG-vv. Couldn't get the exact date I wanted outbound, but took the next day and got exactly what I wanted on the return. Travel dates mid-week February 2009. Had to take Economy for the ATL-SFO-vv legs on DL, though I was waitlisted for up front.

Now, again, the big question is will SQ 001/002 lose my beloved Megatop and go A380 later this year, as widely expected? And will SQ honor confirmed First bookings into Suites Class, as rumored? That'd be pretty sweet. But I won't be complaining about Megatop service anyway.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 9:38 am

About 3 weeks ago, I booked PHL-ATL-DXB, 2 seats in F, for Jan 2009. Right now, our outbound is 2 days earlier than we'd like, return 2 days later. We're waitlisted for our preferred days.

I tried to do the booking online, but when I got to the last 'okay' to confirm the tickets, it came back with, "One of your flights is now sold out." I immediatelt up Delta, who were able to get me back my original dates. I said to the agent, "Good to know that my $25 phone fee gets me something the web doesn't have." She replied, "We should be seeing the same availability." Of course, this same agent (who was senior, and otherwise helpful) told me they stopped waitlisting. I called up 2 days later, got a different agent, who had no problems putting us on a waitlist.

For a 13+hr flight, it would be nice to get on the new 777-200LR planes, with the new lie-flat first class seats. From what I've read, I think trans-Atlantic, only the ATL-BOM route is slated to get that plane.

Jeff
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Million-Miler Lifetime Premier Executive, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I've had remarkable success booking 1 seat on SQ F LAX-SIN. Early next year, I've got LAX-SIN-DEL F with 77W equipment SIN-DEL (even though F on 77W requires double mileages in KrisFlyer and cannot be booked through *A). DL obviously has a very interesting redemption arrangement with SQ (in my experience, far more generous than with *A).
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:35 pm

EWR to HNL - DL (FEB 09)
HNL to ANC -AS (MAR 09)
ANC to EWR - DL (MAR 09)
All FC
Done on Delta.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.