Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, CRC, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
soitgoes you're the best!

Something so simple and I've never thought of doing that. Perfect solution.

I think I'll even call the Plat line today and have them check for even better itineraries. I could have them hold a new one, cancel & redeposit the old and then redeem the new on-line.

I love FlyerTalk!

Travel safe.....
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by TPAbound
Yes, that's true. It's easier to just call Delta.

I did call the Plat line and the guy was nice enough, found the same options I was seeing online and also would be forced to charge me $20 per ticket for typing in exactly what I had.

So the bargain shopper in me couldn't fork over another $60 on top of the $259 for SkySaver tickets. I know, I know....it's not much.

I guess I was determined to do it myself!
Hmmmmm. I must have been even luckier that I thought because I wasn't charged the $20 fee -- just paid the taxes.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:14 am

Booked 2 SkySaver coach seats @ 60k miles each:

ATL > ICN (R/T)
9/20 - 10/4

I have to say...I've been able to get SkySaver seats 99% of the occasions I want to. I don't know if I'm lucky, flying less in-demand routes, or just planning ahead.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Scored 3 FC SkySaver OGG-SLC-ATL-SAV for July, modifying a previous return HNL-LAX-ATL-SAV. Have been watching flights for a few months, after I decided to hop over to Maui midweek.

Monitored OGG-SLC and OGG-SEA, finally got it to open up, then had to do segments for the remainder, as it did not show up automagically.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; 3.1 MM
Scored two Skysaver BE seats JFK-LHR for late September. I don't know how long it will last, but there was alot of Skysaver availability to LHR.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:52 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Talking Pdx Zrh

I was able to book 2 BE Skysaver tickets PDX - ZRH today. Travel period is mid November to mid December. Taxes and fees only came to $79.00/tckt. All in all a pretty good deal in my opinion. Entire process was absolutly painless, so to Delta I say "Thank You"
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:29 pm

Mrs Cornroaster and I were able to book 2 tickets ORD-CDG-NCE on Sept 13 of this year as Skysaver and return on 9/27 CDG-ATL-ORD on Skychoice awards. Total of 75000 miles each in economy class.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
New to the forum. 2 FC and 6 BC award tickets the last 3 years. All from LAX-CDG. Need to a little flexible on my dates, but every time i'm within 2-4 days of what I wanted. All flights booked with DL, but flown on AF. I like the non-stops. Max lead time was 8 months for a March 2008 flight. Shortest lead time 7 weeks (Dec 2007). Don't take the first answer anyone at Delta gives you, unless it's positive. Call back 10 min. later and you may get a different answer on seat availabilty. For all the complaining I hear about booking travel, at 3500.00/ ticket, if I spend 10 HOURS getting my ticket, I'm making 350.00 / hr. Not bad.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
just picked up yesterday, BE skysaver ATL to VCE and return BE skysaver from PRG to ATL for end of May. There were a lot of skysaver seats going and coming from PRG to ATL for May and June. Maybe they just loaded them, never saw so many......
we were able to get business class from VCE to PRG on Czech Air for no additional miles. pretty sweet!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:59 pm

Detroit to Prague Success for Oct. 2008

I just booked a coach Skysaver ticket from DTW - PRG for October 2008. I had enough miles for business class but there were no business class seats available for the entire month of Oct. The flight is through ATL and the taxes were only $54.95. I feel like a got a great deal on the taxes compared to some of the recent posts complaining about taxes.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM
Smile Atlanta - South Africa

Called 331 days out and was able to get two tickets in BE at SkySaver rate:

ATL - DKR - CPT (Dec. 25/26)

JNB - ATL (Jan. 4/5)

Really good deal for miles I think since it valued the miles at about 7 cents per mile. It was a lot of work though. They only issue paper tickets for this route and I had to drive to the airport to have the ticket reissued when I booked the return flight. But, for getting $16,000+ worth of tix for free, I'm not complaining.

The Cape Town flight is the new thing where the ATL/JNB flight overlaps with the JFK/CPT flight in DKR and you switch planes in the hour gap.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 1:23 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
BusinessElite

I was able to get a Business Skysaver Award (90K) for DCA-ATL-SCL for May returning in August.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:03 pm

Managed to get 2 skysaver BE seats: MSY - ATL - SXM - CDG - JNB - ATL - MSY...120K each. Will take a stopover in St. Maarten and spend the day in Paris on they way to South Africa for our honeymoon!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Last November I booked San Francisco to Berlin (via JFK) RT in business for 90K miles. This will be in September for the Berlin Marathon. I consider that quite a deal, and it more than makes up for how my DVD player got stolen from my checked bag last year (topic of another thread).
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold
SQ score!

A couple of weeks ago, scored economy on SQ: JFK-FRA-SIN, 6 days stop over, before continuing on to MNL for a couple of weeks, and then back MNL-SIN-FRA-JFK.

Two Asian cities, with SQ, all for 80,000 DL miles. Nicest deal I've scored in my (still short) life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.