Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 6:26 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
ATL-LAS April 5 skysaver coach and LAS-ATL April 12 skysaver first. Not bad for a spring break week.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 9:41 pm

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
Happy to find SEA-NCE coach for my wife and 18 month old for summer 2008, even happier to find tix for my 5 year old and me...we fly out a week earlier going PDX-ZRH in BE. If she didn't have summer school we'd all be together, but she is stuck in the back of the plane. All were Saver tickets, so I can't even complain too loudly about the new award availability. We'll all meet up in Italy on the 6/24 for a summer of fun!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Booked SFO-ANC, there in Y, back in F for 35k miles for the summer solstice!!
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:25 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
How dare my cousin decide to get married in the middle of ski season!

Due to a couple scheduling conflicts, I had to reschedule my 2 ski trip reservations to BZN and EGE that I booked back in the fall.

New Coach SkySaver reservations:
Feb 8-12. CAE-EGE (for Vail / Beaver Creek skiing)
Feb 9-13. CAE-RNO (possible alternative on hold for Tahoe skiing)
Mar 6-11. CAE-EGE (for Vail / Beaver Creek skiing)
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:55 am

My husband and I have been able to redeem 6 RT tickets using our skymiles.

But was is most exciting is that we are traveling from MSP-BCN in November and were able to get skysaver tickets in BE class. Of course we haven't gone yet but I hope all goes well.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
JFK-SIN-BOM-xSIN-JFK in C for 120K for April/May
LAX-xSIN-BOM-SIN-LAX in F for 140K for July/August

Just booked these earlier today. Took maybe 30min to get both done. Availability mirrored the ANA tool and Seatcounter.com except for EWR-SIN-EWR segments which SMS could not seem to book despite them showing availability I1, but I got the JFK flights on the days I wanted to travel. Have these on hold for a couple of days and will add domestic DL segments later.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
may 15 DCA-EWR-GIG
may 25 GRU-EWR-IAD

all on CO
50k plus $61 in taxes

85k more to burn
hoping for europe in september or october
Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:54 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Last minute success. Called SMS 14 days ago, and was able to book a 90K business award between LAX and MAD, for two days later (returning after six days). Was waitlisted for the ATL-LAX segment, and it did not clear.

Outgoing was on AF thru CDG, return on DL via ATL. Total cost including taxes, last minute fee and phone booking charge, was $146.

Night and day between AF and DL's service. Sorry DL, but you have a long way to go to be considered above average business class TATL.

Last edited by Craig6z; Jan 19, 2008 at 3:46 pm Reason: Add'l details
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
6/5/2008 DFW - AMS (KL) - CDG (AF) - FLR (AF)
6/15/2008 FLR - FCO - LHR (Alitalia/AF) - LAX

All segments in Business except CDG - FLR and FLR - FCO. Saver award for 90,000 miles.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: yes
Award success ONT-BWI

Had no trouble finding and booking SkySaver awards for ONT-BWI via ATL on March 3 2008 returning March 10 2008 via SLC at a total cost of $10USD and 25k SM per ticket. (Could not find any F availability that didn't leave us sleeping at an airport overnight, but sometimes it is good to fly Y to see how the other half lives...) Mrs. bobsgt and I will be returning to the National Facilities Management and Technology (NMF&T) at the Baltimore Convention Center.

Scored the Radisson Lord Baltimore on for $79/night on Hotwire, although I see some have received it for $55 on Priceline. No big deal- this trip is a tax deductible!

Now we just have to practice our harmonizing on "The cattle in coach sing 'moo, moo, moo'"
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:10 am

Smile

Delta got me exactly the flghts I wanted ATL_LAX Feb 7-11 for $5.00, I'm happy.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, CRC, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
Scored the Family vacation SS tix to Cabo

Took FOREVER (about 1 hour)....had the same problems mentioned above with squirrely dates/missing itineraries/errors. I think the problem was that all the seats RT were booked on CO. I had to sign out of Delta.com, clear cookies before I could finally get a decent list of CO options.

35,000 SS miles x 3 plus $76.50 each for int'l travel/taxes...etc about $229.50 (ugh). TPA-IAH-SJD (Cabo).

No itinerary/link on Delta.com to my Continental award seats. No seats assigned either. Had to sign in Continental.com, imput my confirmation number and manually select three seats. I'll have to keep a close watch for schedule changes.

Travel safe
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Other than the "fun" of point and click online, I don't know why anyone wouldn't just pick up the phone and call SMS -- especially for International Award travel. Over the past 3 years I've been able to get close-in (within a few months) BE saver seats (90,000 miles each) for October - FLL-ATL-ATH/NCE-CDG-ATL-FLL, November -FLL-JFK-LGW/AMS-JFK-FLL, and May FLL-ATL-FLR/AMS-ATL-FLL.

It's so much easier to let them do it and I can multi-task while I'm waiting. And it always saves me miles and time over what I find anywhere online -- and less frustrating. I just made the upcoming May trip reservations -- online the best I could find were seats for 240,000 miles on days that were close but not quite what I wanted --- SMS found better flights on my preferred dates for just 90,000. I love those guys!!
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CRC, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
Point taken

Yes, that's true. It's easier to just call Delta.

I did call the Plat line and the guy was nice enough, found the same options I was seeing online and also would be forced to charge me $20 per ticket for typing in exactly what I had.

So the bargain shopper in me couldn't fork over another $60 on top of the $259 for SkySaver tickets. I know, I know....it's not much.

I guess I was determined to do it myself!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPAbound
I did call the Plat line and the guy was nice enough, found the same options I was seeing online and also would be forced to charge me $20 per ticket for typing in exactly what I had.
Have the agent place the award itin on hold. Pull it up online...click on "redeem" and--voila--you will be able to ticket sans phone fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.