Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
SQ Gods smiled on me again.

Got another SQ F award on the exact days I wanted, pretty much exact flights I wanted. SFO-(HKG)-SIN in F on a Megatop, then Economy (blech!) up to BKK. Coming back in F on a Megatop SIN-(HKG)-SFO. Starting and ending in ATL of course, with DL domestic F on the transcon legs.

Couldn't get either of the 77W flights to try the new F product-- the Partners Desk rep didn't think she'd seen anyone get on those, though five months ago (probably before the system was updated) I briefly had a business class reservation on one of 'em.

This will extend into its fourth consecutive year my streak of getting two SQ premium awards per year, now doing both in First Class. Booked at just under 330 days out from my travel dates, around Memorial Day 2008.

Now, what if SQ starts flying the WhaleJet on SQ 001/002 ??? I coulnd't be that lucky, could I?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
Got two SkySaver bookings that I've been meaning to post, one a couple months ago and one a few months ago.

BOS-ATL-EZE r/t on 12 Nov to 19 Nov

BOS-CDG-NCE-AMS-BOS on 16 May to 26 May (AF first two legs, then KLM/NW).
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:55 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
On to Machu Pichu!

Booked BE BHM-LIM for May 1 thru Atlanta and LIM-BHM again thru ATL on May 10.
Multiple choices checking me flying and not.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
In case you're not aware, DL's service into LIM is certainly not BE---it's domestic first. Take CO through IAH (or EWR) if you can get it; they use their 752s with BF seats. I just booked LAX-LIM with DL on the way out and CO on the way back for my wife and in late November.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:42 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Recently booked CDG-BOS-CDG on AF nonstops in Y for a family member for Memorial Day Weekend 2008. Got first choice both ways, and then when she wanted to change the return date, I was able to change it w/o trouble (or fee)
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:58 pm

LAX-CDG-DXB in J

I mentioned this in another thread, but here it is again:

I scored 1 Air France Business Class award seat from Los Angeles to Dubai in January around Martin Luther King weekend (best time to go to Dubai is Jan-Feb IMHO) using Delta Skymiles: 120,000 miles + $81 in taxes and fees.^

I wanted to try the new Delta service to Dubai in BusinessElite, but unfortunately the ATL-DXB or DXB-ATL were not available in J, only in Y (hell no!). The great thing was there was availability on each and every date I inquired! A big ^ to that too .

Regards,
Angeleno228
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
I got 2 J JFK-ICN-REP, BKK-ICN-ATL-LGA, with all on KE except ICN-LGA on DL, for late April 08, for 120,000 miles. There was plenty of intra-Asia availability on KE, but transpacific was difficult...my original dates were in mid-March, I had to take a few more days off than I planned, and the return routing is not ideal. It took several hours on the phone, and I had an agent who knew what she was doing. She tried transpacific using KE, CO, and NW, and couldn't find much, except 1 J seat on a lot of days on CO and NW. The agent said that she suspected that, at least further out, CO and NW only release 1 J seat to DL, as she saw 1 J seat available day after day in certain timeframes, and that seemed odd.

What I didn't know is that the agent can look at KE, CO and NW transpacific availability easily, in that if there are any seats available from any Asian city to any N American gateway, e.g. NRT - IAH on CO, ICN to SEA on NW, etc., it would come up. So, she could see that she could get me from BKK to NRT, then NRT to HNL on NW (but then couldn't get me from HNL back to NY), and she could find this out easily (though I think each airline's date ranges are different).

Fyi, there was availability for 1 seat on SQ in J, via JFK (not EWR) on a few days. But no F. (And if there was 1 F and 1 J on SQ, methinks Mrs. TrojanTraveler would end up in the F seat.)

Just another 3 million miles left...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
(And if there was 1 F and 1 J on SQ, methinks Mrs. TrojanTraveler would end up in the F seat.)
...or cease to be Mrs. TrojanTraveler!!

Nice score.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:36 am

Needed to go LAS-SDF on Thurs Aug 16, back on the 19th. F fares $1600 and Y $700, found skysaver F availability at my exact times, both directions... I was in absolute shock!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
There will be a run on FTers in Macchu Picchu soon. I just booked us DAB-LIM-DAB SkySavers in February in Business Class. Interestingly, the main difficulty was too much availability, something like 18 days in the month in each direction were available as SkySavers, Made it more difficult than usual to select! although we ended up with exactly the right dates.

There were also plenty of SS seats available from JAX, MCO and TPA (we live 2 hours from all of these) so the whole thing became an exercise in which set of connections and layovers in ATL was optimum!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Thumbs up January 2008 to FRA

Just secured 3 skysaver business elite (DL) seats ATL-FRA on Jan 2 with a Jan 14 return FRA-EWR in CO business first onward to ATL on DL first class (R). "Cost" was 95000 points per ticket plus about $60 in fees. As reported elsewhere in this thread, SkyMiles international/partner award desk personnel were outstandingly helpful, knowledgable, and accommodating. Thanks, Melodie!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
MIA-FCO w/ stopover in CDG in October 2007

in coach, skysavers, two award tickets booked today. Got within 1 day of what I wanted. Flying out on a Saturday, back on a Monday with a stopover in Paris on the Thursday. Would have preferred Fri-Sun, but one day off wasn't bad.
We were not targeting Paris for a visit. It just came up as an option. Would have also returned via a different city, but Kiev was the only one available.
Flights are on AF-AZ-AZ-AF. Flights were only available due to medallion status, though.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Flights are on AF-AZ-AZ-AF. Flights were only available due to medallion status, though.
Since when did AF X class only apply to Medallions?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:56 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
This is the first time I"ve had a real opportunity to burn some Skymiles in the last few years, and based on the many complaints I'd read, I thought I was on a fool's errand trying to find TATL Skysavers in October (just over 2 months hence at the time of this posting). But even without having to call the international partners desk, I was able to find and book online 3 Skysaver tickets from home-ATL-LGW and return FRA-JFK-ATL-home, all on DL, no long layovers, on the dates we wanted.

I would've preferred to arrive in or near FRA, but we had planned a trip to Paris anyway, and LGW will allow us to stop in Paris on our way to our destination in southwest Germany.

LGW was wide open with availability in early October, but the return from FRA did require my Gold Medallion status.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:14 am

4 SkySaver BE class ATL-CDG (via BUR) and returning (non-stop) from Munich for next May/June.
The June returns were really tough. We elected on Munich because we had planned to go to Geneva anyway. So we will plan a few days traveling through Switzerland from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.