Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum and Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Smile Hawaii in November

Booked 2 first class Sky Saver tix ATL-LAX-HNL on Thursday in November, returning HNL-ATL Sun-Mon two weeks later ^

Would have been OK with coach tickets -- but none were available, and FC tix are essentially same cost as Sky Choice in coach.

Matt
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PriceIsRight
Booked 2 first class Sky Saver tix ATL-LAX-HNL on Thursday in November, returning HNL-ATL Sun-Mon two weeks later ^

Would have been OK with coach tickets -- but none were available, and FC tix are essentially same cost as Sky Choice in coach.

Matt
Outstanding! What is your status?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Hmm....

I just booked a Skysaver F NYC-HNL RT award for travel in September.

Considering how hard it seems to be to get a Saver award to Hawaii, I was quite surprised to find any availability.

Initially, I put the award on hold 2 days ago.......and had to ticket by today.

I decided to do so......as when I just checked, JFK-HNL F Saver availability for September has now all but dried up with one or two exceptions...........whereas 2 days ago, there were 10+ days with outbound Skysaver F availability during that month.

I was even able to change the return date (extended my stay in the Hawaiian islands an additional night ) right before I redeemed the award.....with multiple Skysaver F routings available.

Unfortunately, there's a 50/50 chance that I may have to cancel/redeposit this award......but I won't know for sure until late July/earlyAugust.

It's interesting to note that my next 3 itineraries are all SkySaver award tickets.

Given my recent history, it's a bit strange for me to not have at least 1 paid itinerary booked.

However, that will likely change within a month or two.......especially since I have not yet requalified for PM status......as I'm still roughly 18K MQMs short.

A.J.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: OZ Gold DL GM
Maybe this should be a sticky so people see it 1st thing & don't start a new thread when their comment could easily fit here. Also encourages people right up front.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by retired43
Maybe this should be a sticky so people see it 1st thing & don't start a new thread when their comment could easily fit here. Also encourages people right up front.
Super idea!!! ^ Do the same thing with the "problems" thread.
Mods.....??????
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Slc-hnl

Last week:

Got a SLC-HNL nonstop in Oct (no status) for my partner

Got a SLC-LAX-HNL in Feb (FO status) for me
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Thumbs up

Just now booked: ATL-FRA on BE two days from now. Again, Delta folks at Int'l Partners' Desk in Salt Lake are the best! Thank you. ^

(The agent kept apologising for taking a long time to search for the seat, and also thanked me for being a PM. I so felt like giving her a big hug.)
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM, PM, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond,
another success

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks I just found Skysaver award tickets in BE. 1st I booked CVG-LGW in BE traveling 02, Sept. for myself and 2 sons. Today I booked another 3 BE tickets 21, Dec CVG-AMS for the same Skysaver award. Maybe nobody wants to go to Europe.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Booked a HSV to LAS via ATL First Class for August for 45,000 miles. Can't wait to go!
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Booked a HSV to LAS via ATL First Class

My medical mind read that as "booked herpes simplex virus to Las Vegas via Atlanta" . . . which could be reasonable depending upon the trip Whatever happens in Vegas, stays. . .with you the rest of your life!
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:37 pm

Based on online research on delta.com and the comments of others about limited availability of Skysaver Business Class seats to Europe, my husband and I decided to be flexible and play "Europe Roulette" for our trip in May 2008.

We called Delta 331 days in advance of our desired departures to and from Europe with a window of travel dates and a wish list of destinations.

To our surprise, we're off to Berlin (we just said "Germany" because availability into Frankfurt looked more likely than most European options; we ended up going with a different date than orginally planned), and we're coming home from London (which we wanted and were pleased to get; this time we got the date we wanted).

Our routing is a little cumbersome on departure (DCA to ATL to JFK to Berlin), and our layover on return is a little long, but I expect the schedules to change about 4,345 times between now and next May so I'm pretty sure things stand to improve in the end.

For both of our calls to the Int'l. Partners desk, the person we got was extremely helpful and patient (both were on the phone with us for more than an hour searching for the best options).

So, while it's not as easy and predictable as it was years ago, it's still possible to have a very nice free vacation flight on Delta!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:57 am

Congrats Peaches!
So, while it's not as easy and predictable as it was years ago, it's still possible to have a very nice free vacation flight on Delta!
Yes,it's "possible", but it's very difficult. If you wanted CDG, FCO,MXP,VCE,etc. ,you'd be out-of-luck. I'm still working on May (4 BE) to Italy/France.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
Success finally!

I was able to contact my "good friend" at Delta, Luis F. Montejo, and get 22 SS award seats from BOS->HNL over Christmas
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by lanemckenna
I was able to contact my "good friend" at Delta, Luis F. Montejo, and get 22 SS award seats from BOS->HNL over Christmas
Hahaha me too!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL, Hhonors Gold
I was just playing around and found MSY (New Orleans) to AMS (Amsterdam) in April 08 for 50K "skysaver" points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.