Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by TommyD2
2X MKE-AMS and return for April at 98k. Get to try D1 Suites for first time.
Congrats. This summer, I flew SAN-AMS on Delta's previous 98k flash sale, which was on about Dec 2018. Gouda (and worth stopping in Utrecht) was a nice chill City with a very walkable old City center, great cafe's, a cheese market, and B&B options. It is easily reached by train from Amsterdam. Had a great time.

This new flash sale was really wide open last night and this morning. Could have and should have booked a SAN-ZAG/LJU-SAN open jaw. I dithered and a lot of availability has now dried up. For a while virtually the entire continent was bookable.

I booked a SAN-TXL roundtrip in March for 98k each. For the life of me, I can't understand why my wife wanted Berlin over Munich.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
RDU-CDG-BEG/BEG-CDG-BOS-RDU 129,000 + $116 in D1. Outbound is at the flash sale price, return is after the sale so it prices at both. Return does have an overnight at CDG at my expense, will use some hotel points, I guess. Going to Serbia for a pet/house sit.

Added -- House sit fell through so I ended up cancelling and arranging a different sit location. Too bad..
CMK10 likes this.

Last edited by mot29; Jan 6, 2020 at 8:34 am
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
YYZ-JFK-BOS-LHR/LHR-JFK(VS)-RDU - 166,000 miles and US$383. Not base, but not bad. I found it online but in 3 attempts to book it came out 'just sold out.'
Called and got connected to an ATL based agent who answered Diamond line and introduced herself at Ms xxx (most agents use their first names I find). She found the itin and put it into the reservation but couldn't get it to price at all. She worked her way up to ticketing and ticketing supervisor... It took about an hour and she kept coming back to me to let me know of progress and took my phone number in case we got disconnected..
I'm guessing the combination of the different origin and return locations and the VS flight messed up the auto pricing, but got an agent who worked it through for me.
(I've already sent in a compliment.)
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Just grabbed for two tickets in May for ATL-DTW-AMS//LIS-JFK-ATL in Delta One & First for 160k each plus about $100 in taxes (don't remember the exact amount). Now just hoping for a change or cancellation to move to something more direct. We'll be buying an AMS-Portugal leg on KLM to complete the trip and make sure we're somewhat protected within Skyteam should something happen. I was pleasantly surprised I could find anything at these rates for 4 months out starting and ending in ATL.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
JFK-SAN, R/T 20k in coach. I have a business trip to San Diego that requires weekend travel and wanted to bring the GF. Cash fares were in the 450 range, so was happy to get this at a decent redemption
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
OW SYD(CI)-TPE(AF)-CDG(AF)-AMS(KL)-JNB

All in J total 90,000 miles.
CMK10, CO-PLAT, jmgriffin and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: united airlines
I was able to book 2 Business Class seats for March from Taipei to DFW using China Airlines (A350-900) to LAX and then Delta (A321) to DFW for 85,000 miles each.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:31 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Not aspirational, but booked two economy tickets in May for SFO-CDG-BOD for 15K each and $22 in taxes. Will have to position to SFO but very happy with redemption (and only had about 35K DL miles to spend)
MDtR-Chicago, Schmoops and Duke787 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by LHG
Not aspirational, but booked two economy tickets in May for SFO-CDG-BOD for 15K each and $22 in taxes. Will have to position to SFO but very happy with redemption (and only had about 35K DL miles to spend)
Bought two OW tickets SFO-BOD
How about return?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
OW SYD(CI)-TPE(AF)-CDG(AF)-AMS(KL)-JNB

All in J total 90,000 miles.
Great routing....was this booked online?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Great routing....was this booked online?
Yes in DL app.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:22 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
We are headed to TLV a week later for a wedding so will buy a connecting flight. Have a mileage ticket in business already booked for my return (AF: TLV-CDG-SFO for 53K each)
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LGA-MSP-YVR 20,000 one way for a coach award (chose over 41,000 for F or $317 cash for Y). I had a booking on CX in J but CX has cancelled JFK-YVR prematurely. The trip is less than four weeks away so my options are fairly limited but I'm happy with this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Just booked 2 OW tickets BOM-JFK-MSP in Delta One (BOM-JFK) and Comfort (JFK-MSP) for 135K and $45 each for the return leg of my trip to BOM. Doesn't feel like a great win at all. The mileage rate has almost doubled in 3 years. Just in 2016 I was able to book the same journey for 70K each, then it was 90K in 2018 and 2019 and now 135K.

Now got to work out the outbound.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
LGA-MSP-YVR 20,000 one way for a coach award (chose over 41,000 for F or $317 cash for Y). I had a booking on CX in J but CX has cancelled JFK-YVR prematurely. The trip is less than four weeks away so my options are fairly limited but I'm happy with this.
There's one-way awards from 9.5K on this route (12K main cabin), but they have a 30-day advance purchase requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.