Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
However last time I was in a Waffle House I was really embarrassed. A guy left the waitress about 40 cents tip. I left about 25% - anyway , dont wish to reignite the tip/no tip argument.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I have to say, the presentation was probably the best thing I've gotten out of this internship so far. Being a regular on FlyerTalk and familiar with sites like A.net, it was cool that I could understand what they were talking about. Half of the questions that people ask on here and A.net were actually answered, including future plans in terms of routes, aircraft, and markets. There is SO much I wish I could share with you guys, but I also met the man who is in charge of finding stuff like this posted on the internet It's just amazing how much stuff is already planned out.
Can you just tell us whether DL is planning on any of the following:

a) running AS out of business
b) driving down the stock price of AS so they can purchase them
c) severing their partnership with AS

Reporting that might get you fired, but it also might get you hired as a highly paid consultant with AS. I have it from the inside that AS management is expressing significant concern with DL's recent actions at SEA, and they'd love to know the insider story from DL.

c.f. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-6x-daily.html
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jackal
Can you just tell us whether DL is planning on any of the following:

c) severing their partnership with AS

Reporting that might get you fired, but it also might get you hired as a highly paid consultant with AS. I have it from the inside that AS management is expressing significant concern with DL's recent actions at SEA, and they'd love to know the insider story from DL.

c.f. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-6x-daily.html
Well... I'll just say you don't need to worry about losing your forum anytime soon. Other than that, I shouldn't comment

-J.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Howste
Waffles for breakfast? Crazy.
Absolutely, you must have chicken with the waffles.

Anyway, here's the rest of the story.

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf...h_parkway.html

David
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Bacon waffles are delicious...
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
That sounds like something the old NW execs would do, e.g. as they did to ATA, and to a lesser extent to the former incarnations of Frontier & Sun Country.

That sounds like something the old NW execs would do, just ask Mesaba.

Some of those old NW execs reportedly work for Delta today, one of them is even rumored to run the place.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Absolutely, you must have chicken with the waffles.

Anyway, here's the rest of the story.

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf...h_parkway.html

David
Why we haven't ate at Waffle House for a long time. I haven't been there either. Oh well!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by N830MH
Why we haven't ate at Waffle House for a long time. I haven't been there either. Oh well!
Overrated, nobody eats there anymore, all going out of business!

*duck*
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
The handful of Waffle Houses in PHX aren't real ones. Not enough grease or heartburn.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
The handful of Waffle Houses in PHX aren't real ones. Not enough grease or heartburn.
I'll be checking one or two of them out in Indiana and Kentucky next week. Them're the real things. Out there your fork will stick to the plate and the burn will last for at least an hour. And one of them is right across the street from the hotel where I'm staying. ^

I'll be thinking of you as I get down on a Texas Sausage Melt for an appetizer but will have forgotten all about you when I get to the main dish.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
However last time I was in a Waffle House I was really embarrassed. A guy left the waitress about 40 cents tip. I left about 25% - anyway , dont wish to reignite the tip/no tip argument.
That is very generous compared to my usual 10% on subtotal.
(for groupon, I use 10% of groupon value plus subtotal of any additional amount, though I usually am good in keeping my order below the amount on the groupon or have very trivial amounts like $1/$3 to add on. Any extra is also not likely to be paid by me, as I can show my order is less than the average value per head.)
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
That is very generous compared to my usual 10% on subtotal.
(for groupon, I use 10% of groupon value plus subtotal of any additional amount, though I usually am good in keeping my order below the amount on the groupon or have very trivial amounts like $1/$3 to add on. Any extra is also not likely to be paid by me, as I can show my order is less than the average value per head.)
A 10% tip? Wow, and some days, I feel bad if I leave 15% for so-so service.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
A 10% tip? Wow, and some days, I feel bad if I leave 15% for so-so service.
In Israel, tips are generally 10%. In the States, they run about 18%. Being an American living in Israel I compromise at 15% (here), give 18% when I am in a state like Florida where the tax is 6% and I can simply triple it, and give 20% everywhere else in the States because it is easier.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
In Israel, tips are generally 10%. In the States, they run about 18%. Being an American living in Israel I compromise at 15% (here), give 18% when I am in a state like Florida where the tax is 6% and I can simply triple it, and give 20% everywhere else in the States because it is easier.

I usually tip 20-25% domestically. More for pizza drivers and for low check averages.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Cholula
I usually tip 20-25% domestically. More for pizza drivers and for low check averages.
I agree with this - and if I am in an a bar, 1 dollar per drink or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.