Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackal
What's going on? The wind just kicked up about 30 minutes ago here in WIL, but skies are clear and the only bad thing is the temperature is dropping like a rock.

A friend is stuck in MSP and was told he couldn't get home until Wednesday. I ended up helping him find a $109 one-way with Hertz.
I forgot, if I need help with a car rental, I should text you.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by bizorbetter
Thanks for the answers.......i have tried to call DL about the SC passes but wow 30 minutes i hung up......maybe weather has them swamped i will try tomorrow and report the answer.

As far as the upgrades i all ready get the auto ones so i am thinking the SWU are pretty useless unless i can use TATL and at time of booking? oh well

thanks again
Apologies; I misunderstood your question. I thought you were referring to status UGs. Although, from experience and anecdotally, the same is true for SWUs. ...a dying breed.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
You could wait for the new regional upgrades that will be available in March. They can be used from any fare class but IIRC only domestically. I didn't look at the details too much since I'm not eligible. They're also not valid on JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX. The might be useful if you're flying TCONs that aren't to/from JFK but are long enough that the upgrade is important.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
You could wait for the new regional upgrades that will be available in March. They can be used from any fare class but IIRC only domestically. I didn't look at the details too much since I'm not eligible. They're also not valid on JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX. The might be useful if you're flying TCONs that aren't to/from JFK but are long enough that the upgrade is important.
Yes i noticed that and you are right they are domestic (and Caribbean) only but again if they don't clear at the time of booking then they are far less valuable IMO, but i understand they trump the status upgrades at least. would be good for a vegas trip i suppose....

FYI the SC pass option is for DL flights only as per an agent late tonight, so zero value to me as i get in anyhow.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by jackal
What's going on? The wind just kicked up about 30 minutes ago here in WIL, but skies are clear and the only bad thing is the temperature is dropping like a rock.

A friend is stuck in MSP and was told he couldn't get home until Wednesday. I ended up helping him find a $109 one-way with Hertz.
I dunno. I guess there was suposed to be some ice storm, but I landed in PHL at 5p and just rove to BOS in some lovely. not too cold weather.

I'm beginning to regret my decision to move domestic travel to B6. Since Dec, exactly 75% of my flights have been cancelled. They seem to be really heavy handed with pro-active cancellations.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I can't to go to JFK & BOS. Due to snowstorm. I didn't want to be stranded for the day. I don't want to struck at airport. I have wait for a while. If the weather is clear. Is the weather really bad out there? I didn't want to get cold. I have to avoid flying to JFK & BOS. I should wait for a while. Should I have be more patiently?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by N830MH
I can't to go to JFK & BOS. Due to snowstorm. I didn't want to be stranded for the day. I don't want to struck at airport. I have wait for a while. If the weather is clear. Is the weather really bad out there? I didn't want to get cold. I have to avoid flying to JFK & BOS. I should wait for a while. Should I have be more patiently?
weather is clear now, cold, but clear. Many planes are still not in position, but we can only hope for the best.

on another note, if anyone will be in BOS between 11 and 11:45 I'm more than happy to guest someone into the SC
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:21 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by tkey75
I dunno. I guess there was suposed to be some ice storm, but I landed in PHL at 5p and just rove to BOS in some lovely. not too cold weather.

I'm beginning to regret my decision to move domestic travel to B6. Since Dec, exactly 75% of my flights have been cancelled. They seem to be really heavy handed with pro-active cancellations.
I know that drive well..... (with a stop at Mohegan Sun, on the way, sometimes).

I've heard the same lament about B6 from many. Seems their weather handling is mostly "cancel everything!" I also feel their IrrOps handling leaves a lot to be desired. But, I understand your position as a BOS based domestic flyer (or, at least I seem to recall you were Boston based...) I prefer Delta, since I just like "more options."
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm overnighting in DTW because of the storm. The plane showed up, but the crew timed out.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: DL GM, AmEx Plat, DL AmEx Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
I've never had to purchase one-ways on DL before so excuse my ignorance on this one.

Due to a really weird schedule, a coworker and I are going to be flying into DFW, where we will work for several days. Afterward, he will stay with family and I will leave.

Are one-ways really the same cost as round trips?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Exvaris

Are one-ways really the same cost as round trips?
No but they are never half the price on DL anyway. WN possibly.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: DL GM, AmEx Plat, DL AmEx Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
No but they are never half the price on DL anyway. WN possibly.
I tried WN but we need to fly into and out of DFW which doesn't appear to be served by WN unfortunately.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by Exvaris
I tried WN but we need to fly into and out of DFW which doesn't appear to be served by WN unfortunately.
WN uses DAL, not DFW. Only ~30 mins away.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
WN uses DAL, not DFW. Only ~30 mins away.
And in fact it is their headquarters.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SansSerif
Thanks! And I was kicking myself for buying a bunch of 2014 flights in the last few days of 2013 ...
I waited until 2014 to buy some flights, but only because I wanted the spend to show up in 2014 (on my DL Amex).

For whatever reason, the fare was $0.40 higher than at the end of 2013. I didn't record the breakdown to see where that came from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.