Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by madchemiker
I decided to post my introduction here because probably as many of you feel about the way I do, that Delta, although not perfect (what large corporation is?), seems from my perspective to be a decent airline to get me from point A to B. Maybe it's also because Delta seems to serve many of the more rural locales that are less serviced by other airlines. Shoutout...ok, no wait, thats just not my style. Simply let it be known I have a significant fondness for the OMA/LNK.

To be honest, I just cant sleep tonight. I don't know how much I will post to the forum, but I am very interested in gleaning what knowledge I can before my eyes start to hurt and my brain liquefies.

Anyway, so I did have a pretty BIG question. Where on this whole forum can I find the definitive guide to abbreviations used? I understand IATA/ICAO and state abbreviations, but some of the program abbreviations seem either made up on the spot or refer to some description that I have yet to fathom. For example, why is general membership in a FFP briefly called FO?
Hello and welcome.

As for your specific question about FOs, I'll refer you here: What is an “FO?”

For other abbreviations, I'll refer you to the flyertalk glossary

Perhaps I'll see you in OMA soon! Best of luck with all of your travels!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Don't forget the Delta Forum Glossary where you can learn about DL-specific terms like Ham Sandwich.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:57 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Morning, greetings from Alabama

Day seven of a bright red Mustang that I got for rental, that just screams "GIVE ME A TICKET", but none, so far.

Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jfe

Day seven of a bright red Mustang that I got for rental, that just screams "GIVE ME A TICKET", but none, so far.
Welcome to AL!

LEOs in this part of the country tend to focus more on the out of state plates for generating revenue, er, ensuring public safety.

Are you anywhere near HSV?

David
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:30 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Welcome to AL!

LEOs in this part of the country tend to focus more on the out of state plates for generating revenue, er, ensuring public safety.

Are you anywhere near HSV?

David
My luck, it has Tennessee plates

I am spending my time in Hoover, but today in Cottondale
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jfe

Nice!
Originally Posted by jfe
Do they say Blount County? Many rental agencies register hundreds if not thousands of their cars there because it's cheaper one way or another. Hertz has a bunch of Blount-registered cars in NYC, PHX, and I think Dallas as well (amongst many other markets). I tried to get a car the other day that had Blount TN plates here in SLC.

-J.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Their CS is the ONLY reason I still fly DL. They are far above everyone else, IMHO.
Isn't DL getting a bit lazy with customer service though?

Had a 3 hour delay last week due to mechanical issues and a plane switch, but did not even a canned apology e-mail. Had a 2 hour delay due to weather a couple of months ago and DL sends two e-mails and some SkyPesos.

How does that make sense?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by etrnjanin

Had a 3 hour delay last week due to mechanical issues and a plane switch, but did not even a canned apology e-mail. Had a 2 hour delay due to weather a couple of months ago and DL sends two e-mails and some SkyPesos.

When stuff really goes wrong, in my experiences, they work harder than other carriers to make things right, and are definitely more proactive -- several years ago I never imagined I could get a major problem fixed via Twitter!

-J.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jfe
Well, you're still better off with a Southern (old confederacy) plate than having West Coast tags or (gasp) tags from a Yankee state.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ee-plates.html

David
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Actually, I don't really miss it. Sort of nice to be home for a stretch and actually catch up on life (and work).

With that being said, my first flight of 2014 is on the 25th AMS-BOS-AMS. And, yes, the BOS-AMS return has cleared into BusinessElite, but AMS-BOS is still waitlisted.
I personally prefer the BE upgrade on the redeye rather than the daytime leg.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by etrnjanin

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
When stuff really goes wrong, in my experiences, they work harder than other carriers to make things right, and are definitely more proactive -- several years ago I never imagined I could get a major problem fixed via Twitter!

-J.
I agree (bolding mine). Just a couple examples of recent experiences:

- On my way to the airport last year, I was rammed by a woman who ran a stop sign. Car was totaled, back was wrenched, no possible way for me to make my flight. Ticket was discount non-refundable (T fare I think). Called CS, and explained; they had me e-mail a .pdf of the accident report, and refunded 100% of my fare.

- My most recent trip in mid Nov, I had a flight to SFO via LAX. The DTW-LAX leg was on one of the new 739s. This was before wi-fi was approved on these brand new birds. However, the flight was advertised as having wi-fi, so I called to see what could be done. They re-booked me on the non-stop to SFO on an A320, without batting an eye. ...no change fee, no upcharge to the higher fare, no questions asked.

I could cite more instances where they really stepped up. Needless to say, IMHO, DL has the best front-line CS of all the domestics. AA was getting better, but we'll see after the US merger (I have a bad taste in my mouth from more than one bad US CS experience). Haven’t' flown UA/CO in quite some time, so can't offer recent perspective there. However, from reading their boards, I get the feeling it’s no better than US.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:15 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I personally prefer the BE upgrade on the redeye rather than the daytime leg.
I prefer the upgrade on both legs....

But, yes, I do agree, if one has to clear (or shall we say, be available) at the time of booking (which is basically my metric for booking an M-fare); I'd prefer the overnight redeye to clear in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
National Rubber Ducky Day!

I've just been told Jan 13 is the day. How did I not know this?

...and more importantly, how is everyone celebrating?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by jfe

Most cops won't bother stopping that base V6 model, even if Race Red. Now if you had grabbed that Cobra at the end of the aisle.....
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:22 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Most cops won't bother stopping that base V6 model, even if Race Red. Now if you had grabbed that Cobra at the end of the aisle.....
There is no Emerald aisle at BHM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.