Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Sounds like a good deal to me, especially since the connection is on the day-time westbound flights. I'd definitely try to preserve the non-stop on the redeye like you did if I could only have the non-stop in one direction. The new-ish SkyTeam lounge in LHR is supposed to be pretty nice and might not be too crowded on a Saturday.

Last edited by mattp1987; Jan 18, 2014 at 7:51 am Reason: Typing skills
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:28 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Sounds like a good deal to me, especially since the connection is on the day-time westbound flights. I'd definitely try to preserve the non-stop on the redeye like you did if I could only have the redeye in one direction. The new-ish SkyTeam lounge in LHR is supposed to be pretty nice and might not be too crowded on a Saturday.
I have no idea about the configuration of LHR vis-a-vis connecting from a AMS-LHR to a LHR-BOS flight; but I'm certain someone will chime in.

The connection doesn't "thrill me," but was hard to resist the change in itinerary for a lower price, while booking directly into BusinessElite.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Not mine, but:

Dogs think "It provides me with food, water, and a warm place to live. It must be a god."

Cats think "It provides me with food, water, and a warm place to live. I must be a god."
Meanwhile, with the click of a button, I'm plAAt until mAAy31st!

David
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Not mine, but:

Dogs think "It provides me with food, water, and a warm place to live. It must be a god."

Cats think "It provides me with food, water, and a warm place to live. I AM a god."
FIFY
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
UPDATE :

This will be my first time flying through LHR, so I hope it won't be too painful. I'm a bit of a "princess" when it comes to nonstop flights but :
(a) saving €s
(b) saving SWUs for future use
(c) being booked in BE
(d) arriving about an hour earlier in BOS (albeit, leaving earlier from AMS)

was too much to pass up for this short 3 day trip.
Nice ^
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
BTW - TGIF - I really am ready for a drink.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Thank you, GRALISTAIR, for the reminder that I need to get away from the stupid laptop, fire up a drink, and get dinner going!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
FIFY
Right!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Hear, hear! ...but I don't have plans 'til 2300. If I have a drink while chatting with my FT buddies, does that count as not drinking alone?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackal
I'm hurriedly working on some stuff now as I'm trying to leave for NYC tonight. My goal was to leave at 10...not sure how feasible that will be, and if I push it much beyond that, I'm not sure I can stay awake long enough to make it up there tonight. Might have to postpone until tomorrow...
Did you leave last night?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Howste
Wow, four more FC seats just opened up on my JFK-SLC flight tomorrow. I wonder what happened. I may actually have a chance at a BFUG after all.
Well, my chance at a BFUG turned into a flight from PHL-SLC on United - middle seat in the back. DL had better give me ORC for this.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I was the last to clear into F on my delayed flight last night. Since it was delayed no PDBs. Once the door was closed the pilots announced an ATC delay of 30 minutes due to traffic into ATL. PDBs were served! One round on the ground and one round (a double) in the air isn't bad for a 271 mile flight.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by kipper
Did you leave last night?
No. In fact, I didn't make it out until 8pm last night. I'm up here, now, and what a weekend to come up...it's blowin' and snowin'...

So I went to my doctor the other day for a travel consult, only my doctor doesn't do them, so I saw one of the two other doctors in the practice that does travel consults. I told him I was heading to India for two weeks, and he prescribed Malarone. Only he prescribed four pills.

Apparently he misread the dosing information and thought it was a weekly pill, not a daily dose. Oops.

Fortunately, an email to him resulted in a fixed prescription, although now I have to find time to get over to Costco after I get back home and before flying out next week. Still, if he's one of only two doctors in the (rather large) practice who is authorized to do a travel consult, that means he should do a lot of them and be relatively knowledgeable about travel medicine...and you'd think he'd know his malaria pills a bit better...

Last edited by jackal; Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 am
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackal
No. In fact, I didn't make it out until 8pm last night. I'm up here, now, and what a weekend to come up...it's blowin' and snowin'...

So I went to my doctor the other day for a travel consult, only my doctor doesn't do them, so I saw one of the two other doctors in the practice that does travel consults. I told him I was heading to India for two weeks, and he prescribed Malarone. Only he prescribed four pills.

Apparently he misread the dosing information and thought it was a weekly pill, not a daily dose. Oops.

Fortunately, an email to him resulted in a fixed prescription, although now I have to find time to get over to Costco after I get back home and before flying out next week. Still, if he's one of only two doctors in the (rather large) practice who is authorized to do a travel consult, that means he should do a lot of them and be relatively knowledgeable about travel medicine...and you'd think he'd know his malaria pills a bit better...
Sorry!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 1:10 pm

Happy with my flight redemption today.
CVG-YYC September 5-8, cheapest showing on ITA is $811, or $925 for Delta with 1 stop each way, more stops are not desirable to me. Especially since I'm not going to pay.

Went to check the award space and I show 40k miles as the only outbound options I like, and 40k for the return, so I pick my flights and it sums that total to 32500....winning! OK, not a hugest of scores, but 32500 miles for $900 worth of paid flight makes this totally worth it to me. I see lots of anecdotal evidence of Delta.com showing a lower level then advancing to a higher mileage total, so I just wanted to report that it actually happens in the other direction, occasionally.

Add in my 2 free nights at the Fairmont Banff Springs, and I am excited for my value

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.