Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Flying WN tomorrow for the first time in almost 2 years. Got A30, so it won't be too bad...
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy college basketball season, all! I'll be on DAY-ATL for the first half of my team's game, but I hope to catch the second half in the airport.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dovster
kipper did not fly to TLV-- yet.

She will arrive late Saturday night and immediately come to my house. She plans to sleep in my bed every night for a week.

She arranged this after learning that I am leaving for Italy on Saturday evening and will be spending 7 nights there.
Shh, that was supposed to be our little secret.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Happy college basketball season, all! I'll be on DAY-ATL for the first half of my team's game, but I hope to catch the second half in the airport.
Wont see you then as I am flying AA tonight DAY-ORD-TUL
Car Rental Saturday drive TUL - MCI

Sunday Morning DL MCI-ATL-DAY

All upgrades through except DAY-ORD as that is an ERJ145
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Good morning fellow Loungers! I am going to Georgia today for the second time on my life on an airline that is not Delta. I am going to Savannah! Any ideas on what to do today (keep in mind I will be driving) would be greatly appreciated

-J.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Also free bourbon samples in T5 through Wednesday... I have a new second favorite and it is Basil Hayden's. Woodford will always hold a special place in my heart.

-J.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
BH is good ... I am quickly becoming a Blanton's fan however (but not so much that I'll start passing up Woodford!)
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Please don't ever tell me about "delta.dumb" ever again.

I am flying on Alitalia tomorrow morning at 05:55. They require you to be at the airport in TLV two hours before take off and recommend three hours.

I live a three hour drive from the airport, meaning that I would have to leave my house at 00:55 in order to make the two hour limit.

I printed out my boarding pass (actually 3 boarding passes as I am going with my daughter and my ex) and they gave me the right time for the flight but said I have to be at the gate by 00:00.

That was at 7 pm and I would have had to leave by 9 to get there. I could have made it but I had no desire to sit in the airport for 6 hours -- especially as I can't check in until 3 hours before the flight.

The problem is that I didn't know if the flight is still scheduled for 05:55 or if some irrops problem pushed it up a few hours. I tried calling Alitalia in Israel, but they were closed.

I then called their office in Italy, got a recording in Italian telling me which number I had to press, had to listen to it twice before I understood it, and finally got through to a rep. She printed out a new boarding pass for me, sent it by e-mail, but it said the same thing.

She told me she had to ask her superior. The superior had no idea of which was right -- the departure time or the boarding time. The superior sent an e-mail to someone else and the rep told me to call back in a half hour.

I did so, spoke with a different rep, he checked with that superior, and was told that the take off is still at 05:55 and they have no idea of why their computer is insisting that I be at the gate at 00:00 but it is wrong.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
just because alitalia.dumber exists doesn't mean that delta.dumb doesn't exist.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Also free bourbon samples in T5 through Wednesday... I have a new second favorite and it is Basil Hayden's. Woodford will always hold a special place in my heart.

-J.
T5 of what airport? JFK?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:17 pm

Well, I ended up doing B2 to E29 in ATL in 11 minutes from our official arrival time until I boarded the second plane last night. It had been awhile since I'd run through an airport like that. I was trying to catch the last flight of the night, and the first flight today wouldn't have landed in SAT until almost noon. I even had time for a PDB but decided to have a margarita instead of Woodford as I caught my breath.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:53 pm

We've added a new family member... Schultz!

Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
We've added a new family member... Schultz!
Congrats, he's a cutie! Please give a welcome skritch on the head for me.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:59 pm

We have a new family member... Schultz!

Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by kipper
We have a new family member... Schultz!

Nice!

You could change his name to Schlitz in honor of the once great beer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.