Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
All,

My brother just got a package today. We just send it out last week. I'm glad that my niece is really like a dress. Post Office is much cheaper than FedEx. FedEx is too extremely expensive.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/1M
Originally Posted by kipper
I should add that if you were a female, trying to enter a male dorm, it was extremely easy to enter. If you were a male, trying to enter a female dorm, it wasn't quite as easy to enter.
Or you carried a tennis ball in your backpack, tossed it at the window, and received prompt enough attention from sweetie. Once in a blue moon, my good looks were even enough to get me in with a smile. But on most days, my looks were enough to make sure every room and hallway was locked and bolted shut.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Everything you say is true :P Although all the dorms here are mixed. And since there's a relatively small student population, sometimes you have to wait more than a few minutes I had the number for security typed into my phone and was about to hit send when I saw a kid who lives on my hall approaching the building

-J.
When I was in school, very few of the dorms were mixed. Most were all female or all male.
Originally Posted by scoow
When I was in school, if you wanted to enter a dorm you opened the door (if it wasn't propped open in nice weather) & walked in. Even classrooms & the library were open 24/7. I remember being shocked visiting the campus a few years later and finding all the dorms locked. At least the key to the astromony closet was still "hidden" in the same place so anyone could borrow a telescope.
When I was in school, they were locked 24/7, and could only be opened by swiping your ID card in a card reader at your dorm.
Originally Posted by Formulanone
Or you carried a tennis ball in your backpack, tossed it at the window, and received prompt enough attention from sweetie. Once in a blue moon, my good looks were even enough to get me in with a smile. But on most days, my looks were enough to make sure every room and hallway was locked and bolted shut.
I can't say I ever did that, although I did have a lot of guys willing to let me into the guys' dorm.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:47 pm

Cobaka chewed through the bandage holding her splint onto her paw. The really bad news is that it looks like her paw might be infected. I have a call in to the vet's office, and am waiting to see if she wants to see her tomorrow or if she just is going to call in antibiotics and see her on Friday.

Cobaka is now wearing an E-collar, aka "The Cone of Shame."
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Sounds like a good day to go back to bed for an hour or two!
Originally Posted by N830MH
Not good! So what happened your teacher? Is she sick today?
Originally Posted by jackal
Free time? It's called going back to sleep.
Originally Posted by skchin
Was it cancelled due to false bomb threat or gunman loose on campus or self imposed cancellation due to video/pc games?
I got up as usual at 7:30 and took a shower. Once I was ready to go I checked online and saw that my Economics professor had cancelled all of his classes for the day. I didn't go back to sleep actually. I couldn't do that even if I tried. Once I'm awake, I'm awake.

But I did enjoy some extra time getting some things done in the library before another class.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by N639DL
I got up as usual at 7:30 and took a shower. Once I was ready to go I checked online and saw that my Economics professor had cancelled all of his classes for the day. I didn't go back to sleep actually. I couldn't do that even if I tried. Once I'm awake, I'm awake.

But I did enjoy some extra time getting some things done in the library before another class.
Be sure to ask for ORC or IDB compensation for the canceled class.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
You pay commissions to your boss?

No, I don't think so. I think I just hadn't consumed enough coffee this morning.
My boss arranges work for me.
I get paid directly from 3rd party.
I pay part of it to my boss (labor)
I've also done hiring campaigns where I work directly for my boss.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I didn't go back to sleep actually. I couldn't do that even if I tried. Once I'm awake, I'm awake.
Yeah, I understand how that is. I'm the same way. Doesn't matter whether I've had 9 hours or 2.5 hours of sleep--once I actually get up, take a shower, and start moving around, it's a minimum of 18 or so hours before I actually feel tired enough to fall asleep again, and if I try to go to bed before that, I just end up staring at the ceiling and counting sheep or something. I can't nap, both because it's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep, and also once I am asleep, I am asleep for good--transitioning back to a wakeful state is a painful experience.

I have learned that my body has a very strong affiliation with Newton's first law of motion. (It also has a strong affiliation with Newton's third law of motion, in that for every ounce of energy I put into trying to wake myself up, my body exerts an ounce of energy falling back asleep, and every ounce of energy I spend falling asleep, my body exerts an equal ounce of energy staying awake. Very frustrating sometimes...)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Cobaka chewed through the bandage holding her splint onto her paw. The really bad news is that it looks like her paw might be infected. I have a call in to the vet's office, and am waiting to see if she wants to see her tomorrow or if she just is going to call in antibiotics and see her on Friday.

Cobaka is now wearing an E-collar, aka "The Cone of Shame."

Another place I went once freshman year, and haven't been since. Found that it's much easier to get work done in a quiet environment, where I am most comfortable. You also don't have to be fully clothed...

Originally Posted by Howste
Be sure to ask for ORC or IDB compensation for the canceled class.
LOL

Originally Posted by jackal
Yeah, I understand how that is. I'm the same way. Doesn't matter whether I've had 9 hours or 2.5 hours of sleep--once I actually get up, take a shower, and start moving around, it's a minimum of 18 or so hours before I actually feel tired enough to fall asleep again, and if I try to go to bed before that, I just end up staring at the ceiling and counting sheep or something. I can't nap, both because it's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep, and also once I am asleep, I am asleep for good--transitioning back to a wakeful state is a painful experience.

I have learned that my body has a very strong affiliation with Newton's first law of motion. (It also has a strong affiliation with Newton's third law of motion, in that for every ounce of energy I put into trying to wake myself up, my body exerts an ounce of energy falling back asleep, and every ounce of energy I spend falling asleep, my body exerts an equal ounce of energy staying awake. Very frustrating sometimes...)
Wish I could train my body to do that!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Make sure if you call the teacher or emailing them. If they have class today. It's whether if your teacher who not show up at the class. Depends if the teacher who called-in sick or doctor appointment.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Holy cow it's late!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ashR1Na8qx0

Good night everybody!!!

-J.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: Skyteam
Once I'm awake, I'm awake.
It was different back in the 90's. You were awake but, still sleepy.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:13 am

She's not happy. She insisted on not moving from the bed unless carried this morning. She then insisted on being carried down the steps, and refused to move once in the yard until I removed the cone.
Another place I went once freshman year, and haven't been since. Found that it's much easier to get work done in a quiet environment, where I am most comfortable. You also don't have to be fully clothed...
A library? What is that? Does every college campus have one?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

A library? What is that?
It is the part of the campus where you can find stacked co-eds.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
It is the part of the campus where you can find stacked co-eds.
So that's why you spent so much time there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.