FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:45 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Cobaka chewed through the bandage holding her splint onto her paw. The really bad news is that it looks like her paw might be infected. I have a call in to the vet's office, and am waiting to see if she wants to see her tomorrow or if she just is going to call in antibiotics and see her on Friday.

Cobaka is now wearing an E-collar, aka "The Cone of Shame."

Originally Posted by N639DL
I got up as usual at 7:30 and took a shower. Once I was ready to go I checked online and saw that my Economics professor had cancelled all of his classes for the day. I didn't go back to sleep actually. I couldn't do that even if I tried. Once I'm awake, I'm awake.

But I did enjoy some extra time getting some things done in the library before another class.
Another place I went once freshman year, and haven't been since. Found that it's much easier to get work done in a quiet environment, where I am most comfortable. You also don't have to be fully clothed...

Originally Posted by Howste
Be sure to ask for ORC or IDB compensation for the canceled class.
LOL

Originally Posted by jackal
Yeah, I understand how that is. I'm the same way. Doesn't matter whether I've had 9 hours or 2.5 hours of sleep--once I actually get up, take a shower, and start moving around, it's a minimum of 18 or so hours before I actually feel tired enough to fall asleep again, and if I try to go to bed before that, I just end up staring at the ceiling and counting sheep or something. I can't nap, both because it's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep, and also once I am asleep, I am asleep for good--transitioning back to a wakeful state is a painful experience.

I have learned that my body has a very strong affiliation with Newton's first law of motion. (It also has a strong affiliation with Newton's third law of motion, in that for every ounce of energy I put into trying to wake myself up, my body exerts an ounce of energy falling back asleep, and every ounce of energy I spend falling asleep, my body exerts an equal ounce of energy staying awake. Very frustrating sometimes...)
Wish I could train my body to do that!