FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:20 am
timmy83

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by madchemiker
I decided to post my introduction here because probably as many of you feel about the way I do, that Delta, although not perfect (what large corporation is?), seems from my perspective to be a decent airline to get me from point A to B. Maybe it's also because Delta seems to serve many of the more rural locales that are less serviced by other airlines. Shoutout...ok, no wait, thats just not my style. Simply let it be known I have a significant fondness for the OMA/LNK.

To be honest, I just cant sleep tonight. I don't know how much I will post to the forum, but I am very interested in gleaning what knowledge I can before my eyes start to hurt and my brain liquefies.

Anyway, so I did have a pretty BIG question. Where on this whole forum can I find the definitive guide to abbreviations used? I understand IATA/ICAO and state abbreviations, but some of the program abbreviations seem either made up on the spot or refer to some description that I have yet to fathom. For example, why is general membership in a FFP briefly called FO?
Hello and welcome.

As for your specific question about FOs, I'll refer you here: What is an “FO?”

For other abbreviations, I'll refer you to the flyertalk glossary

Perhaps I'll see you in OMA soon! Best of luck with all of your travels!