Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
For those that do not have our younger member on their plonk list, this has the potential "observing a trainwreck" fascination aspect going for it.

(our younger member decided to jump into the waters of TS/S headfirst down to 65', without first testing the waters with a toe to determine the temperature)
DevilDog, at age 19 I joined the U.S. Army -- which was one heck of a headache more than making an unpopular post can cause.

I believe that you became a Marine around that age and found that Boot Camp is not the most fun thing in the world either.

I think that enlisting was the right step for me. I would not be surprised to learn that you feel the same.

If putting himself on the firing line with a post that will get a lot of people upset with him is what our young friend feels that he should do, I am not about to say that he erred.

You and I both paid the price of our decisions and he is free to do the same.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
For those that do not have our younger member on their plonk list, this has the potential "observing a trainwreck" fascination aspect going for it.

(our younger member decided to jump into the waters of TS/S headfirst down to 65', without first testing the waters with a toe to determine the temperature)
Must. Not. Submit. To. The. Temptation.

(edited for spelling)
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Must. Not. Submit. To. The. Tempatation.
Curses! Foiled again!!!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by Dovster
Curses! Foiled again!!!
You've got a long time between now and February to change my mind .
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:54 pm

I am a big fan of the fourth stanza of The Star-Spangled Banner, especially the lines which read, "Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just."
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond

Most of the replies were along the lines of "when you grow up" & "when you are more mature".
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL, AA
If anyone hasn't seen it, IB has announced a new Community Director.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-director.html
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by scoow
If everyone has seen it, does that mean that IB has not announced a new Community Director?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
If everyone has seen it, does that mean that IB has not announced a new Community Director?
No. Not yet.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
So...within 2 weeks of getting my DM Job Well Done certificates, I've already allocated them out.

Some sort of shenanigans might have been involved with this.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
The lounge is looking good on a Tuesday evening.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton

I was just about to post that, but thank you for doing so for me.

DevilDog, at age 19 I joined the U.S. Army.
Thank You for your service to our country.

Originally Posted by scoow
Thank you for posting...I've been interested to know who would take that position. Like I said in that thread, congrats to SanDiego1K and good luck with the change in position in FT.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
DevilDog, at age 19 I joined the U.S. Army -- which was one heck of a headache more than making an unpopular post can cause.

I believe that you became a Marine around that age and found that Boot Camp is not the most fun thing in the world either.

I think that enlisting was the right step for me. I would not be surprised to learn that you feel the same.

If putting himself on the firing line with a post that will get a lot of people upset with him is what our young friend feels that he should do, I am not about to say that he erred.

You and I both paid the price of our decisions and he is free to do the same.
I agree with the fact that he has a right to express his opinion. I just found the opinion amusing and ill-advised, given the temperament of that forum in particular.

Like you, I enlisted when I was 19 (graduated PI six days prior to my 20th birthday) and do not regret the decision to enlist. The decision to go into the MOS that I did and get assigned to the bassackwards unit that I was a part of, that I truly regret, as it led to me falling victim to the 1995 RIF that hit the USMC(R) pretty hard.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: One Star 'n Sky
BamaGirl, I predict you will not be disappointed come February and have a delightful evening in Sin City.

Mr. Dovster can be quite the charmer when he wants to be...

*\|/* *\|/*
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt

I do believe that I have a few comments to say on that front with regards to the TSA's "power-hungryness."

But first, let me begin by extending a very warm greetings from Perth, where it is 88 degrees and I am planning on spending the last few days of relaxing before I make my way over to FIH to actually do some work--and possibly attempt at trying to find some "river monsters" in the Congo River.

And, it appears that for thanksgiving, my family is heading to Jo'burg, which will be quite interesting as my mother--who refuses to fly on anything other than Boeing or McDonnell-Douglas (she works for Boeing) is forced to take an A340-600 operated by SA. At least I get to see a lovely 737-200 operated by the always pleasant staff at TAAG Linhas Aereas de Angola (the name kinda rolls off the tongue).

Any takers on joining me in FIH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.