Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by samm
Their Twitter support stated the date that matters is the date your challenge begins, not the date you submit the application. If anyone later has an issue with this and needs to fight Delta for whatever reason, feel free to use this screenshot.
Thank you! This social media manager was far more
helpful than the ones I dealt with!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by TomMM
Membership card
Sorry, I have no physical credentials from AA. I heard they stopped printing them out a few years ago, but then they restarted, etc. I never chased American after them as I thought they were more of a novelty.. If I don't have a physical membership card, what else will suffice or am I misunderstanding something?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:31 am

Sorry, I have no physical credentials from AA. I heard they stopped printing them out a few years ago, but then they restarted, etc. I never chased American after them as I thought they were more of a novelty.. If I don't have a physical membership card, what else will suffice or am I misunderstanding something?
I'm not familiar with AA's FFP but can't you just use a screenshot of the digital membership card or download a PDF membership card? That works with most programs.
rdh0924 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:00 am

On TUE 6/25 I submitted a screenshot of my Southwest Rapid Rewards account info, showing status thru 2020, as well as the number of segments flown and points earned, along with a screenshot of my profile info. Waiting for response
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by nosedive
I'm not familiar with AA's FFP but can't you just use a screenshot of the digital membership card or download a PDF membership card? That works with most programs.
Yep, this is what I did with my Premier 1K membership card.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Their Twitter support stated the date that matters is the date your challenge begins, not the date you submit the application. If anyone later has an issue with this and needs to fight Delta for whatever reason, feel free to use this screenshot.
Thanks! Submitted my details this morning; with any luck maybe someone will review by Friday.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Submitted just now. I have been burned too many times to chance a similar outcome. Will post with updates and time line.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
Match questions

I have a couple of questions that I haven't found answers to, relating to my specific scenario and I'm hoping someone can share insights.
  1. If I match to Platinum in October, does the period run till Jan 2020 or does it end 30 Dec 2019 like the regular qualifications?
  2. Will the match that starts in October also include the Jan-Sep 2019 MQMs towards the tier / match criteria?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
I have a couple of questions that I haven't found answers to, relating to my specific scenario and I'm hoping someone can share insights.
Have you read the wiki on this thread, or the DL website page about status match/challenge?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...hallenge.html/

[*]If I match to Platinum in October, does the period run till Jan 2020 or does it end 30 Dec 2019 like the regular qualifications?
"If you enroll in the challenge on or after July 1, 2019 and you complete the requirements, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2021."

[*]Will the match that starts in October also include the Jan-Sep 2019 MQMs towards the tier / match criteria?
"Enjoying your complimentary Medallion Status? Extend it by earning the required amount of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) during the 3 month complimentary period"
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Zorak
"If you enroll in the challenge on or after July 1, 2019 and you complete the requirements, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2021."
I believe in this case OP is asking whether the three-month window would be truncated to 31-Dec-19, to which the answer is no - it's 3 months from the match.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Data point:
looks like the Twitter magic doesn't work that well. A promise by the Twitter team to send an expedite request has not garnered any results.

Last edited by DreamHigh; Jul 3, 2019 at 10:50 am
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:30 am

Yeah, applied online last TUE 6/25, hoping to get enrolled by Monday 7/8 with 6 segments next week
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:50 pm

DL Twitter told me they don't do expedite requests. Flying today in paid intl biz class. Has anyone had any luck requesting they move the effective date back a few days?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by cooltyler
DL Twitter told me they don't do expedite requests. Flying today in paid intl biz class. Has anyone had any luck requesting they move the effective date back a few days?
Someone earlier in this thread had success, they made the 90-day end date earlier too to keep it at 90 days
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
13 days to process, but got burned by the "cannot open attachments"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.