Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by findark
Can you take a screenshot of the flight-only activity? That's basically what I did with United.
I'm thinking along those lines. It is LAST year's flying that I think they want ... to prove my current 75K status isn't comped.
That would be 4 web-pages of data. That's why I 1st thought of using the AS Web's option to export to Excel, but that won't look official. So 4 screenshots it will be.
I just doesn't seem to me that others have gone through that trouble.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by steve64
I'm thinking along those lines. It is LAST year's flying that I think they want ... to prove my current 75K status isn't comped.
That would be 4 web-pages of data. That's why I 1st thought of using the AS Web's option to export to Excel, but that won't look official. So 4 screenshots it will be.
I submitted a several-thousand pixel tall image of my UA flight activity
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Can someone here confirm that the Delta status match requirement for extending Gold past the 3 months period of 12,500 MQM is on DL metal only? I see no indication on DL's website that ST carriers like MU flights won't count.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can someone here confirm that the Delta status match requirement for extending Gold past the 3 months period of 12,500 MQM is on DL metal only? I see no indication on DL's website that ST carriers like MU flights won't count.
The DL website explicitly states that partner flights will count provided they are MQM-earning. See the FAQ section at the bottom, "What flights can I earn MQMs, MQSs or MQDs on for this challenge?"
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
The DL website explicitly states that partner flights will count provided they are MQM-earning. See the FAQ section at the bottom, "What flights can I earn MQMs, MQSs or MQDs on for this challenge?"
That's what I thought...I created another thread because I didn't see this thread. I basically said flying MU on t-pac flight with 100% MQM earning and I'll basically meet the MQM requirement for gold. Someone else said that the ToS stated the MQM requirement for status challenge is only on DL metal. I got confused and need confirmation from the experts here.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically how long does it take for DL to decide whether to grant a status challenge or not? Assuming I've never requested a status challenge and I do have an elite status with a qualified airline, in this case OZ, what are the odds they'll turn me down? Any data points about people being declined under such a scenario?

So I'm asking these questions now because I will be attaining OZ Diamond very soon. Given that we only get 90 days to meet the requirements, I want to book my ST carrier flight, most likely with MU, as soon as possible so that I can get the best price. Let's say for example, I achieve OZ Diamond on September 1st. My understanding is that OZ doesn't send out cards anymore. I'm not even sure if they send out any statements. What's the fastest way to give DL what they need to process my request? I want to book a flight for October. If I attain OZ Diamond on September 1st, can I make plans for October based on the assumption that DL will grant me the status challenge? Or it's too risky given how close the timeframe is?

What do you guys think?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Deleted due to me asking a stupid question which I have now answered for myself !!

Last edited by Fitch; Aug 3, 2019 at 11:13 am
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by steve64
All you need to do is take a screen shot of your flight activity that is what I did when I did the challenge and DL was happy with that.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically how long does it take for DL to decide whether to grant a status challenge or not? Assuming I've never requested a status challenge and I do have an elite status with a qualified airline, in this case OZ, what are the odds they'll turn me down? Any data points about people being declined under such a scenario?

So I'm asking these questions now because I will be attaining OZ Diamond very soon. Given that we only get 90 days to meet the requirements, I want to book my ST carrier flight, most likely with MU, as soon as possible so that I can get the best price. Let's say for example, I achieve OZ Diamond on September 1st. My understanding is that OZ doesn't send out cards anymore. I'm not even sure if they send out any statements. What's the fastest way to give DL what they need to process my request? I want to book a flight for October. If I attain OZ Diamond on September 1st, can I make plans for October based on the assumption that DL will grant me the status challenge? Or it's too risky given how close the timeframe is?

What do you guys think?
Good afternoon everybody, just wondering if any DL experts can comment on this?

Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:02 pm

Good afternoon everybody, just wondering if any DL experts can comment on this?

Thank you.
Timeline for getting approved? Multiple recent examples in this very thread; I submitted on TUE June 25 and approved on SUN July 7

Info needed from the other airline? Also multiple examples in this thread; I submitted a screenshot from my online account showing I had status thru 2019 with 26 flights completed in 2019 so far, and a screenshot of my profile info (Name, address, etc)
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:24 am

My challenge feedback from Iberia Gold to Skymiles Gold (sucess): Delta SkyMiles Report: Challenge | StatusMatcher
It took 15 days.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Wrong status given

My status request was approved, but I provided all documentation for AA Exec Plat status and was only given a Gold status match. I replied to the confirmation email but is it worth trying to call SM? Considering it took two weeks to get the status match approved, I’d rather not wait another two weeks for them to fix. Anyone else have them match to the wrong status and was it easily resolved?
estroh likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How often does DL deny a status challenge request? I already have 3 UA flights booked and when completed I'll have *G through OZ. I plan to apply for a DL status challenge the second I obtain *G through OZ. If DL sees my documentation, they're going to see that I just obtained *G. Could this lead them to think that I haven't had status long enough to warrant giving me a status challenge? I kind of want to book a flight for the later part of this year even though I haven't requested a status challenge. I'm coming from the perspective that DL will give me the status challenge no matter what if I can prove that I have *G through OZ.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
How often does DL deny a status challenge request? I already have 3 UA flights booked and when completed I'll have *G through OZ. I plan to apply for a DL status challenge the second I obtain *G through OZ. If DL sees my documentation, they're going to see that I just obtained *G. Could this lead them to think that I haven't had status long enough to warrant giving me a status challenge? I kind of want to book a flight for the later part of this year even though I haven't requested a status challenge. I'm coming from the perspective that DL will give me the status challenge no matter what if I can prove that I have *G through OZ.
Yes.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
Yes.
Sorry, but can you please elaborate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.