Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
At least we'll have a clear data point on what the rollover situation is early next year!

Congrats on hitting silver gold silver gold
DrAlex and speed.skater like this.

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 24, 2019 at 1:12 am Reason: Missing word
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Approved within a day. Shame you can’t request a certain (later) starting date because the 14 day window for processing is quite long.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
Just to toss another data point for folks...

I filled out the web for for the challenge on Sep 27th. ( Coming from JetBlue Mosaic ). They replied Sept 28th requesting info, apparently the attachments did not save with the form. I replied on the 29th with PDF copies of everything they requested, and got the enrollment email on Sep 30th.

WAY faster than I expected for sure.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:45 pm

Appears the slow response times are right around the busy July period where you maximize the benefit time
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Originally Posted by TBeecherII
Just to toss another data point for folks...

I filled out the web for for the challenge on Sep 27th. ( Coming from JetBlue Mosaic ). They replied Sept 28th requesting info, apparently the attachments did not save with the form. I replied on the 29th with PDF copies of everything they requested, and got the enrollment email on Sep 30th.

WAY faster than I expected for sure.
I got same-day Service this week: submitted application and docs around 1:15 or 1:30, received acknowledgment email just after 2:00, received welcome email a little before 8:00, saying temporary status would be effective the next day.

So the whole process took 7 hours or less.

This was matching AA Gold to DL Silver.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:39 pm

Hi,

I just got matched to Delta Platinum Medallion challenge.
I am based out of UK currently so as I understand the MQD requirement is waived?

i am planning the following itinerary in November and not quite sure how to calculate whether it’s sufficient to complete the challenge or whether i need to book specific fare or will need additional flight to hit it?
The below are all economy flights.

EDI-JFK
JFK-AUS
AUS-LAX
LAX-EDI (either via JFK all on Delta metal or via CDG/AMS with LAX departure in Delta and short connection on AF or KLM)

Last edited by Smorek; Oct 7, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Will KLM paid business class flights receive credit at 200% MQM? If so that sounds like a better option than DL's own flights which only provide 150% MQM on discounted C.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Will KLM paid business class flights receive credit at 200% MQM? If so that sounds like a better option than DL's own flights which only provide 150% MQM on discounted C.
Sorry I forgot to add these are intended as Economy flights.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smorek
Sorry I forgot to add these are intended as Economy flights.
Um, no. You are a good deal short of 18,500 MQM's -- Great Circle Mapper
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
No, only full J, just like DL.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So 150% for paid business class on KLM (e.g. non-J)

And don't worry about the calculation, the flights include connections beyond Amsterdam. I know how to use Great Circle Mapper.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So 150% for paid business class on KLM (e.g. non-J)

And don't worry about the calculation, the flights include connections beyond Amsterdam. I know how to use Great Circle Mapper.
Not sure of your point. The poster is flying economy, not business, and will be well short of the 18.5K required for the Plat match.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
I got same-day Service this week: submitted application and docs around 1:15 or 1:30, received acknowledgment email just after 2:00, received welcome email a little before 8:00, saying temporary status would be effective the next day.

So the whole process took 7 hours or less.

This was matching AA Gold to DL Silver.
Yea, me too! Maybe mine wasn't as fast as yours? I submitted the form this morning at about 6:38 AM EDT. At 6:10 PM EDT, I got a confirmation email from Delta confirming my enrollment. My online account doesn't show Gold status or give me any indication that I'm enrolled in the status challenge though. Guess that will take another day or two to be shown in my account? Regardless, I already got my flight booked and I'll easily meet the MQMs required to satisfy DL's requirement.
Kamalaasaa likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Originally Posted by lsquare
Yea, me too! Maybe mine wasn't as fast as yours? I submitted the form this morning at about 6:38 AM EDT. At 6:10 PM EDT, I got a confirmation email from Delta confirming my enrollment. My online account doesn't show Gold status or give me any indication that I'm enrolled in the status challenge though. Guess that will take another day or two to be shown in my account? Regardless, I already got my flight booked and I'll easily meet the MQMs required to satisfy DL's requirement.
I think my status showed up online the next day.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
I think my status showed up online the next day.
I just read that email again and it says my status will start as of tomorrow. No biggie. I already have two MU trans-pacific flights booked for the next two months. I'm thinking of booking a third one if the price is right. Still short of achieving Platinum status before the end of the year. Next year, I'll most likely hit at least Platinum status with my current plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.