Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2000, 10:10 am
Original Poster

I am CO Elite, but it appears that I will be flying DL a lot this year. I'd like to be able to get upgrades during the many trips, rather than having to wait for ~the 15th trip to be eligible.

Does DL have any program where they will match elite/medalian status of other airlines? Who @ DL should I contact?

Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 10:18 am
Original Member

There must eb at least three threads on this in the last few months. A search will answer your questions.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 11:43 am
Suspended

Not all the time,the best you can get is their first tier which is Silver, which I got comped coming from another carrier where I did 100k+ a yr. I no longer have the general fax # out of principle I won't give out priorty #'s. I suggest you call DL @ 1-800-221-1212 ask to be transferred to Skymiles and ask them for the fax#, or try another post to see if someone knows it off-hand.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

I apoligize if my request was redundant -- I searched earlier posts but must have missed them.

I also understand why you would not give out the priority phone numbers -- I wouldn't do that myself.

Thanks for the info
Old Mar 7, 2000, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
I also tried once to get DL to comp status. I'm 100K+ flyer, but DL would only give me SM. For me, it wasn't worth changing for that.
Old Mar 8, 2000, 8:55 am
Suspended

jAAck; the reason I went w/DL is I was fed up with my previous carrier and being based overseas and flying into Lax all i need is 3 rt's per yr to make and keep GM at a cost of under $3,000 all on 'M' fares that are uped. Remember every 20,000 miles 1 free system-wide up so since i had 100,000 in the acct i started out on ups, also by my math i should be able to end up netting 100,000 miles a yr after the ups once i'm a GM. Of cause if they change the rate structure or amount of miles needed i'd have to refigure it again. No prob there's always AA/BA,which is a great 2nd choice.
Old Mar 11, 2000, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I just got comped to DL Gold last week. I wrote a letter to customer service and enclosed copies of my UA PremEx status and the flights I have taken year to date (already 30 segments). I also told them that I was a BA Gold and that I traveled 210,000 actual miles last. All of this was true and they gave me GM.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Will DL match status from another SkyTeam carrier?

I am AF Rouge and was wondering if DL would comp me to GM. It is an international carrier but also part of SkyTeam. I have not heard very many positive stories from people being comped on a US carrier with status on an international carrier.

I don't want to do it now but rather beginning of 2002.

Anyone have experience?
Old Jun 20, 2001, 12:31 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Hard to tell. I don't know exactly how much you had to fly for your AF rouge card, but to get the comp, you must have had activity that is sufficient under DL's Medallion rules.
I know that DL does comp Silver and Gold. No comps to Platinum except for those executive partners 10kster mentioned in another thread.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 6:42 am

What are you looking for out of the comp – upgrades? I think upgrades are the only area that’s not clear about the Skyteam arrangement.

As a DL Platinum (100K miles), when travailing on say Air France I am afforded the privileges of Skyteam Super Elite – my DL PM card says so (thankfully!) This means I get lounge access, check in privileges etc. etc. But what about upgrades? When I’ve asked I sometime get an upgrade on AF, but it doesn’t seem to be a “right” as it is on DL domestic flights – if there’s a 1st class seat open.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 6:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rcs85551:
Hard to tell. I don't know exactly how much you had to fly for your AF rouge card, but to get the comp, you must have had activity that is sufficient under DL's Medallion rules.
I know that DL does comp Silver and Gold. No comps to Platinum except for those executive partners 10kster mentioned in another thread.
</font>
What's this about executive partners? (I did a search and nothing showed up - except this thread!)

Old Jun 20, 2001, 8:31 am

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I actually want to move my status to AA. But I think it will be easier to go from an international SkyTeam member to a US domestic carrier. I want to avoid the Platinum challenge on AA if I can.

I have over 50,000 miles so far this year on AF (mostly DL flights) so I wanted to go for DL GM. I read a thread where SM is easy to get but not GM. SM is not is not worth it. I would rather do the PLT challenge on AA.

I know this sounds confusing and plus I am not even going to do it for another 6 months.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 8:49 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mikepa:
What's this about executive partners? (I did a search and nothing showed up - except this thread!)

</font>
mikepa, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/002959.html
Old May 31, 2002, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
LA CTO sign, "We match elite status."

Sorry if this has been posted in the past. I was at the Beverly Hills CTO today. Delta has a sign up that says (to the effect):

"If you elite with another airline, let the agent know, and we will give you medalion status."

I didn't ask, but I wonder if they will match status, or give only medalion.

Is this new for DL to be so forward?
Old May 31, 2002, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

I have not seen this, but if they give Silver, not a big deal. If person flies a bunch they would have gotten it anyways. If they only fly once.. then no problem either.

If they get Gold, then I have a bit of an issue, but if it means that DL gets lots of business... then maybe not so bad.

If they give out PM - that stinks. We worked way to hard to get ours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.