FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/423426-delta-air-lines-elite-status-match-challenge-definitive-thread.html)

ontheroad Mar 7, 2000 10:10 am

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

I am CO Elite, but it appears that I will be flying DL a lot this year. I'd like to be able to get upgrades during the many trips, rather than having to wait for ~the 15th trip to be eligible.

Does DL have any program where they will match elite/medalian status of other airlines? Who @ DL should I contact?

Thanks.

james Mar 7, 2000 10:18 am

There must eb at least three threads on this in the last few months. A search will answer your questions.

craz Mar 7, 2000 11:43 am

Not all the time,the best you can get is their first tier which is Silver, which I got comped coming from another carrier where I did 100k+ a yr. I no longer have the general fax # out of principle I won't give out priorty #'s. I suggest you call DL @ 1-800-221-1212 ask to be transferred to Skymiles and ask them for the fax#, or try another post to see if someone knows it off-hand.

ontheroad Mar 7, 2000 1:51 pm

I apoligize if my request was redundant -- I searched earlier posts but must have missed them.

I also understand why you would not give out the priority phone numbers -- I wouldn't do that myself.

Thanks for the info

jAAck Mar 7, 2000 11:16 pm

I also tried once to get DL to comp status. I'm 100K+ flyer, but DL would only give me SM. For me, it wasn't worth changing for that.

craz Mar 8, 2000 8:55 am

jAAck; the reason I went w/DL is I was fed up with my previous carrier and being based overseas and flying into Lax all i need is 3 rt's per yr to make and keep GM at a cost of under $3,000 all on 'M' fares that are uped. Remember every 20,000 miles 1 free system-wide up so since i had 100,000 in the acct i started out on ups, also by my math i should be able to end up netting 100,000 miles a yr after the ups once i'm a GM. Of cause if they change the rate structure or amount of miles needed i'd have to refigure it again. No prob there's always AA/BA,which is a great 2nd choice.

bagold Mar 11, 2000 8:40 pm

I just got comped to DL Gold last week. I wrote a letter to customer service and enclosed copies of my UA PremEx status and the flights I have taken year to date (already 30 segments). I also told them that I was a BA Gold and that I traveled 210,000 actual miles last. All of this was true and they gave me GM.

ChanelCinq Jun 19, 2001 11:02 pm

Will DL match status from another SkyTeam carrier?

I am AF Rouge and was wondering if DL would comp me to GM. It is an international carrier but also part of SkyTeam. I have not heard very many positive stories from people being comped on a US carrier with status on an international carrier.

I don't want to do it now but rather beginning of 2002.

Anyone have experience?

rcs85551 Jun 20, 2001 12:31 am

Hard to tell. I don't know exactly how much you had to fly for your AF rouge card, but to get the comp, you must have had activity that is sufficient under DL's Medallion rules.
I know that DL does comp Silver and Gold. No comps to Platinum except for those executive partners 10kster mentioned in another thread.

mikepa Jun 20, 2001 6:42 am

What are you looking for out of the comp – upgrades? I think upgrades are the only area that’s not clear about the Skyteam arrangement.

As a DL Platinum (100K miles), when travailing on say Air France I am afforded the privileges of Skyteam Super Elite – my DL PM card says so (thankfully!) This means I get lounge access, check in privileges etc. etc. But what about upgrades? When I’ve asked I sometime get an upgrade on AF, but it doesn’t seem to be a “right” as it is on DL domestic flights – if there’s a 1st class seat open.

mikepa Jun 20, 2001 6:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rcs85551:
Hard to tell. I don't know exactly how much you had to fly for your AF rouge card, but to get the comp, you must have had activity that is sufficient under DL's Medallion rules.
I know that DL does comp Silver and Gold. No comps to Platinum except for those executive partners 10kster mentioned in another thread.
</font>
What's this about executive partners? (I did a search and nothing showed up - except this thread!)

ChanelCinq Jun 20, 2001 8:31 am

I actually want to move my status to AA. But I think it will be easier to go from an international SkyTeam member to a US domestic carrier. I want to avoid the Platinum challenge on AA if I can.

I have over 50,000 miles so far this year on AF (mostly DL flights) so I wanted to go for DL GM. I read a thread where SM is easy to get but not GM. SM is not is not worth it. I would rather do the PLT challenge on AA.

I know this sounds confusing and plus I am not even going to do it for another 6 months.

rcs85551 Jun 20, 2001 8:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mikepa:
What's this about executive partners? (I did a search and nothing showed up - except this thread!)

</font>
mikepa, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/002959.html

zrs70 May 31, 2002 3:18 pm

LA CTO sign, "We match elite status."

Sorry if this has been posted in the past. I was at the Beverly Hills CTO today. Delta has a sign up that says (to the effect):

"If you elite with another airline, let the agent know, and we will give you medalion status."

I didn't ask, but I wonder if they will match status, or give only medalion.

Is this new for DL to be so forward?

NoStressHere May 31, 2002 4:07 pm

I have not seen this, but if they give Silver, not a big deal. If person flies a bunch they would have gotten it anyways. If they only fly once.. then no problem either.

If they get Gold, then I have a bit of an issue, but if it means that DL gets lots of business... then maybe not so bad.

If they give out PM - that stinks. We worked way to hard to get ours.