Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
If you don't have (or can't find) the physical status card from another carrier, are screenshots of your account page good enough that shows status? I put in a request for match last week and other than the confirmation of my request, I haven't heard peep. My AA status expires at the end of this month as well, so not sure if that is affecting how Delta is looking at my request for match/challenge.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
If you don't have (or can't find) the physical status card from another carrier, are screenshots of your account page good enough that shows status? I put in a request for match last week and other than the confirmation of my request, I haven't heard peep. My AA status expires at the end of this month as well, so not sure if that is affecting how Delta is looking at my request for match/challenge.
That should be OK, if not they will let you know. IT usually takes 2 weeks for DL to get back to you.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Well, it's about the 2-week mark and they said they don't believe that my screenshots of my account are valid (not photo-shopped or edited in any way). Time to scour the house for my Platinum cards... Sheesh.

"You recently submitted elite credentials from another airline for participation in Delta’s SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge. We believe the credentials submitted are not valid, proof of earned elite status for 2018, therefore we will be unable to enroll you in this offer.

We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

Sincerely,
SC Chesna"
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Anyway to get in touch with these people? They have indicated they cannot open my attachments, have asked me to resubmit, but have not included a valid address to reply to. They are the correct file types and below the maximum size allowed.

Thank you for writing in requesting a status match with Delta Air Lines. After reviewing your credentials and account information, our records indicate you do not meet the requirements to be eligible for our Status Match Challenge.

We are unable to open the attachments provided. Please resubmit valid attachments for consideration.

As always we appreciate your interest in our Medallion program. Thank you for continuing to choose Delta Air Lines. We look forward to serving you soon.

Regards,

Customer Care

TWITTER was the answer

Last edited by Dan6681; Jan 31, 2019 at 12:18 pm Reason: Answered my own ?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:07 pm

Replying to my own post above - I reached out to the Twitter team and they sent my screenshots to the status match team for further review. I did provide a few additional emails and screenshots, but they were able to approve the challenge a week later.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:00 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Hi all - a question as I look to successfully complete my challenge from UA 1K to DL Plat.

Currently:

MQM: 3736
MQD: $864

My challenge runs from 12/26 - 3/26. My current plan to finish is a VS premium economy (K class) SFO > LHR > JNB itinerary. According to Circle Mapper, the distance is 10988 miles; with the 150% bonus, I should net 16482 MQMs putting me well of the 18750 MQMs I need to qualify (maybe just being paranoid here if someone could reassure me

My other q is around timing. I'll depart SFO on March 25th at 10pm, arrive LHR March 26th at 130pm, depart for JNB March 26th at 440pm, but will arrive JNB 5:30am on March 27th (ie, the day after my challenge officially ends). I'm sure this has been answered before but couldn't find it easily via search - if the flight departs on the 26th, will I be within the terms of the challenge?

Thank you!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:44 pm

Last year, Delta granted status through January 2020 for anyone who completed the challenge between July and December 2018. Any ideas if Delta will do the same thing this year? Has that been a regular feature for many years?

We're both AS Gold and looking to match due to recent changes in AS fares and benefits.

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:29 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by DNPierson1
Hi all - a question as I look to successfully complete my challenge from UA 1K to DL Plat.

Currently:

MQM: 3736
MQD: $864

My challenge runs from 12/26 - 3/26. My current plan to finish is a VS premium economy (K class) SFO > LHR > JNB itinerary. According to Circle Mapper, the distance is 10988 miles; with the 150% bonus, I should net 16482 MQMs putting me well of the 18750 MQMs I need to qualify (maybe just being paranoid here if someone could reassure me

My other q is around timing. I'll depart SFO on March 25th at 10pm, arrive LHR March 26th at 130pm, depart for JNB March 26th at 440pm, but will arrive JNB 5:30am on March 27th (ie, the day after my challenge officially ends). I'm sure this has been answered before but couldn't find it easily via search - if the flight departs on the 26th, will I be within the terms of the challenge?

Thank you!
I called Delta this morning and a supervisor said this would not qualify, because it arrives on the 27th. Anyone have a data point to the contrary or should I just give up? The flight a day earlier is $700 more.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I reached EXP Status with AA late 2018, been my goto for SBA to SLC through PHX for quite sometime. Well Delta finally after 10 years gone is coming back to SBA nonstop to SLC, and on a reasonable jet vs. the CRJ200. Id be an idiot not to use this new flight, I fly SBA to SLC 40 times a year.

I’m on track again with AA to be EXP and some of the longer flights booked I really don’t have good options on Delta. Plus One World lounge options are so much better than Skyteam as well as partners. Deltas flights in/out of SBA start mid August so not a ton of time although I’m currently Gold with them and have 8k plus rollover MQMs.

Has anyone been able to match to platinum if already having status? I think it could make sense provided the requiremts made sense. Probably just best to stay Gold and try to work on Platinum at years end but with all the way to June booked on AA or other Mileage runs are really that possible and I’ve got four SWUs I won’t be able to use til early fall.

i do have two skymiles cards so there’s 40k MQMS if I put spend on them so I’d almost be 50k....I guess I’ve got to make this change.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I reached EXP Status with AA late 2018, been my goto for SBA to SLC through PHX for quite sometime. Well Delta finally after 10 years gone is coming back to SBA nonstop to SLC, and on a reasonable jet vs. the CRJ200. Id be an idiot not to use this new flight, I fly SBA to SLC 40 times a year.

I’m on track again with AA to be EXP and some of the longer flights booked I really don’t have good options on Delta. Plus One World lounge options are so much better than Skyteam as well as partners. Deltas flights in/out of SBA start mid August so not a ton of time although I’m currently Gold with them and have 8k plus rollover MQMs.

Has anyone been able to match to platinum if already having status? I think it could make sense provided the requiremts made sense. Probably just best to stay Gold and try to work on Platinum at years end but with all the way to June booked on AA or other Mileage runs are really that possible and I’ve got four SWUs I won’t be able to use til early fall.

i do have two skymiles cards so there’s 40k MQMS if I put spend on them so I’d almost be 50k....I guess I’ve got to make this change.
If you've never had a status match/challenge they may do it. Last year I was already Silver Medallion and they gave me a Gold Medallion challenge based on my AA Platinum status.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:49 pm

Submitted status match from Alaska Gold request over the weekend. Flying on 3/8. Two questions:
1. What is processing time looking like (I know they say two weeks - what are people actually seeing?)
2. I submitted the "printable card PDF" from the Alaska website and a screenshot that shows my mileage statement (since Alaska does not send them out). In people's experience is this sufficient?

I did try to contact Delta via Twitter, but their responses have not been anything other than published information.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:58 pm

@GromitInWA it took 2 weeks for them to deny my request a month ago. I provided them screenshots of my account which they said wasn't valid (see my posts above). I had to then follow up with their twitter team to request a re-evaluation of the documentation I sent, plus I sent several more pieces of info like my monthly account statement email. It was approved a week after that.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
@GromitInWA it took 2 weeks for them to deny my request a month ago. I provided them screenshots of my account which they said wasn't valid (see my posts above). I had to then follow up with their twitter team to request a re-evaluation of the documentation I sent, plus I sent several more pieces of info like my monthly account statement email. It was approved a week after that.
Frustrating. The monthly account statement email that I get has much less info than the web screenshot that I sent!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:03 am

Just curious what sort of documentation people have used to match from WN to DL? As far as I can recall, I've never had a physical membership card for WN and basically the only statement I get from them are email ads that have my frequent flyer number at the top. The only documentation I can think of providing is a screenshot of "My Activity" page, which shows my A-list status and year to date mileage. Is that sufficient?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:03 am

Update on my status match request. I was pleasantly surprised to see this approved yesterday.

Timeline:
Friday 2/22: Submitted status match via web form late Friday night. I uploaded the printable version of my Alaska MVP Gold card and a screen capture of my mileage report. Immediately received an automated reply saying that requests are typically reviewed in 5 business days but can take up to 2 weeks.
Wednesday 2/27: Received email stating “Please look for the terms of your 3 month offer to be sent to the e-mail address in your SkyMiles account. Now that you are enrolled, we can make no changes to the dates or terms of your challenge. If you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail only.
Thursday 2/28: Gold Medallion status now shows up on my SkyMiles account.

So it took 3 business days and then an additional day for the status to be reflect on my account.

Hope this data point is useful to others.
krakendown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.