Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I've now filed two separate issues via the 'Other' complaints form, one week apart (two weeks total waiting time now), and have tried using both the website chat and the iMessage chat (in both cases, after a long conversation trying to get the agent to actually understand what the issue was, they concluded by saying they'd 'filed a request' and I should see the adjustment in 24-48 hours), all to no effect.

Any other advice short of making the phone call? Am in the middle of a really busy few weeks and would like to avoid a 45-90 minute phone call if possible. Curious if anybody else has had success with alternate pathways (email escalation, Twitter/X, ....?)
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
It has happened on the last four flights I've had. It takes the reservations agent about 5-10 minutes of interaction time with the Skymiles support team and it's resolved.

Usually say something along these lines: I took a flight yesterday between AAA and BBB and the miles and MQDs didn't post correctly.

Annoying but at least resolvable.
nenbeely likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DL is obviously focused on other important things like devaluing the program, and this issue also gives them a nice perk from shorting pax miles and mqd credit so there is little incentive for them to fix it.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
DL is obviously focused on other important things like devaluing the program, and this issue also gives them a nice perk from shorting pax miles and mqd credit so there is little incentive for them to fix it.
the millions of pax that don’t know any better.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by nenbeely
I've now filed two separate issues via the 'Other' complaints form, one week apart (two weeks total waiting time now), and have tried using both the website chat and the iMessage chat (in both cases, after a long conversation trying to get the agent to actually understand what the issue was, they concluded by saying they'd 'filed a request' and I should see the adjustment in 24-48 hours), all to no effect.

Any other advice short of making the phone call? Am in the middle of a really busy few weeks and would like to avoid a 45-90 minute phone call if possible. Curious if anybody else has had success with alternate pathways (email escalation, Twitter/X, ....?)
multiple phone calls may be required. Give them a week between calls. But the dead giveaway that it is being fixed is that your earnings for the flights in question will revert to processing during or shortly after your call. I think their strategy is to blow people off and to actually fix only when the customer continues to follow up. I do believe this will become a non issue when the new program takes affect likely on 2025.
nenbeely likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
And all the ecredits that never show up in your DL wallet.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
And all the ecredits that never show up in your DL wallet.
surprised there is no class action going on this bs.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CO777ER
It has happened on the last four flights I've had. It takes the reservations agent about 5-10 minutes of interaction time with the Skymiles support team and it's resolved.

Usually say something along these lines: I took a flight yesterday between AAA and BBB and the miles and MQDs didn't post correctly.

Annoying but at least resolvable.
Thanks for this guidance. It was about 2-3 minutes speaking with the Delta agent, and then about 30-35 minutes on hold while he worked it out with Skymiles desk. I then saw the three flights 'zero out' on my Recent Activity, and within about 2 hours they had re-generated with the correct MQD and Skymiles.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by shoodawg
We have noticed that occasionally our application of an e-Credit to a ticket purchase will reduce our MQD earning by about the amount of the e-Credit. Does anyone know why this happens, and why it is so very difficult to get Delta to adjust the MQD earn after the fact?
Like others have indicated, DM agents usually get confused at this.

Had to email Ed's executive office to get it solved once cause I was getting nowhere.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL, UA
yet more short-changing by DL.... had a flight, did a SDC, they charged me $75 (shouldn't have), and short-changed the MQD....

I sent in a ticket on the web form - they granted me the refund of the $75 back, but still didn't relent on the MQD. Now MQD are the all or nothing - you literally have to have a spreadsheet going to make sure it all tallies up (unless you're just going over the thresholds with no issue). Called today, 2h wait to speak to someone, sure enough $200 MQD short. OK, not a huge deal - but I do a lot of changes and so if you don't monitor and fly like me 3-4 times a month, it is possibly $200 or so each time I'm missing, so could be up to $7-8k a year, and this is meaningful in MQD terms. They fixed it - but at what cost? For me - quite a lot more than I gained, I can say that.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by T-15.01
you literally have to have a spreadsheet going to make sure it all tallies up
Does anyone have a spreadsheet template that they are willing to share? I could make my own but I'm guessing that many others already have something that works well. I am experiencing issues both with "missing" MQDs as well as disappearing ecredits and want to track, as ridiculous as it is that I need to do it!
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:49 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Pretty sure this happened to me - between adding a leg to a flight and using ecredits, when it posted it turns out I’m several 100s MQDs short of the base fare.

Do folks advise calling vs messaging vs emailing for MQD adjustments?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ryw
Pretty sure this happened to me - between adding a leg to a flight and using ecredits, when it posted it turns out I’m several 100s MQDs short of the base fare.

Do folks advise calling vs messaging vs emailing for MQD adjustments?
call in. Submitting tickets never worked well.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:57 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by shoodawg
call in. Submitting tickets never worked well.
Makes sense, thanks! Guess I’ll wait until I can get a hold of a weekday morning agent next week before calling in
shoodawg likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:42 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Being shorted MQM/MQD?

I am finding my earning on DL this year very confusing. All of my DL travel is booked on DL.com. Never through third party or agency. Some of my travel is paid for using past travel certificates from cancelled trips. Here are two scenarios that have left me utterly perplexed:

Scenario One
Flew DCA-LAX non-stop on Delta One, in paid business (I class). Total fare before taxes of $659.20, paid for with travel certificate from past cancelled trip.

Earnings, per Delta:
MQD: $0 (expected $659)
MQS: 0 (expected 1)
MQM: 0 (expected 3456 with cabin bonus)

Language in the notes on the SkyMiles activity screen:
We're sorry, we cannot fulfill your mileage credit request because the activity is not eligible to earn miles per Delta rules.

I have no idea what Delta rules they're referring to as there is no link or further information.

Scenario Two
Flew LAX-CDG-BUD, PRG-JFK-LAX. Booked and paid for via Delta.com using combo of cash and travel credit from past trip. Outbound on Air France metal (Z class), return on Delta metal (I class). Business class on all segments. Base fare of $2,502.

Earnings, per Delta:
MQD: $120 (expected $2,502)
MQS: 4 (as expected)
MQM: 19,505 (as expected)

So the MQS and MQM are correct, but they've shorted me $2,382 in MQD.

I have contacted Delta three times about this and have gotten different answers every time. The first being my DCA-LAX was ineligible to earn (again, no explanation why as it's a paid fare in a published fare bucket), the second that it would post eventually (it hasn't), and the third that partner tickets earn differently (this was on Delta-coded flights in all cases).

No idea how to get a resolution. Have others had this problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.