Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by dll
I am finding my earning on DL this year very confusing. All of my DL travel is booked on DL.com. Never through third party or agency. Some of my travel is paid for using past travel certificates from cancelled trips. Here are two scenarios that have left me utterly perplexed:

Scenario One
Flew DCA-LAX non-stop on Delta One, in paid business (I class). Total fare before taxes of $659.20, paid for with travel certificate from past cancelled trip.

Earnings, per Delta:
MQD: $0 (expected $659)
MQS: 0 (expected 1)
MQM: 0 (expected 3456 with cabin bonus)

Language in the notes on the SkyMiles activity screen:
We're sorry, we cannot fulfill your mileage credit request because the activity is not eligible to earn miles per Delta rules.

I have no idea what Delta rules they're referring to as there is no link or further information.

Scenario Two
Flew LAX-CDG-BUD, PRG-JFK-LAX. Booked and paid for via Delta.com using combo of cash and travel credit from past trip. Outbound on Air France metal (Z class), return on Delta metal (I class). Business class on all segments. Base fare of $2,502.

Earnings, per Delta:
MQD: $120 (expected $2,502)
MQS: 4 (as expected)
MQM: 19,505 (as expected)

So the MQS and MQM are correct, but they've shorted me $2,382 in MQD.

I have contacted Delta three times about this and have gotten different answers every time. The first being my DCA-LAX was ineligible to earn (again, no explanation why as it's a paid fare in a published fare bucket), the second that it would post eventually (it hasn't), and the third that partner tickets earn differently (this was on Delta-coded flights in all cases).

No idea how to get a resolution. Have others had this problem?
which of these trips did you pay at least partly with e-credits? This is a major issue with under-awarding points and EQDs, etc. you will need to call and call and maybe call some more. They dont make it easy.
Ascii, ryw and bloc0102 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Existing thread on issues with MQD earn when using e-Credits toward flight -- e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)
Mr. Tickets, bloc0102 and PanAmSam like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:53 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shoodawg
which of these trips did you pay at least partly with e-credits? This is a major issue with under-awarding points and EQDs, etc. you will need to call and call and maybe call some more. They dont make it easy.
Both trips involved eCredits. The first (DCA-LAX) covered the entire trip. Second only covered part of the trip, but that eCredit was still WAY more than the $120 MQD awarded. Will look through the existing thread. Ugh.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:06 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by dll
No idea how to get a resolution. Have others had this problem?
Yes, I have had the problem as well. HUCA until you get a competent agent and the correct resolution. When you call, tell them exactly how many MQM/MQDs you should receive and ask them to confirm that the SkyMiles agent agrees. They should be able to have the correct miles posted quickly (within a couple hours or even right away). There are LOTS of incompetent agents working at Delta post-COVID, so this can be a lengthy process to endure.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I just went through this. I needed ticket number for them to even locate the flights. The agent will contact skymiles desk. Stay on the phone as even though I told the agent what the MQD should have been, she kept coming back to me with different numbers. After being on the phone for over an hour, they finally they agreed I was right and gave me the MQD instantly.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:54 pm

What a headache. Almost like all the ecredits Ive earned over the past few years that never seem to show up in my DL wallet. Making the passenger track all of this is maddening not premium Ed.

Unless I was close to the next medallion threshold I cannot be bothered tracking my MQM/MQD. Not worth my time.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:39 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I spent time on the phone with them and they say the DCA-LAX (my scenario one) will eventually post, maybe within 10 days and that the current notation is just a placeholder. I don't believe it but will watch to see.

For the other, they asked that I e-mail in screenshots and detail. Why is it my responsibility to do their accounting and auditing for them? I don't even know how to calculate MQD per sector for a multi-sector ticket, only what the total should be. I charge my clients an hourly rate to do work like this.

I looked back at other earnings for this year and thankfully everything other than these two trips looks more or less correct.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by dll
I spent time on the phone with them and they say the DCA-LAX (my scenario one) will eventually post, maybe within 10 days and that the current notation is just a placeholder. I don't believe it but will watch to see.

For the other, they asked that I e-mail in screenshots and detail. Why is it my responsibility to do their accounting and auditing for them? I don't even know how to calculate MQD per sector for a multi-sector ticket, only what the total should be. I charge my clients an hourly rate to do work like this.

I looked back at other earnings for this year and thankfully everything other than these two trips looks more or less correct.
for some partner travel that does not post auto, if you want the credit, you will likely need to submit the receipts. Their system sucks, and quite possibly, they are content with the status quo. After all, they are saving. God only knows how many customers have been shorted by the e-credit and partner posting issues.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
I booked an MQM run CMH-MSP using SkyMiles earlier today on a mainline flight operated by an A320 and, on the booking page, got the estimated MQM/MQD earns for the trip (I'll need 250, I'll get like 675).

I later decided to switch to a later flight on an E175 and am getting estimates of 0 MQM/0 MQD.

What gives? I can't believe switching flights would affect things given award trips earn MQDs (at a fraction of the miles used) and mainline vs. DCI shouldn't make a difference.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by dll
Me neither. They actually need to resubmit it for it to show up correctly, have had that multiple times, also with even exchange tickets. Once it shows N, it won't magically change on its own.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JSprague24
I booked an MQM run CMH-MSP using SkyMiles earlier today on a mainline flight operated by an A320 and, on the booking page, got the estimated MQM/MQD earns for the trip (I'll need 250, I'll get like 675).

I later decided to switch to a later flight on an E175 and am getting estimates of 0 MQM/0 MQD.

What gives? I can't believe switching flights would affect things given award trips earn MQDs (at a fraction of the miles used) and mainline vs. DCI shouldn't make a difference.
It just a bug in the estimator for awards on DL Connection Carrier flights which has been documented a number of times. Even though it shows zero in the estimator, the flights will credit correctly.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:41 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Just went through this, where the MQD earnings of a DL mainline domestic flight were equal to the base fare minus the amount of ecredits that I used. I called in and the agent gave incorrect info that "MQDs are a percentage of the base fare" - but she put me on hold and went ahead and contacted the appropriate desk who properly credited the correct MQDs. Minus points for incorrect info, but plus points for this agent resolving my issue - though I can easily imagine that another agent might have said the same thing and not taken the useful actions afterwards. Will be carefully looking at any flights with ecredits!
Old Oct 6, 2023, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryw
Just went through this, where the MQD earnings of a DL mainline domestic flight were equal to the base fare minus the amount of ecredits that I used. I called in and the agent gave incorrect info that "MQDs are a percentage of the base fare" - but she put me on hold and went ahead and contacted the appropriate desk who properly credited the correct MQDs. Minus points for incorrect info, but plus points for this agent resolving my issue - though I can easily imagine that another agent might have said the same thing and not taken the useful actions afterwards. Will be carefully looking at any flights with ecredits!
They were partially right. MQD credits on a per segment basis as a percentage of ticketed base fare. % equals percentage miles flown on segment are out of total ticketed miles flown.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by xliioper
It just a bug in the estimator for awards on DL Connection Carrier flights which has been documented a number of times. Even though it shows zero in the estimator, the flights will credit correctly.
Thanks- this will be the first Delta Connection flight I've taken since 2018, so I've had no experience with the bug.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I just talked to an agent, attempting to get some missing MQD/RDM similar to previous posters. The agent said, point blank, that one only earns MQD/RDM on that portion of a ticket paid by credit card, not on e-credits. I asked if she was sure, she said yes. So I asked her directly, suppose I book a ticket, cancel it, rebook a similar flight later costing the same amount using the e-certificate for the full amount, I should get zero miles? She said, amazingly enough, yes, no miles.

Fortunately, she agreed to contact the Skymiles desk with the PNRs of my two flights, and it all got sorted out in a few minutes. She never admitted that her initial response was ... curious.

The issue reminds me of agents not knowing the SDC rules for a flight where one had used an RUC to get into F.
LowValueCustomer likes this.

Last edited by Spent_All_My_Miles; Oct 15, 2023 at 10:43 pm Reason: Typos

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.