Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
brkandjfk

[QUOTE=brkandjfk;34826281]Did this, they said it would be queued for review. Still waiting, will update.

As you can tell, I'm not too good with this posting on these sites. I would call and do the txt again and type in REPRESENTATIVE, if that is not one of the options given. I did that and a human txtd me back immediately. I told her exactly what I wanted, in other words, tell them the MQD dollar amount you should have. Hope it works. I called the diamond line twice, before doing the SMS thing, and got that same "queue" runaround. When I did the SMS, she said it was in the queue and I waited for a few minutes and she txtd back that it was done. Checked my account and it was already posted. Hope it works. Appears they say it's in the queue, but apparently there isn't any way of knowing that or the status because every time I call or contact Delta, I never get a response that says " you called/txtd on this date and we said it is in the queue....and it still is." Good luck.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:28 pm

At this point almost every trip I take requires calling in after the fact (sometimes 2-3 times) to get proper credit.

I make many changes to my trips and I make lots of speculative bookings so yes there is a lot of churn and a lot of eCredits.

But still its become a real pain and a real time sink.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=lking;34828856]
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
Did this, they said it would be queued for review. Still waiting, will update.

As you can tell, I'm not too good with this posting on these sites. I would call and do the txt again and type in REPRESENTATIVE, if that is not one of the options given. I did that and a human txtd me back immediately. I told her exactly what I wanted, in other words, tell them the MQD dollar amount you should have. Hope it works. I called the diamond line twice, before doing the SMS thing, and got that same "queue" runaround. When I did the SMS, she said it was in the queue and I waited for a few minutes and she txtd back that it was done. Checked my account and it was already posted. Hope it works. Appears they say it's in the queue, but apparently there isn't any way of knowing that or the status because every time I call or contact Delta, I never get a response that says " you called/txtd on this date and we said it is in the queue....and it still is." Good luck.
That's an accurate description on the process I used (moved to SMS, texting REP, giving them the what it is and what it should be...).
I'm still waiting, but will call again if it's not resolved by Thursday.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
MQD credit discrepancy with flight change after booking

Has anybody else noticed that upon making a flight change (in my case a week or less out), Delta is not crediting you the whole fare paid? (original fare PLUS fare change (increase))

I had an incident back in August, did a flight change about 5 days out. Delta gave me MQD for the additional fare change that I paid, but not the original. For me, no big deal, as I'm well over MQD for DM this year....but Delta still has not responded to the TWO inquiries about it.

But for MrsBHammy, she is $144 shy of DM this year because of a flight in Dec that we changed 3 days out, she also has only gotten credit for part of the fare involved. I have the rec't, with the ticket # matching the ticket # on her SM account activity.
Using "base fare" for the MQD value (domestic ticket, all DL metal) and the MQD credit she has is nearly $300 shy of the rec't. Have inquiry into it, but they'll get to it when they get to it with her traveling every weekend this month as Platinum (much diminished UG prospects)

Has anybody else noticed this discrepancy?
(didn't find anything recently relevant with search)
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Seems like a fairly common complaint after flight changes.
MQD/RDM posting calculation errors (DL booked, DL metal)
The only IT system worse than DL is WN.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:59 am

My experience seems to be related to changing the PNR after booking.

I had an incident back in August, did a flight change about 5 days out. Delta gave me MQD for the additional fare change that I paid, but not the original. For me, no big deal, as I'm well over MQD for DM this year....but Delta still has not responded to the TWO inquiries about it.

But for MrsBHammy, she is $144 shy of DM this year because of a flight in Dec that we changed 3 days out, she also has only gotten credit for part of the fare involved.
I have the rec't, with the ticket # matching the ticket # on her SM account activity.

Using "base fare" for the MQD value (domestic ticket, all DL metal) and the MQD credit she has is nearly $300 shy of the rec't.

Have inquiry into it (they said they're almost caught up), but I guess they'll get to it when they get to it with her traveling every weekend this month as Platinum (much diminished UG prospects)
Called on the inquiry last night, and they said it's still in Q...to call back Friday to check on it. (even tho mine is still in Q from August )
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:31 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I had an incident of this not too long ago. The amount I got credit for was equal to one of the Ecredit vouchers I had used... but that didn't cover the entire price of the ticket.

A quick phone call to the diamond line fixed it.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:02 am

My update...after TWO inquiries (email/.com report) to missing MQDs for mine and MrsBHammy's, I got a DM rep on the phone who knew the issue and fixed it!

As per previous post, MrsBHammy was not credited a full change fare price, having her miss Diamond this year.
The DM rep says that this is a KNOWN issue for Ecredits NOT applying to MQMs....it's a left over/remaining fix for the IT dept who didn't implement Ecredits into the MQD system (or vice/versa) back in they day that it was "thrown together"
She (DM rep) saw the issue on the ticket, called over to the SkyMiles desk, told/showed them the problem, and had it resolved within 15 minutes. 24 hours later, MrsBHammy is now back to DM.

So if you bounce with Ecredits like I do with flight changes, make note of them all and HUCA until you get an agent who can resolve them instead of getting put into the SkyMiles desk queue.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=brkandjfk;34831323]
Originally Posted by lking

That's an accurate description on the process I used (moved to SMS, texting REP, giving them the what it is and what it should be...).
I'm still waiting, but will call again if it's not resolved by Thursday.
Closing the loop on mine they applied the correction a couple days after the above post same thing happened with another similar (changed ticket) flight, followed the same process.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, DL Amex Reserve Hilton Diamond AS 75K
DL shorted my MQD's

Not sure how often this happens, however, I just happened to glance at my "recent activity" page on skymiles today and noticed my trip on Saturday from BNA-MSP-SEA-ANC was coming in at 252 MQD's. So a called and sure enough and got the "sorry for this error, your account will be updated within 24 hours". They had no idea what the error could have been, however, i wonder how many other trips i have been shorted? After some quick math, it appears they only gave me MQDs for the amount charged to my card and neglected to add in the ecredits i used. This is concerning. Who has time to go back and look at each flights MQD's?
indufan likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jimblack
Not sure how often this happens, however, I just happened to glance at my "recent activity" page on skymiles today and noticed my trip on Saturday from BNA-MSP-SEA-ANC was coming in at 252 MQD's. So a called and sure enough and got the "sorry for this error, your account will be updated within 24 hours". They had no idea what the error could have been, however, i wonder how many other trips i have been shorted? After some quick math, it appears they only gave me MQDs for the amount charged to my card and neglected to add in the ecredits i used. This is concerning. Who has time to go back and look at each flights MQD's?
I have this problem every time I use an eCredit now. Some chat and phone reps are aware and quick to resolve the issue. In other cases, it has taken an hour plus.
MichaelKade and bloc0102 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I do on 160+ flights per year, about 10% are wrong.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:09 pm

As Ascii mentioned - there is a known issue when using eCredits...ironically, they don't get credited towards MQDs in Delta's current algorithms.
You can open a ticket with an agent or online, but a good agent will take care of it directly.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, DL Amex Reserve Hilton Diamond AS 75K
This is becoming more and more frequent. How can DL not fix this? One would think it is intentional when a known error, which benefits the company, is not corrected.

Flyers, you need to check your MQDs, especially when using E-Credits.
ty97 and hi55us like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by jimblack

Flyers, you need to check your MQDs, especially when using E-Credits.
Naaah, everyone hits the waiver, since we're all Amex Medallions!
DLHubber likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.