Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
It would be really nice if the mileage request form could be used to report this, but it won't let you submit when the miles have posted at all -- there should be an option for posted incorrectly. It's a waste for all involved to require a call or chat.

Though, it would be even nicer if they would fix the problem.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 4:29 pm

eCredit partial payment

Please forgive me if this topic is discussed in another thread….. just landed after JFK-LAX-SYD and seeing another potential example where use of ecredit as split tender has impacted initial skymiles bucket credits. Believe I have seen this on a prior trip as well. First time was resolved with skymiles rep intervention. Just trying to help.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Is there a question? Way too little information to be useful as a data point. This has been brought up multiple times.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:20 pm

Getting beyond tired of this. Every single trip booked with any sort of eCredits now requires 3-4 phone calls with clueless reps. Hours of my time wasted every single time.

They concocted this MQD system, it’s clearly broken, and they assume most people won’t notice or care. Seems they’re telling me they have plenty of business already.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:10 pm

Third time this year it's happened to me on a trip I just completed, and left me $13 short of the next status up. The agent I spoke with today was very confused and asked ME why it was happening! The key seems to be to get them to call into their Skymiles desk/support to have them manually recalculate and post the MQDs. Mine have been corrected within a few hours after that. The first two times it happened to me they submitted a written request/"put it in a queue", which resulted in nothing happening. The agent relayed that whoever she spoke with on her end said the ecredits don't calculate MQDs correctly, so seems to be a known issue. Very frustrating!
Old Jul 31, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Ah…this explains it. I have a RT that I used an ecredit for in the first week Of June that is still showing 0 MQDs and not eligible for miles. Have called 2x and the agents have both said it’s in the queue to be corrected. Seems I need to call again.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Getting beyond tired of this. Every single trip booked with any sort of eCredits now requires 3-4 phone calls with clueless reps. Hours of my time wasted every single time.

They concocted this MQD system, it’s clearly broken, and they assume most people won’t notice or care. Seems they’re telling me they have plenty of business already.
It's a big problem and any requests I send in to try and get it corrected go into a seeming black hole. Delta needs to figure this out.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:32 pm

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning

We have noticed that occasionally our application of an e-Credit to a ticket purchase will reduce our MQD earning by about the amount of the e-Credit. Does anyone know why this happens, and why it is so very difficult to get Delta to adjust the MQD earn after the fact?
Old Aug 26, 2023, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL, UA
1) monitor your MQD. Don't, and it's at your own peril.
2) send in a ticket complaint if it isn't lining up with the receipt. They'll fix it.

Simple.
bloc0102 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Anyone know of any tools to help audit your quals vs actual activity?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abeille
Anyone know of any tools to help audit your quals vs actual activity?
If you are just booking DL marketed flights, it's not terribly complicated. Compare Base Fare of flights (+YR carrier-imposed surcharges, if any. Note, domestic fares don't have carrier-imposed surcharges) in My Receipts (https://www.delta.com/mydelta/walletMyReceiptSummary) with total MQD earn on itin in Account Activity (https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/man...tactvty.action). They should be equal. The website keeps 2 years of receipts and 3 years of account activity. You can also refer to your email receipts if you save them where Base Fare (and any YR surcharge) are detailed.

lindros2 and willoL like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Aug 31, 2023 at 8:20 pm
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The challenge really seems to be the incompetence of most agents answering the Diamond line. The last time I had this happen, the call would go like this:

Me: Hey - I need you to get the skymiles team on the line, PNR XYZ123 did not earn the proper amount of skymiles, please have them re-queue it.
Delta Agent: What makes you think it didn't earn properly. I show that you earned miles for spending of 295$.
Me: Check the receipt - the ticket cost was 950$. This is a common issue for tickets booked with e-credits, and is a simple fix for the skymiles desk.
Delta Agent: Let me check on this. Hold for 15 mins. Come back - I spoke to my supervisor, we need to talk to the skymiles desk which has a 45 min hold, please wait.
Agent hangs up.

Or various versions of this where they will say it has been re-queued etc. Typically until you reach an agent that really knows what they are doing it will not be fixed. Usually you can tell if it has been re-queued b/c it will show that 0 miles are earned and it is pending. The only thing that works here is HUCA.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
The challenge really seems to be the incompetence of most agents answering the Diamond line. The last time I had this happen, the call would go like this:

Me: Hey - I need you to get the skymiles team on the line, PNR XYZ123 did not earn the proper amount of skymiles, please have them re-queue it.
Delta Agent: What makes you think it didn't earn properly. I show that you earned miles for spending of 295$.
Me: Check the receipt - the ticket cost was 950$. This is a common issue for tickets booked with e-credits, and is a simple fix for the skymiles desk.
Delta Agent: Let me check on this. Hold for 15 mins. Come back - I spoke to my supervisor, we need to talk to the skymiles desk which has a 45 min hold, please wait.
Agent hangs up.

Or various versions of this where they will say it has been re-queued etc. Typically until you reach an agent that really knows what they are doing it will not be fixed. Usually you can tell if it has been re-queued b/c it will show that 0 miles are earned and it is pending. The only thing that works here is HUCA.
on Tuesday I’ll call in for the 5th or 6th time.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Just checked MQDs posted for a flight flown last night. Sure enough, MQDs do not match fare paid since ecredits were used. Had to call three times but finally the SkyMiles page shows the still processing status for the flight. What a shame to have to monitor postings.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta DM
I have a flight from back in June that I still haven’t been able to get fixed despite calling multiple times. Every agent has told me it’s “been submitted to be fixed.” Guess I’ll try again this week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.