Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
This issue is really beginning to turn me to DL a little, and I really like DL.

I've had this happen a couple of times this year. I track my earnings carefully so I notice immediately. For me, it wasn't a huge amount of MQD in either case and I don't need the MQD due to AMEX waiver, but it's still some lost RDM (for what those are even worth). But to have to call 3,4, or even 6 times over months to get it resolved is completely unacceptable.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Thanks to the posters who brought up this issue. Did a manual audit of my year to date and found Delta has shorted me almost 3,000 MQD and 33,000 RDM. Ridiculous that I have to spend an hour in Excel on this before even calling to try and get my credit. Does anyone know how far this issue goes back? I should probably audit 2022 as well.

Surely Delta is aware their own systems don't calculate MQD properly? How is this anything other than consumer fraud?
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Thanks to the posters who brought up this issue. Did a manual audit of my year to date and found Delta has shorted me almost 3,000 MQD and 33,000 RDM. Ridiculous that I have to spend an hour in Excel on this before even calling to try and get my credit. Does anyone know how far this issue goes back? I should probably audit 2022 as well.

Surely Delta is aware their own systems don't calculate MQD properly? How is this anything other than consumer fraud?
WowI find this concerning. Did you use a special tool for your calculations, or vanilla MS Excel?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by metalblaze
WowI find this concerning. Did you use a special tool for your calculations, or vanilla MS Excel?
I use a spreadsheet through the year to log flights I have booked and the expected earnings. Then I validate as they post that I received the correct credit. Airlines mess up sometimes (though this ecredit issue is broader than 'messes up sometimes') so I always keep an ongoing check going throughout the year.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer

definitely seen issues LY.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by shoodawg
I'm sure I was shorted thousands last year too but when I just called they said they would only go back 8 months. During that time they agreed at least six different tickets were credited wrong and "requeued" them for me. Said it would take a week or so to credit correctly. I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyone know a class action attorney who wants to take this on? It is obviously a widespread issue that most people either don't know to look for or don't have time to correct. Delta isn't shorting people cash but they are shorting people millions of miles. The agent I spoke with says this is a known issue and the only way to make sure you get proper credit is to do the math yourself and call when Delta gets it wrong. She commended me on my math skills and record keeping
shoodawg and GagaPilot like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by ty97
This issue is really beginning to turn me to DL a little, and I really like DL.

I've had this happen a couple of times this year. I track my earnings carefully so I notice immediately. For me, it wasn't a huge amount of MQD in either case and I don't need the MQD due to AMEX waiver, but it's still some lost RDM (for what those are even worth). But to have to call 3,4, or even 6 times over months to get it resolved is completely unacceptable.
absolutely! We should not have to be keeping screenshots, earning spreadsheets, ticketing emails and airline files just to keep track of proper MQD earnings. Their relevant software and back end technology should be as sophisticated as the image Delta likes to project of itself
ty97 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
With all the constant Delta IT issues (miles not posting correctly, RUC/GUC issues, and the horrible new MyTrips user interface) the head of IT is obviously incompetent and should be replaced. The level of disfunctionality at a company this large is unacceptable.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Just want to say thanks for the OP here - wasn't aware this was a thing, and found three different tickets from this year where I was awarded way fewer MQD and SkyMiles than I deserved, and all three tickets I used multiple eCredits. Took me 30 minutes to build a spreadsheet and go through all my ~60 flights this year, but found a total of $1200 missing in MQDs and about 11k Skymiles. Would love to see Delta IT fix this. Filed a ticket, we'll see how long it takes...
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
I thought the DL-LY partnership wasnt live yet?
GrayAnderson likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by michab
I thought the DL-LY partnership wasnt live yet?
LY=last year in this case
GrayAnderson and michab like this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ty97
I use a spreadsheet through the year to log flights I have booked and the expected earnings. Then I validate as they post that I received the correct credit. Airlines mess up sometimes (though this ecredit issue is broader than 'messes up sometimes') so I always keep an ongoing check going throughout the year.
Wow...this has never occurred to me, and I have taken at least 3 dozen flights out of JFK/LGA already this year. Would you mind DMing me your Excel template? Looks like I will have to spend few hours over the weekend to figure this out....bravo DL IT!
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:44 pm

Another e-credit MQD, MQM, RDM case resolved.

Today, after 6 calls and at least two tickets submitted over a two month span, this particular case was resolved during a 40 minute phone call. If you apply e-credits and dont follow up, you could be missing your due credits. Caveat emptor.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:59 am

Every single trip I take now that involves eCredits means 2-4 calls to Delta afterwards to get proper MQDs and RDMs. Same story every time. Well re-queue it. Doesnt work. Call again, explain it again. Eventually find an agent that gets it, escalates to Skyniles and it gets fixed instantly.

Great use of my time.
ryandc99 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Every single trip I take now that involves eCredits means 2-4 calls to Delta afterwards to get proper MQDs and RDMs. Same story every time. Well re-queue it. Doesnt work. Call again, explain it again. Eventually find an agent that gets it, escalates to Skyniles and it gets fixed instantly.

Great use of my time.
Seems like the experience is consistent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.