Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

e-Credits bug incorrectly reducing MQD earning (Consolidated)

Old Oct 16, 2023, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
I just talked to an agent, attempting to get some missing MQD/RDM similar to previous posters. The agent said, point blank, that one only earns MQD/RDM on that portion of a ticket paid by credit card, not on e-credits. I asked if she was sure, she said yes. So I asked her directly, suppose I book a ticket, cancel it, rebook a similar flight later costing the same amount using the e-certificate for the full amount, I should get zero miles? She said, amazingly enough, yes, no miles.

Fortunately, she agreed to contact the Skymiles desk with the PNRs of my two flights, and it all got sorted out in a few minutes. She never admitted that her initial response was ... curious.

The issue reminds me of agents not knowing the SDC rules for a flight where one had used an RUC to get into F.
Fake it til you make it.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: Diamond SkyMiles (2MM), Executive (Lifetime NWA) Skyclub, UAL Mileage Plus, IHG Plat Elite
Flew PVR-ATL-MLB yesterday on a ticket purchased with e-credits from a prior cancelled ticket plus $.19cents on Amex. (Yes, 19 cents). Checked recent activity on account and got the not eligible message. The activity had the correct itinerary but used the canceled ticket number.

Called this morning; explained situation and gave the ticket number from yesterdays boarding pass. Placed on hold; told it will be resolved with 7 days.

As I ended the call, I mentioned that there appears to be quite few issues with e-credit tickets and correct posting. Received the hmm, hadnt heard it yet response and I stated there is an entire thread on FlyerTalk. . It truly is a nuisance as has been highlighted here.

Safe travels!
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by N501US
Flew PVR-ATL-MLB yesterday on a ticket purchased with e-credits from a prior cancelled ticket plus $.19cents on Amex. (Yes, 19 cents). Checked recent activity on account and got the not eligible message. The activity had the correct itinerary but used the canceled ticket number.

Called this morning; explained situation and gave the ticket number from yesterdays boarding pass. Placed on hold; told it will be resolved with 7 days.

As I ended the call, I mentioned that there appears to be quite few issues with e-credit tickets and correct posting. Received the hmm, hadnt heard it yet response and I stated there is an entire thread on FlyerTalk. . It truly is a nuisance as has been highlighted here.

Safe travels!
can you imagine how many tens of millions of eqds delta is not handing out due to this issue-an issue that they know about!!!
N501US and ryandc99 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by N501US

Safe travels!
unfortunately chances are youll have to call back. I went through the 7-10 days excuse until they finally took care of it by getting the skymiles desk on the phone on the 3rd call.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by shoodawg
can you imagine how many tens of millions of eqds delta is not handing out due to this issue-an issue that they know about!!!
Its a feature, not a bug
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Kevbeau
Its a feature, not a bug
Its a premium feature. Not a bug.
BamaGirl and Ascii like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 12:24 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I called Delta today to check on the status of my two outstanding trips that were credited in error. I was told to "rest assured" that the SkyMiles team is working on my request and it should be completed within 7-10 days. Mind you, I've already been resting assured since I first reported this to them 11 days ago. They would not transfer me to anyone to talk about the request. Strangely, my travel companion on both trips, who had the same combination of eCredits used, received correct credits on all flights.

At this point I'm not feeling that assured.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 11:47 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dll
I called Delta today to check on the status of my two outstanding trips that were credited in error. I was told to "rest assured" that the SkyMiles team is working on my request and it should be completed within 7-10 days. Mind you, I've already been resting assured since I first reported this to them 11 days ago. They would not transfer me to anyone to talk about the request. Strangely, my travel companion on both trips, who had the same combination of eCredits used, received correct credits on all flights.

At this point I'm not feeling that assured.
This is not a response from DL that will result in anything. You need to ask for a supervisor, ask them to call the Skymiles desk and keep pushing.
Ascii and spongenotbob like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryandc99
This is not a response from DL that will result in anything. You need to ask for a supervisor, ask them to call the Skymiles desk and keep pushing.
Just putting another data point in favor of this take - I have never had these issues resolved via the ticketing system. You absolutely have to force the issue live on a call and have them work with the Skymiles desk, or it's probably not getting done. Really frustrating.
ryandc99 and Ascii like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: Diamond SkyMiles (2MM), Executive (Lifetime NWA) Skyclub, UAL Mileage Plus, IHG Plat Elite
Doesn’t Delta have staff that monitor sites like this and airliners.net etc.? You’d think this information would be forwarded……..sorry, my bad for thinking.
ryw likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am wondering if this is worked to being fixed. I have noticed that the ecredits seem to be displaying properly now in the app for future trips estimator.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 4:19 pm

Day 7 came with no resolution. Called and the agent, Laura, was empathetic and efficient. Said that I deserved the MQDs and MQMs - she called Skymiles desk and everything was squared away within an hour. Sincerely appreciate her help; Still frustrated with overall process.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:22 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
My MQDs for the LAX-CDG-BUD, PRG-JFK-LAX eventually have showed up. I gave up trying on my other missing leg, DCA-LAX. After multiple calls, e-mails and chats they were still not posting and I never found a DL agent well-informed enough to solve the problem with SkyMiles. It wasn't going to put me over any thresholds anyway. It has changed my future shopping habits a little though, as I'm leaning now toward United for future purchases just to avoid the hassle this has been.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:59 pm

This thread is now 13 months old. Still broken, just had another trip post as all-zero's.

At least it only took one phone call this time and one escalation to Skymiles to resolve.

13 months of Premium service.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:28 pm

Wow, what is going on here Delta :/
Was hoping to renew status this year but have hundreds of dollars of MQD stuck in this limbo since mid year. Countless calls to support, hours on hold with Skymiles, each time told to check in 7 days for resolution. It's never resolved and the whole thing starts over again. Really making me question my loyalty to Delta if simply getting the numbers tracked correctly is this hard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.